Cable clearance sent from DOS to Consulate - What next?

nogales Update

Finally after 3 weeks 2 guys have thier case cleared and got thier visa

there are 7 more who are waiting for thier clearance from Dept of State... We have been following up with DOS and usually with in 12 business days of they receiving the case it is being cleared....

most of our cases were filed on Dec 12, 13 so hoping to get our cases cleared by dec 28th so that atleast we can go back to US by Dec 30 and spend new years eve back in US...

221 for h4

This is a good thread regarding 221g. I got one and here are my details.

My wife went for h4 on Jan 4th and got 221g for adminstrative processing. I did not have h1b stamping and used AP on my last trip.

I am planning to wait until Jan 23rd before I call them.

Jan 18th -- Received today my passport with visa, issuance date: 12th Jan. Very happy and seems to be a quick response in my case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any Body From Canada Waiting Clearance

Guys

I Am From Pakistan And I Am Going To Canada Pretty Soon Since I Got Canadian Immigration Recently

I Also Wants To Get My Three Years H1b1 Visa Stampmed From Canada This Will Be My Third Stamp

I Am On 7th Years Ext But Since I-140 Is Will Be Approved So I Will Go There For Three Years H1b1 Stamp

Is There Any Body From Pakistan Who Is Waiting In Canada For Clearance

Tanveer

Does Security or Finger print Clearance are having a pattern..

In all these case for f1- H1 convertion or there are people who have got security clearance / fingerprint clearance even for H1-B revalidation or H1-B second term have anybody got a visa after security clearance especially for a consulate in India

Secondly would these be detected when flying in/out of the country freq.. e.g going to india once a year..

Because we all give out index finger print and name at the POE.

I was wondering if the US consulate and POE access the same security system /Database

What sort of crimes do come under the secuity clearance. do petty crimes like speeding ticket etc etc also come under security??

just a thought ....any advice??

H1b security clearance

Hi,

I am also stuck in the fingerprinting process while getting my H1b stamping in INDIA. they said that I have a common name that is why they need fingerprinting and security clearance for me. they took my fingerprints for all fingers on 4th jan, 2006 and its more than 70 days have passed and still no call from embassy. Don't know why it is taking that long for them to complete the process.

Ravi

Hey Ravi:

If you are around, did you finally get your clearance then?

Is anybody else stuck in Security Clearance here?

Security Clearance Wait

Hi,

I am waiting for my security clearance for the last 12 months, still don't know where this ends up.

U.S Embassy: Islamabad, Pakistan.
Interview Date: 12 May, 2005
FingerPrints Date: 16 May, 2005
Call From Embassy: 29 November, 2005
(Ask for Local Police Certificate)
CurrentStatus : Still Waiting

Whenever i called them or emailed them they come up with the same answer that your security clearance is still pending and we don't know how much time it took. I hope inshaAllah i will get it soon.

ntniv:

Go to this thread on murthy forum to get the contact number for Department of State (it's on the first/second/third page of this thread). You can call them to find out whether your security clearance is pending in Washington, or if it has been COMPLETED in Washington and is now pending because the consulate is doing its own checking. From your mention of police report, it appears that the consulate is doing its own investigation in Pakistan now and your case has been closed (approved) by Washington already...

Goodluck Man.

Hi jjfutt:

I agree with u that now a days they are doing some sort of local clearance and for that they are gathering info from intelligence agencies within the country. About the DOS inquiry the numbers used to contact them mention on page 18 of this thread. But according to the experiences of the people in this thread calling DOS does not help in expediting the case it just gives us sort of satisfaction that we passed the half way.
What about your case? Did u also waiting for the security clearance?

ftniv: Yes I am wiating for my clearance since Feb 24th, 2006. In my case, the case is still pending wiht Dept of State.

Do you know the dates when Dos recieved and cleared your case?

I apear in Toronto for 3rd H1b stamping one from Pakistan and one from Toronto in 2003. Since 11th May I am waiting for my security clearance. Get an email from consulate that the status is still pending. I dont know how long I have to wait.

sa7797 said:
I apear in Toronto for 3rd H1b stamping one from Pakistan and one from Toronto in 2003. Since 11th May I am waiting for my security clearance. Get an email from consulate that the status is still pending. I dont know how long I have to wait.

SA7797: I had my interview for my 2nd H1B stamp at Islamabad consulate on Feb 24th. Before that I got my H1B stamp from Islamabad in 2003 (after a 7 weeks clearance delay), and before that, I had 2 F1 visas.

I came to Pakistan under the impression that since I have had my clearance done in 2003, it would not be done again, but boy was I wrong.

I have been waiting for some 102+ days now..... hope we all get our clearances soon...

jjfutt: I haven't called DOS to inquire about the status but according to embassy feedback it took 5 months and 15 days, reason being my interview date is May 12, 2005 and first time embassy called me on October 25, 2006 for local police certificate. I guess in the mean time of 5 months and 15 days they must have inquire 3 to 4 clearances from DOS. Guess is on the feedback from the persons experiences in this thread like mdali experience.

Is it possible taht visa applicant can apply in advance for security clearance??

I suggest all for not go to any US consulate for stamping untill you need to travel abroad.
Make sure that you have flight out of visa stamping country to your own country and come back to get visa after your security is done.
I am stuck in Canada and now flying to Pakistan, will come back after I get any news from US Consulate Toronto.
This is my 7th yr extension. First stamp from Islamabad in 2000, 2nd stamp from Toronto in 2003 and now again.......

Can we make a move to push State dept for performing security clearance in advance while the visa applicant is in US and on clearance s/he should travel and get visa?

According to my point of view the primary focus should not be on early starting of security clearance process rather the primary focus should be on efficient/timely processing of security clearance. Many of us who stuck in this process so called security clearance is due to false hits (i.e our name matches with other suspected persons). Actually embassy processing begins with a assumption that actually the applicant with false name hit is a suspected person so they waste the visa applicants time first by inquiring different agencies in Washington DC and the amazing thing is that according to FBI director these agencies are not properly linked or some of the criminal records are not available online which is the major cause for such delays.

Just giving this thread a bump so any other people who might be waiting for their clearances can notice this tracker...

Yesterday i called at DOS to ask for the current status of my visa application. They told me that the case is still under administrative processing and they don't know the exact or maximum time for this process. I asked them when did the embassy last time ask for the clearance, on reply to this question she said last request for the security clearance received on 31 of May 2006 and is still under processing. Well she did not answer that how many times embassy ask for the clearance.

ftniv:

the fact that last request was received on May 31st 2006, means that your previous request was completed and a new (different) request has been submitted. Any movmement is good movment.

Even in my case, third request completed recently and a fourth request has been sent now for which I am waiting. IN my case first request took 3 weeks, 2nd took 1 week, 3rd took about 9 weeks. Let's see how long this fourth one takes.

Goodluck.