Called VSC 10:20am; Working on RD=Sep/15/01 now; AR11 useless!

syj

Registered Users (C)
after keeping hitting 'Repeat Dialing' for 5 minutes, finally got connected. Chose '0' to speak with an IIO, holded for 15 minutes, a lady came up...

IIO: hello, this is xxx, how can i help you?
syj: i just want to confirm address change, i filed an AR11 two weeks ago.
IIO: your EAC number
syj: eac 02 037 xxxxx
IIO: what is your new addr?
syj: 552 ....
IIO: well, this is not the one in the system, tell me your new one, and i will change it right now.
syj: (address again..)
IIO: any other person i should change address for ?
syj: thanks for asking, my wife's number is eac 02 037 xxxxx
IIO: ok, i will change hers as soon as i hung up. Any other ques?
syj: can i know my status ?
IIO: well your RD is Sept 19 ( wrong!), Sept 15 cases are being processed, so your case can be picked up any day now.
syj: thanks

Woo! excited!!

Thanks for bearing the good news, friend.

I havn't get excited for a long time until today. You made my day.

cheers!

syj:

I didn't understand ur conversation with IIO regarding wrong RD. Can you please clarify ?

AR11 Required Need to Notify Service Center too

Hi,
I had posted this earlier but I thought this needed to be reposted especially after reading this thread. I found this in the breaking news section of http://www.immigration-law.com/.

Updated 07/15/2002: INS HQ Clarifies Address Change Requirements

The AILA liaison minute with the INS HQ (ISD) reflects that the alien's report of change of address as part of any pending application or petition proceeding does not satisfy the requirement of filing of AR-11. Accordingly, people need to notify the INS of the change of address in each pending application/petition proceedings and also mail out the completed AR-11 form for each individual. For instance, if the EB-485 filer moves, he/she should notify the Service Center of the address change and apart from such notification to the Service Center, he/she should also complete and mail AR-11 to the address which is printed on the form. For the INS online fillable AR-11 form and instruction, please click here. Back to Top

well..

The IIO probably means, they are processing Aug15 cases by his own interpretation of RD vs ND.

When I called the IIO to update my address, I also asked if I HAVE TO submit the AR11. She said I did not have to submit it, since the address had been updated by that phone call.

my RD=Sept/17/01

I suspect that the lady wasn't looking at my case when she told me my RD is sept19, ... but her info regarding Sept-15-01 must be right.

Having read so much from this site, I wouldn't get too excited about this news... so many August even July cases are still pending...

IIO mistaken?

I don't know whys she said my RD is Sept/19 because I know my RD is Sept/17 ! is this clear ?

THank you for sharing...

Everyone who calls IIO should post the info on the site... It'd be much more useful than spill out emotions.
:cool:

syj...are you sure IIO changed the address in YOUR case?

Since the IIO said your RD was Sep19 (& you say it is Sep17).

I mean, did the IIO verify your name or your old address after you told her your EAC #? Isn't it possible that you may have made a mistake while reading out your EAC, or she made a mistake while entering it...and ended up changing the address on someone else's case?! :confused:

I don't think IIO's are "THAT" dumb, but since you haven't mentioned it and you say the RD did not match, it does make me wonder!

The thought itself is scary...that my address might get changed accidentally!

Last edited by a moderator:
It IS scary!

It could be anybody's case -- especially those with the same or similar EAC-XX-XXX

Re: syj...are you sure IIO changed the address in YOUR case?

When I changed my address at the first time, the IIO just asked my case number without confirming my name, then changed my record. This way really freaked me out. That's why I called again to verify the address.

I have never seen anyone more unwilling to work than those IIOs.

Originally posted by ramukv
Since the IIO said your RD was Sep19 (& you say it is Sep17).

I mean, did the IIO verify your name or your old address after you told her your EAC #? Isn't it possible that you may have made a mistake while reading out your EAC, or she made a mistake while entering it...and ended up changing the address on someone else's case?! :confused:

I don't think IIO's are "THAT" dumb, but since you haven't mentioned it and you say the RD did not match, it does make me wonder!

The thought itself is scary...that my address might get changed accidentally!

I am about to send my address card AR-11 to INS. Do we need to CALL them in addition to sending through mail????????????? What is the number to call?

Can any body answer this?

Send it, then after a few days call 802-527-4913 to double check.

Originally posted by ar888
I am about to send my address card AR-11 to INS. Do we need to CALL them in addition to sending through mail????????????? What is the number to call?

Can any body answer this?

ooups, you reminded me, -she asked my last name after i gave her EAC#, sorry !!

Thanks guys for your carefulness...sorry i forgot to mention, she did ask my last name after I gave her my EAC number. The next time i will make sure i will post everything i heard.... But she never asked anything about my wife...

I better called again to confirm...