California DOL (Regional) Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Labor certified

Hi guys,
Just now I checked the DOL AVM and it seems my case got certified on June 27th.
Sesa Priority date : July 10, 01
Got NOF from sesa : April 02
Replied to NOF on : May 02
Case forwarded to DOL : May 15, 02
DOL recieved date : May 2th, 02
Got NOF on April 29, 03
Replied to NOF on June 25th with 31 resumes
Certified on June 27th(Got the message on AVM)
Yet to get response from Attorney.
Wish you all good luck.

Congratulations to RajanCA

RajanCA,

Congratulations for getting LC in this hard time. It gives hope for us. Most interesting part is that "Replied to NOF on June 25th with 31 resumes". I guess your HR person was very cooperative.

I would like to know your DOT code, company size, location and EB category?

Thanks
DesiPardesii

congratulations

Congratulations to rajanCA! One question, did your lawyer actually sent the resumes along to DOL? Or, did he simply replied with the result that no qualified worker was found?

To DesiPardesii,niceto5785

My company is located in EastBay with 20 employees, My dot code is 999.151-032. I don't know about my EB Category because initially we applied with EB2 and when we got a NOF from SESA my attorney told me that he wants to change it to EB3. So I don't know whether he really did this or not. My HR and company supports me, so it is all my decision (depends on friends and this forum).
I don't know whether he sent all the resumes or not.

Re: Re: Re: Re: All 12 remanded to state

Happybee, Ana and to all other senior and junior yet knowledgible members :

We all ( 12 who got remanded ) are considering option to process it in non-rir. Would like some advice. Will our PD change? Will it be June 2003 or the original one (which is Sep 2001)? If they consider the original date then we aer be in a safe boat. As currently non-rir date for EDD is NOV 2002. I am afraid if it goes to the bottom of the stack it will be worst.

I just received a reply from the lawyer. I asked about the next step. Lawyer says nothing can be done before DOL sends in writing that it has been remanded. I also asked about the possibility for appealing. No answer yet.

Guys if you have any info on appealing post it here. That will be of great help to everyone.

I also asked about filing from some another state. The answer was, no you live and work in this blessed region and hence you can not go to some other state.

Four of these 12 cases have been remanded back to state for the second time. So for those 4 cases I am exploring any possibility of making any special case.

Please let me know if you have any info which will help me and my dumb lawyer.

Appreciate your feedback!

Originally posted by gcwaitinfi

My lawyer told me the exact same thing. That my company's
recruiting process was very thorough and ads were placed
in multiple medias. But what can you do if DOL is
not even looking at recrutiing stuff and remands based on
whatever their criteria is.
Their criteria is a big blackhole which nobody is aware of fully.

Let us know if you get more info on your case. I will also
let the forum know if I would find any more details on my
case (Why it got remanded to state etc.???).

Thanks [/B]

kab_aayega_gc

Hi Kab_aayega_gc,
I feel really sorry for you. and This "remand to state " fever is literally scaring me like hell! All we can do is pray for better economy and a shortage of high-tech employees, particularly in bay area.
And I think this situation will come up in other regions too. They will also follow the route that california DOL is taking.
Looking at previous few emails, looks like they are not even sending 3 option letter anymore ? Is that true?
Did you get 3-option letter before getting remand to state or no?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: All 12 remanded to state

I do not know how you got the non-rir date for EDD as
Nov, 2002. When I called the SESA office (916-464-3400),
they said they are processing April 25th, 2001 cases.
I got some additional information. They got about 50,000+
application in April, 2001 out of which half were submitted on
April 30, 2001. So it is going to take a long time for them to
process those before they reach PD of Sept., 2001.
Does not look good as far as LC is concerned.

Originally posted by kab_ayega_gc
Happybee, Ana and to all other senior and junior yet knowledgible members :

We all ( 12 who got remanded ) are considering option to process it in non-rir. Would like some advice. Will our PD change? Will it be June 2003 or the original one (which is Sep 2001)? If they consider the original date then we aer be in a safe boat. As currently non-rir date for EDD is NOV 2002. I am afraid if it goes to the bottom of the stack it will be worst.

I just received a reply from the lawyer. I asked about the next step. Lawyer says nothing can be done before DOL sends in writing that it has been remanded. I also asked about the possibility for appealing. No answer yet.

Guys if you have any info on appealing post it here. That will be of great help to everyone.

I also asked about filing from some another state. The answer was, no you live and work in this blessed region and hence you can not go to some other state.

Four of these 12 cases have been remanded back to state for the second time. So for those 4 cases I am exploring any possibility of making any special case.

Please let me know if you have any info which will help me and my dumb lawyer.

Appreciate your feedback!

Hi Guys,

any idea about how many days it takes to get Approval notice in hand after approval message been recorded in AVM.

according to AVM, my application is certified on 06/20/03, but i did not get any information from attorney.

Thanks
VCB.

my labor got approved..

After a very long pain for 2 years, at last my labor got approved..

Pd june 13 2001
SESA RFE's 2 - one in Jan 2002 and another in Mar 2002
SESA to DOl on May 1 2002
DOL RFE in Apr 2002 with 3 options.
Just heard from AVM that certified on June 26th, yet to get the news from lawyer.

Now, I have a very peculiar situation, :confused: Thinking that my labor may not get approved from CA, I applied from IL from my same employer in Feb this year.. It seems this one is also going to get certified in 15-30 days.. So, I will have to discard one labor. Any takers ?? . :rolleyes:

I feel very bad for those whose case got remanded to state after 2 years of waiting..

You can't appeal Dol's 'remanded to state' .You'll get the letter and the last sentence will say - the decision cannot be appealed under the regulation at 20 CFR 656.

Labor Approved :)

Guys,
Do not loose hope. Just received a message from my lawyer that my Labor was approved. I have been a silent observer of this forum for some time and this forum has helped immensely.
Details of my case are
Private Company around 200 Employees
EB2 RIR
DOL PD 26 April 2002.
Received a NOF in April. Lawyers replied in June. They received only 3 resumes with the Masters degree requirement to fulfill.

I have a JAVA/Oracle back ground.
Moreover my dot code for some reason was moved to xxx.xxx.121 (Computer Programmer) not a Software Engineer.

So Don't loose hope guys.
Regards,
Parikshat

Re: kab_aayega_gc

Oh! So it can not be appealed! That sucks!

We did not get any NOFs. They have remanded back all so openheartedly! My lawyer says nowadays they are not even sending NOF's anymore. And those who have replied to NOF's have been approved. So those who got them just got lucky I would say.

All the best to those who are still waiting for the results.
Originally posted by sel
You can't appeal Dol's 'remanded to state' .You'll get the letter and the last sentence will say - the decision cannot be appealed under the regulation at 20 CFR 656.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey, congrats!

You must be very happy! Here's a bumper to your approval! Good luck with everything in the future.

thanks for the encouraging words, but it looks like that for comp. occupations whose DOL received date is or after July 2001 there is no hope to get approval.

I am totally resigned and don't know what to do. I have been kept in limbo for the last two years, putting off plans and waiting for the LC and the greencard. I feel that the system is totally unjust and unfair and that those who are waiting for the LC approval have already proven their worth to the US economy just by still having a job... I can see that DOL has a valid point in asking for more evidence and even an additional recruitment in this economy, but I also feel that remanding the applications straight back to the State is unfounded. We can't even appeal the decision but will have to wait another 3-4 excrutiating years to have SESA take a look at the application.

Sorry for my bitter words, I am just trying to relieve my disappointment with venting here.

Good luck to all of you,
Ana

Congrats Parikshat

Hi Parikshat,
Hearty Congrats and all the best for 140/485.
Hopefully you won't see RFE/NOFs there...and maybe we see more good news in LC like yours in future.

Best regards,
Desi145

Re: Re: Re: All 12 remanded to state

Kab_ayega_gc

It's lawyer's job he will do it. After talking to my lawyer I feel it's waste to appeal. My lawyer says that In year 2001 ( my PD is August 2001) Most of Company did layoff. Region 6 saw downturn. though my company did not had any layoff till now?
As per my case nothing can be done. I have to waite and watch(Non-RIR processing timings) and Hope of Economy to bounch back.

Happybee

Originally posted by kab_ayega_gc
Hi Happybee,

Is there such thing as appeal? How do I do that? Does lawyer / HR has to do that? Will it be with DOL or SWA? Because last time when it was rejected lawyer could not do anything but file it again.

Do you have any links on how to appeal? I our sure my dumb laywer does not know about it.

CCWAIT :

What I mean by that is while applying for labor we had submitted lots of ads News papers, Theatres, Website, magazines. My lawyer was sure that this time it would be through.

Different DOT code

Hello guys,
According to my job description I should have got DOT code of 999.151.051(Computer Systems Analysts) but State had assigned DOT code as 999.172.072(Electronics Engineers, Except Computer ). It was passed to DOL (Dec 15, 2002)with the same DOT code. So will this be a problem? As there is nothing related to electronics in my job and I do use computers!!
Also the RD that lawyer rcd is Dec 15 2002 but the email that I get for my case number from DOL is Nov 12 2002. Which date should I follow?

Nikita

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we going to get the LC anyway?

Hi,Friends:
I am currently working in California as software engineer and it looks like that the LC processing here has almost stopped. The fact is that DOL is simply not likely to approve any case and keep on putting us onto the slow track.
So I am afraid that we probably won't get the LC approved in this state within 2-3 years when some of us might run out of the H1B time.

However I heard from many friends that the LC processing in Illinois is relatively fast, which only takes <3 months to complete.

Anyone knows whether it's true that the LC processing in other states are much better than here? Since as I know, County of Santa Clara got 18% job loss with past two years and many of them are computer programmers like us.

Thanks!

Job Title issues: case forwarded to DOL

Hi guys,

SESA forwarded my case to DOL on 3/31/2003 after aproval, the DOT code they assigned to my case is 999.151-032
I am system and network administrator and my LC was filed with Job Title as "Software Engineer"
Does anyone know on what basis the DOT code is assigned ?
Is there any sys/net admin with similar DOT code ?

I am not sure but do you guys think that "SEAS" aproval means that the job title and job description are not a problem in my case ?

is there a possibility of rejection by DOL, on the grounds of non-appropriate job title ?

Your response will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your help

-Alvin

Re: Are we going to get the LC anyway?

you can extend your H1b with yearly increments as long as you are a beneficiary of a LC or i-140 that has been pendig for more than a year.

Originally posted by yxz
Hi,Friends:
I am currently working in California as software engineer and it looks like that the LC processing here has almost stopped. The fact is that DOL is simply not likely to approve any case and keep on putting us onto the slow track.
So I am afraid that we probably won't get the LC approved in this state within 2-3 years when some of us might run out of the H1B time.

However I heard from many friends that the LC processing in Illinois is relatively fast, which only takes <3 months to complete.

Anyone knows whether it's true that the LC processing in other states are much better than here? Since as I know, County of Santa Clara got 18% job loss with past two years and many of them are computer programmers like us.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.