CALL to complain: 1-800-375-5283

jaxen

Volunteer Moderator
Call 1-800-375-5283 and give your receipt number and complain about TSC's very slow processing times. I know that there are many other steps (like calling senators, congress persons etc.) which we also need to do. But let us make this "call BCIS program " the focus and voice our opinion.

Call during the first week of June. Let our voice be heard!
Let us make a concerted effort for once.

Credits go to tru and surya13(did I get it right?)

Spread the word, dont make this thread crowded to disable easy readability by all users. Let us congratulate ourselves after TSC responds and Let us show support by calling the 1800 number and asking at least one more fellow I485 adjustee to do the same...
Dont post reply, call at least one more friend and plead to call...

just call 1-800-375-5283

Waiting is short (about 2min), the lady I spoken with is very nice and patient. She first asked "what I can do for you?" I replied by saing I have been waiting for I-485 since Oct. 2001, and reported TSC is about 1 full year behind other centers and I-485 date is locked in 11/2000 for more than 6 months, TSC random process nature and its consequence such as unneccessary EAD/AP renewal...

However, the lady said they are just general information center and ask me "do you want to file complain about TSC?" I answered "yes", then she suggested write to BCIS commissioner in DC ...

Well, it does not hurt to try, may be more of our complains will generete some impacts... NO SRC # was asked in the whole process...

called

I called too spoke to the IIO to tell about TSC delays. It was a painless wait. This person was somehow more sympathetic and told me that he will mention this to his supervisor (don’t know if this will lead to something but hey… we are living on hope these days) . No SRC number was asked in my case either.

called NCSC

just spoke to an NCSC IIO regarding I-485. She is very nice (much much better than TSC IIO's).

1. She asked for the SRC number.

2. Checked the system and said your FP was done in December 2002.

3. Will take 31 months starting from the I-485 Notice date (ND : 8/2001, so it will take another six months).

4. When asked about the random processing of cases, she said she is aware of that.

5. I have reported all problems (EAD -> FP ) we are facing because of this delay and requested her to report the issues during their next meeting.

Me experience with NCSC
--------------------------------
The NCSC IILO is really nice.. (Duration of conversation: 9-10 minutes) . Atleast she could gave me an approximate time I should wait i.e 31 months from I-485 ND.

Last edited by a moderator:
I called the 800 number and the lady just repeated the same stuff on the BCIS website and said could not provide any further information.

tombaan

I think I tried 1,1,1 I said to the officer that I am calling to mention about the delays so that something can be done. I did not ask about my case details at all (which I know that they just read it as if from the case status online service)

One goodthing about NCSC IILO is that they have patience to listen.
I hope they will report to higher authority if they hear from everybody about I-485 delays.

Telephone bills

From today onwards we don't have to pay for calling TSC IILO "FOR NOTHING". :).

Last edited by a moderator:
same replies

I too just called. The waiting time was around 4-5 minutes.
I started by telling it has been more than 1 yr with TSC and I still have not rec'd FP notice.
This lady, Kristen asked if I was a asylum case. I told her mine was Employment, to which she replied it takes 31 months. She asked when was my notice date.
Then I told her abt the randomness with FP and how TSC is behind other centres.
Her reply was it takes 31 months months.
I guess is Nov 00 , 31 months ago ?

I agree with others, the National IIos are lot more nice & polite,
ready to listen to you.

Called 800 number

I just called the 800 number and the lady says since my case is still in the time frame of 900 to 995 days we need to wait and they do not have any access to check on the case,she says only if our waiting time is over the limit then they could enquire about the status from the respective service centres.Sorry guys this number is useless and will not help.

ND 05/17/2001
RD 08/15/2001
FP 03/20/2003

Same here... she said since my case is still with in the time frame of 900-999 days she can not do anything. I told her about the randomness of TSC and she said i need to write to BCIS commissioner ...
:confused:

Polite but useless

I just called this natinal phone number. The reps I talked to is very polite compare with the reps in TSC. It seems to me that he does not quite understand the immigration process. Basically, he told me the same old story of process time and to wait for my turn.

In my opinion, this is even worse than calling the TSC. At least sometimes, the TSC reps will tell you something (no matter it is consistant or not, or true or not). It is just a waste of time to call this phone number.

Wait4long

Called NCSC number. Was told the same thing as goastros and surya13.. that my case would be looked at 31 months from the date of application and therefore I could expect to hear something from BCIS in the next 6 months.

Two reasons why I like the NCSC better than the TSC IIOs
1> They give you the same bull more politely..
2> The call is free! :p

Useless for now but some ears to listen to

The lady told me that they have no control of doing anything. What they could do is to forward information to the appropriate service center when it is required

1. When there is an address change
2. if the case is beyond what they are processing date.

I repeatedly compalin about the slow processing. She asked me to write a letter to TSC director.

The BCIS-TSC Director
p.o. box 851488
Mesquite, TX 75185-1488

Every drive from us does not give the immediate results. but the contant banging will be heard one day. Even it is heard, oneday someone will repsond with positive results. Let us all wait for that and keep complaining about the S...L....O....W processing

31 Months processing time

Told by the lady answering the phone. TSC approval takes 31 months from Notice date. She won't discuss any other issues like why TSC is so far behind other centers etc...

More BS on a larger scale....