California DOL (Regional) Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
toy3kin192

Hi Toy,
How do you get that snap shot?
How come when I look at the snap shot, I don't see any cases received in 2003?
I would appreciate it if you show us how you get it.

Thanks

Runaway

toy....

Great work toy.. That list is great.. I can see 3 labor apps from my company in there in the received status. How did you get this list? If that is a secret, let us know when will you be able to get it again with more recent dates. The trend doesn't seem to be good in the systems and app software engineers category which are all being remanded to state more or less. My PD is much later in may 2002 so hopefully the madmen in DOL would have cooled down by then and market might have improved. Earlier i had heard that they were issuing NOFs to everybody, but i guess the recent trend is of remanding to state which is very disturbing. I hope it ends soon..

One question.. i have heard from EDD that my case has been forwarded to DOL in Mar, 2003. But i haven't heard from DOL that they have received it and/or the new case number etc.. Do i hear about it when they start working on it according to the RD or should i have heard already and try to contact someone about it??

thanks

PDmay2002

Send email to DOL one of the following inf:
LCSTATUS09@doleta.gov

Employer Phone EmployerPhoneNumber for example:
Employer Phone (202) 555-1212

- AND / OR -

Tax ID EmployerTaxID for example:
Tax ID 12-3456789

OR CALL THEM on 415 975 4617 .. You will need employer phone number since you do not have DOL case no...

Remanded to State

Remanded to State.

DOT code : 999.151-051
PD : Spet 10, 2002

All the cases from my company have been Remanded to State.
All have the same DOT Code

Re: Remand to state

remanded to state means that the case is thrown back to SESA/SWA/EDD for processing as a non-RIR case. they will tell your company what recruitment to conduct and they will supervise the whole process in general. You will get to keep your priority date which is somewhat better than starting the whole process all over again. The bad news is that SESA is still working on non-rir cases received before the infamous deadline of 245i. So realistically it'll take a couple years for them to reach the PDs that are being remanded now... SO it's a long waiting game, again... But things might change and as long as you have a pending LC application, you can renew your H1b with yearly increments.
Hope this helps,
Ana

Originally posted by goodphysq
Can somebody please take a moment to explain whats remand to state means.

Thanks.

nkelkar

When did you received this news?
Ana

Originally posted by Nkelkar
Remanded to State.

How to get the snapshot

The method is very easy, but takes some time:

1) Create an email with 1000 Cases, from 09521000 to 09521999 like this:
Case 09521000
Case 09521001
Case 09521002
Case 09521003
Case 09521999

2) Send it to DOL: LCSTATUS09@doleta.gov

3) Repeat step 1&2 to cover as many cases as you want

4) You receive as many emails as you sent

5) Store all these emails into a text file.

5) Write a C program or Perl script to inline all the information:
Convert:
Employer : XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Address : XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Case # : XXXX
Received Regional Office: 01/16/2002
Current Status : Certified -- FINAL ACTION On 05/06/2003.

Into:
XXXXXXXX ~ XXXXXXX ~ XXXX ~ ... ~ 01/16/2002 ~ Certified -- FINAL ACTION On 05/06/2003. ~

6) You can then open the new file with excel, sort by code and PD, remove Case# and salary for confidentiality purpose.

7) Store the result on Yahoo Briefcase

That's it.

It takes some time to do that, that's why I don't do it often, and on a limited number of Cases.

t3k

one more note

querying the system more often migh cause DOL to shut off their email system altogether- which would be unfortunate!

Ana

Thanks to T3K

I agree with Ana.

Thanks to T3K for sharing his knowledge. Others, Please don't unnecessarily send queries to server, it may be closed by DOL (by looking the way DOL works).

Most of us know that T3K does query for us and uploads file every 2-3 weeks. That should be sufficient.

Just my thoughts.
-DesiPardesii

Re: Re: Remand to state

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it.

Originally posted by AnaLC
remanded to state means that the case is thrown back to SESA/SWA/EDD for processing as a non-RIR case. they will tell your company what recruitment to conduct and they will supervise the whole process in general. You will get to keep your priority date which is somewhat better than starting the whole process all over again. The bad news is that SESA is still working on non-rir cases received before the infamous deadline of 245i. So realistically it'll take a couple years for them to reach the PDs that are being remanded now... SO it's a long waiting game, again... But things might change and as long as you have a pending LC application, you can renew your H1b with yearly increments.
Hope this helps,
Ana

All 12 remanded to state

Just checked the AVM for 12 cases filed by my company. All of them are remanded to state. No layoffs. Had submitted lots of advertisement as first time it was rejected.

One thing is for sure its not dependent on individual DOT codes. Here are different DOT codes involved :

999.151-081, 999.172-061, 999.151-032

This has happened to me for second time.

All the best to you all.

Case # : 09531XXX
DOT Code : 999.151-081
Received Regional Office: 09/05/2002

Kab_ayega_GC,

What do you mean by this sentence ?

'Had submitted lots of advertisement as first time it was rejected.'

Weather all these cases were rejected earlier ?

Thanks

Re: All 12 remanded to state

I am sorry to hear this news..... :(
Looks like most of the cases are getting remanded to state. are you going to appeal?

Happybee

Originally posted by kab_ayega_gc
Just checked the AVM for 12 cases filed by my company. All of them are remanded to state. No layoffs. Had submitted lots of advertisement as first time it was rejected.

One thing is for sure its not dependent on individual DOT codes. Here are different DOT codes involved :

999.151-081, 999.172-061, 999.151-032

This has happened to me for second time.

All the best to you all.

Case # : 09531XXX
DOT Code : 999.151-081
Received Regional Office: 09/05/2002

Re: Re: All 12 remanded to state

All our company cases including mine (DOT code 999.172-061)
and others (999.151-032, 151-081) got remanded to state.
Does anyone know about the appeal process etc. or any
account of successful appeal.
Thanks for any info.

Originally posted by Happybee
Looks like most of the cases are getting remanded to state. are you going to appeal?

Happybee

Re: Re: All 12 remanded to state

Hi Happybee,

Is there such thing as appeal? How do I do that? Does lawyer / HR has to do that? Will it be with DOL or SWA? Because last time when it was rejected lawyer could not do anything but file it again.

Do you have any links on how to appeal? I our sure my dumb laywer does not know about it.

CCWAIT :

What I mean by that is while applying for labor we had submitted lots of ads News papers, Theatres, Website, magazines. My lawyer was sure that this time it would be through.

Originally posted by Happybee

Happybee

Re: Re: Re: All 12 remanded to state

Happybee,

My lawyer told me the exact same thing. That my company's
recruiting process was very thorough and ads were placed
in multiple medias. But what can you do if DOL is
not even looking at recrutiing stuff and remands based on
whatever their criteria is.
Their criteria is a big blackhole which nobody is aware of fully.

Let us know if you get more info on your case. I will also
let the forum know if I would find any more details on my
case (Why it got remanded to state etc.???).

Thanks

Originally posted by kab_ayega_gc
Hi Happybee,

Is there such thing as appeal? How do I do that? Does lawyer / HR has to do that? Will it be with DOL or SWA? Because last time when it was rejected lawyer could not do anything but file it again.

Do you have any links on how to appeal? I our sure my dumb laywer does not know about it.

CCWAIT :

What I mean by that is while applying for labor we had submitted lots of ads News papers, Theatres, Website, magazines. My lawyer was sure that this time it would be through.

Amazed

I just joined this forum. I must say you guys are really amazing how you grouped together to find out what exactly is going on.
You guys all did a good job in researching the current practices followed by the DOL. You all deserve to get certified. Afterall, we are way too smart and that's why the employers wants us permenantly working for them!
In anycase, I am not an engineer as most of you are. I am a CPA with a masters degree in accounting.
My DOT is 999-132-011
with RD of June 30, 2003

Wish me luck all and I will do the same for you all of you

Runaway

Hello Ana,
I found out by calling the AVM this morning.
I havent called the lawyers yet, since the HR person is on vacation, I will do that tomorrow and keep the Forum updated.

When did you received this news?
Ana

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Nkelkar
Remanded to State.

Status
Not open for further replies.