call and find out when my oath is?

Sid1234

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Sorry to disturb you again with more questions

1. If I am out of the country at the time when I'm expecting my oath letter, can I keep calling the office and asking if my oath has been scheduled?

2. If my oath has been scheduled while I'm away and I have no friend who can check my mailbox :( then can I reschedule over the phone?

3. Worst case scenario I miss my oath, is there no way back to the application track?

Thanks again

1. 800 number will do you no good. I am not sure if they can tell you when your oath will be scheduled

2. I have read posts from people asking if they can reschedule over the phone and the advice is that you always have to reschedule by mailing the oath letter back and follow the instructions on the oath letter in order to reschedule.

3. No idea. Worst come worst, you will have to re-apply.

I suggest you get your mail forwarded to a care-of address and that person can check for oath letter.

1.An IO via 1-800 number can tell you is you have been scheduled for interview.

2. You can't request reschedule over phone. You'll have to send in your oath letter itself to request a reschedule. You might want to try Infopass and have them put a note in your case requesting for oath to be schedule until after you return.

3. If you miss your oath, you'll have something like 30 days to request it to be reschedule by sending them a letter.

You can find out the oath date by calling. I called and found out my oath date. The trick is talk to a friendly IO who has access to your file. The first line service people has no clue.

I'm not sure of you can call a 1800 number from overseas - I haven't been able to do it.

As to your questions - I am in agreement with Bobsmyth's answers.

U can call any 800 number from overseas, I have done it many times. When u dial u will get a recording saying this call is not free when dialed from outside the US, u have 5 seconds to disconnect or u will b charged. If u stay on the line the call will go through but u will b charged as if u were making a regular overseas call. Make whoever answers aware that u r overseas and paying for the call, woul appreciate if they dont take too long. Never had a problem,people usually understand. Good luck.

I called today and found out my oath info... The 2nd level officer is the one who will be able to help you with you case specifically.

Just be really nice...