called 07/25 ..security check & additional reviews

Congras! youthopia.

I called NSC today. Got the same response as youthpia did. "Under extended review, not assigned to an officer yet. call back after one month". I asked what is the diff btw extended review and review, told the same thing. IO also mentioned there is no info whether I will get a visa number or not.

Just FYI

Hi guys,

I have been getting similar answers. I had an infopass a few months ago where I was told that my namecheck had not cleared. Last week, I called the NSC once and the lady refused to give an update on the phone. I called right back and the next lady was extremely polite. She told me that my case was in the "staging area" and most of these cases already had visa numbers assigned (though she could not confirm my particular case). I called today and got the "extended review", "be patient" answer.

I am hopeful that the approvals will start to come.

Keep the messages and info coming. Guys like you are the ones that give me hope :)

My details:
PD: 7/14/2003
RD: 11/11/2003
EB-3, INDIA

Called NSC IO.

I just called NSC and a nice lady gave me the same response as JYX mentioning. My case is under Extended Review, waiting at an area with other cases (didn't mention staging area) and not assigned to an officer. She couldn't give me any time frame when they will touch these cases. But told me to call back after 30 days.

When I asked her how to make some one work on my case, she replied "Be patient" and ON and OFF they will review these pending cases.

Hello all,

Thanks ...

I got similar answers yesterday (like "be patient" and "no officer has been assigned") and got the approval in the evening. Do not lose hope. I am sure they will continue to approve at least through the 17th.

For what it's worth, and it is completely unofficial, my lawyer said that they expect cases with old RD's (2003 and some of 2004) to be cleaned out. A couple of people I work with (PD ~ 11/03, RD ~ 4/04) got approvals on Wednesday.

Hope all of you get the good news soon.

Thanks.

youthopia,

Thanks for your support. But I am getting this Extended Review answer from June last weekend. Nothing happened till now and no one is working on the case now.

There are very few people in this forum with Extended Review from soem time back.

When did you hear your case under Extended Review first time? Is it only yesterday? or quite some time?

vvvunlucky,

i felt that things were out of my control, so i did not bother calling. i had taken an infopass at the end of june and they told me that the case was "pending" and that namecheck was also "pending". In hindsight, i do not see any way that my namecheck could have been pending at that time.

the first time i called the nsc was on monday and i got the "dont call, we are busy" before i got lucky and got a polite io. she told me that it was in "staging". called again on thursday and was told it was in "extended review". got the approval thursdy evening.

the one thing i know almost for sure (both based on io information and my lawyer) is that they work in the order of RD as long as your PD is current. Right now, everyone's PD is current and so it is all based on RD. The latest RD i have seen approvals for is the first half of 2004. What are your PD and RD?

Thanks for the info.

I am one of the old timer. Very straight forward case. Not sure why no one is working on it. Today's Extended Review answer is 4th time from the last 3 weeks. Every IO is confirming that no one is working on it and it is in an area with other applicaitons and not known about time frame.
Extra information I got today is: They work On and OFF on these pending files. She told me to call after 30 days.

Sorry if this is too long.

PD: DEC 2001 EB3 INDIA RIR
I-140/I-145 RD: July 2003
I-140 approved: Dec 2003
FP1: July 2004
RFE (Employment): March 2005
FP2: March 2006
FP3: July 3rd 2007 (Original FP received for June12th and rescheduled to July 3rd as I was out of country on vacation)

Called NSC several times from June 2007 last week and opened SR.
From NSC IO came to know that under EXTENDED REVIEW and NAME CHECK completed.
SR response says ADDITIONAL SECURITY CHECKS
First Infopass: 3rd July --> IO told all security checks complete inlcuding NAME CHECK.
Second Infopass (spouse): July 24th --> Under Extended Review
Just sent last night for 3rd EAD and AP. Never used and on 8th year H1.
Same employer since 2001. No AC21. Own labor.

duncanidaho is the real vvvvvvvunlucky , hopefully the tide will turn in your favor soon.

Opening the flood gates is the main cause of this insanity.

I think in sept the pd will move back to 2001 at this rate if they keep clearing 04 , 03 caases and keep the 01,00 cases pending forever.

its another 5 years of waiting for all of us if we dont get it before sep 30.

Many of us will probably get it posthumously

m*f*s m*dr*ch*ds

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I agree.

Duncanidaho,

Sorry to hear about your case. I agree with you. I never called NSC before June 2007 from 2003. I used to be fine till I am able to see some PD: 2001 cases. But recently from June onwards this count came down to double digit. I see hardly around 10 cases in this forum like us. This is what tempting me to call at least once a week.

I also had some minor issues with INS from 1999. When I landed first time, I got my I-94 for only one year even I had my visa stamped for 3 years. I didn't know I-94 was so important that time. Now I tell every one to check that first. When my son (5 years) entered US first time with my parents he got I-94 for 6 months with B2 instead of H4. (How blind these people are?).

After staying 3 years in US, we didn't get my son's (8 year old) H4 stamped at Chennai in 2004 along with my H1. I had to leave him for 3 months back in India till he gets his visa stamping. This was so ridiculous. How can they stop 8 year old (already in US for 3 years on H4) for 3rd H4 extension when H1 of the parent extended without any problem?

Till now I thought I didn't have any issues for my I-485 as mine is very straight forward. But still in the last minute, they are playing with me.

Guys you are not alone

I have been silent viewer so far. Called NSC couple of time in last few weeks after seeing people aroud me with PD/RD dates after mine getting approval. All along they told me its in staging area, just today learnt about extended security check. Have no idea what this is all about. Used AC21 once.

Reading after all the posts here, it could be really long wait. Choices are either bail out and go back or spend another few best years of life waiting for this lottery.

Dont know whats right ... so confused ....

vvvlucky, your case seems to be pretty routine. i cannot even begin to imagine what you must be going through. it is totally ridiculous. feels more like a lottery. when i got my approval, i knew quite a few people with PD and RD >> than mine who got approvals before me. however, i do not know many with PD's in 2001 and RD's in 2003 that are still waiting. i do not believe the io's when they say extended review. that is just their was of saying "dont call back".

dont lose hope. maybe you should do what duncanidaho did and get an infopass. that way, you can speak to someone face to face. looks like you have done that too.

as hard as it is, and i was in your boat two days ago, dont lose hope.

hopefully, you can drop the vvv soon!

i still think you will get it by the 17th.

I had received a letter from USCIS in response to my SR citing "additional review" and contact after 180 days....
Now I have received an email from USCIS asking me for my I-140 Petition number which was approved more then 2 yrs back. Anybody has read of anything similar? Gurus what do you make of it?

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
duncan 2 cents looks one of the possible reasons, due to flood gates open, all visas are being used to service ready cases even if its 07 or 06 ones , and now they dont have time to upload fp or ibis check results for the older ones.

its an endless loop of checks no visa available checks for the old cases as long as all pds are current.

this problem will never get resolved until they start moving incrementally and service cases on fifo basis.

m*dr*chd b*hn*chd m*f***rs m**ch*d*s p*gs d*gs

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

question for duncanidaho

will appreciate it if u can find time to answer this

based on ur scenario

my fP was done in january 07

and I-140 approved on june 26th 07, so does this mean that the checks or clearnaces were already expired when I-140 got approved and they re started it or will restart it after I-140 was approved and the case became ready ??

thnx

They did 10 fp and took pics on 1/25/07. IF it is code 2 or 3 i have no clue...

last week i called and was old that name check is not clear

so thts all i know....

thnx for ur response duncan