California DOL (Regional) Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only EB2 RIR with Master Degree Required Getting Approved.

This is what my Lawyer told me, if you have Master Degree(on Job Description) & in EB2 RIR your chances of approval without NOF are very high.

Is that true? Can people who have recieved NOF share there information if it different

thanx

nkuser

Re: Only EB2 RIR with Master Degree Required Getting Approved.

Not true for my case:
I have Master degree and in EB2, still got remanded to state.

Originally posted by nkuser
This is what my Lawyer told me, if you have Master Degree(on Job Description) & in EB2 RIR your chances of approval without NOF are very high.

Is that true? Can people who have recieved NOF share there information if it different

thanx

nkuser

nkuser..

Your lawyer has provided wrong information.. Labor Certification has nothing to do with EB2, EB3, Masters or Bachelors.. EB2/EB3 comes in picture only when you apply for I-140.. for Labor, it just RIR & Non RIR...

Masters

I know, but it seems like DOL is approving cases without NOF for cases files which require masters degree as they believe it is hard to find people with Masters degree even in current market.

We have a case here which was approved without NOF for a person who's job description filed with DOL said M.S. with 1 yr. of experience.

I worried as my job desc. says Bachelors....

Thanx

nkuser

it dependes how was ur advertisement..if ad is taylor made for you... you r good to go.

good luck

Re: Only EB2 RIR with Master Degree Required Getting Approved.

Hi BBI

Are you sure your job description said the required degree is Master's + one year. I do have Masters, but the job description doesn't say Masters as a requirement.

-Vortex

How do I find the Job description

Hi All,
Could you guys tell me how to find the job description and whether it requires a Master degree or not?. I only have the copy of my ETA-750 form.

According to DOL one of my employer cases was remanded to state on 05/30/2003, but I don't have a clue whether it is mine or not. I don't get any useful information from employer....

Best of luck.

eb2august01
DOT 999.151-031
DOL Received Date: 07/22/2002
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Re: How do I find the Job description

Hi eb2august01

You can contact your lawyer to get your Case Number. Case Number is the only unique identifier for your case. Your Employer may also have it.

once you have the case number, call 415-975-4617 - Option 1 - Option 1 and then enter your Case Number. It will give you the status.

Hope this helps...

Originally posted by eb2august01
Hi All,
Could you guys tell me how to find the job description and whether it requires a Master degree or not?. I only have the copy of my ETA-750 form.

According to DOL one of my employer cases was remanded to state on 05/30/2003, but I don't have a clue whether it is mine or not. I don't get any useful information from employer....

Best of luck.

eb2august01
DOT 999.151-031
DOL Received Date: 07/22/2002
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Re: Re: Only EB2 RIR with Master Degree Required Getting Approved.

Yes, my job description does require a Master's degree.

Originally posted by vortex
Hi BBI

Are you sure your job description said the required degree is Master's + one year. I do have Masters, but the job description doesn't say Masters as a requirement.

-Vortex

Re: bbi

Hi eb2august01

I keep a copy of the AEC draft (used to fill out
the LC application forms). You can find job descriptions there.

Originally posted by eb2august01
Hi bbi,
Can you tell me how to find whether the job desc. requires master degree or not ?.

Thanks
eb2august01

AVM playing "Certified"

Finally today the AVM is playing that my case has been certified!

DOT Code : 999.151-032
DOT Description : Computer Software Engineers, Systems

Received SESA Office: 07/16/2001
Received Regional Office: 04/08/2002
RFE (3-options) recd on 4/10/2003
RFE replied: 5/21/2003
Current Status : Certified -- FINAL ACTION On 06/18/2003.

Job reqd: MS + 2 yrs

hopefully I should get the final letter in the mail...

DOL SFO Letter

Hi All

This forum is very informative and provides the emotional support that our lawyers cannot :). Has anyone else gotten a letter from the San Francisco DOL like the one below:

"Your request for RIR cannot be approved because the Applicaton for Alien Employment Certification contains deficiencies. Your petition has been placed with its contemporaries in the Regional non-RIR queue. More detailed information regarding the deficiencies in the application will be provided when we reach your petition in the non-RIR queue."

If someone has experienced the same, please tell me how you proceeded. I have not received the 3 options letter, neither have I been asked to go back to the SWA level. What could the "deficiencies" be?

Thanks indeed
Winner

Last edited by a moderator:
Certified!!

AVM is playing the sweeeeet tune of approval. Case details are as follows

DOT Code : 999.151-031
Received SESA Office: 07/02/2001
Received Regional Office: 06/11/2002
RFE (3-options) recd on 5/01/2003
RFE replied: 6/10/2003
Current Status : Certified -- FINAL ACTION On 06/18/2003

Seems that Hope is not that Hopeless :)

I've been watching and seeing people being given three options from DOL:

1. Withdraw
2. Remand to state
3. Re-test market

Can somebody tell under what circumstance the case will be given such notice? Salary doesn't meet previaling wage requirement? Not sufficient recruitment effort? What else could it be?

Thanks in advance.

Hi HopelessHope and waitingforgceb2,

Congratulations!!!!!

Can you share for what reason you got the RFE and how you/your lawyer dealt with it? Thanks.

xqg, no specific reason for the RFE, apart from having one of the cursed (IT) DOT code. Went with the retest of market none of the resume received (approx 15) met the job requirement.

Remand Issued to State

DOT Code : 999.151-051
DOT Description : Computer Systems Analysts
Received Regional Office: 08/16/2002
Current Status : Remand Issued to State On 06/16/2003.

Lets see where it takes...from here.

Hopefully.... someday I get my LC approved

Vjy

San Francisco DOL Letter

Checked the AVM at San Francisco DOL
Received Regional Office: 06/03/2002
Current Status : Received in the Regional Office

Received letter from San Francisco DOL on 05/02/2003 that stated "Your request for RIR cannot be approved because the Applicaton for Alien Employment Certification contains deficiencies. Your petition has been placed with its contemporaries in the Regional non-RIR queue. More detailed information regarding the deficiencies in the application will be provided when we reach your petition in the non-RIR queue."

This is such an ambiguous letter. Since neither the AVM nor the above letter I received say anything about "State level re-advertising" or "Remanded to State" or "RIR Denied", I am hoping that at worst I will get the "3 options letter" OR at best get "Certified".

Has anyone else received the above letter from San Francisco DOL? Kindly tell me how you proceeded. What could the "deficiencies" be, why can't they say upfront what they are, so we can address it? Sometimes these letters look like ploys to buy time.

Thanks indeed
Winner

Re: San Francisco DOL Letter

It means that its remanded to state. Clearly written in "Your petition has been placed with its contemporaries in the Regional non-RIR queue."

AVM may take some time to update, which is normal.

logicators

Originally posted by gogetterwinner
Checked the AVM at San Francisco DOL
Received Regional Office: 06/03/2002
Current Status : Received in the Regional Office

Received letter from San Francisco DOL on 05/02/2003 that stated "Your request for RIR cannot be approved because the Applicaton for Alien Employment Certification contains deficiencies. Your petition has been placed with its contemporaries in the Regional non-RIR queue. More detailed information regarding the deficiencies in the application will be provided when we reach your petition in the non-RIR queue."

This is such an ambiguous letter. Since neither the AVM nor the above letter I received say anything about "State level re-advertising" or "Remanded to State" or "RIR Denied", I am hoping that at worst I will get the "3 options letter" OR at best get "Certified".

Has anyone else received the above letter from San Francisco DOL? Kindly tell me how you proceeded. What could the "deficiencies" be, why can't they say upfront what they are, so we can address it? Sometimes these letters look like ploys to buy time.

Thanks indeed
Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.