Cable clearance sent from DOS to Consulate - What next?

SSSheikh,

Congrad to you on getting your h1 stamp.
My case is from f1-opt to h1. I have travelled on opt last year july 2004 and I was employed at that time in US. After I came back to US, I changed my employer and got h1 approval notice from 2nd employer. Now I am in Pakistan waiting for my h1 stamp. Do I need to get my passport stamped with government agency you mentioned in the fourm after getting h1 stamp?

Thanks,
Asim

Someone please take my fingerprints!!!

hey ali and all
The embassy in NewDelhi didnt call me for the fingerprints yet. Its been more than 4 months now. I wish they use my fingerprints which they have in their database. (I applied for canadian immigration during which I was fingerprinted through FBI).
As for the 26 countries, well pakistan does fall in the list. So by default all the applicants from pakistan should go through the visa condor check as per law. ( i.e. a wait of 6 to 8 to 12 months in cases). But I am not sure if thats happening out there. Please englighten me. Yes you are right about the local company enquiry. Once the DOS completes its part, its upon the embassy to go ahead with the visa issuance or to enquire about the current employer.
Good luck people
:confused: jay

Gorvin,

I got my protector's crap done almost 9 years ago. Their office was in society off shara-e-faisal, near the bridge. Pretty close to National Bank office there.

Ali

Hey confused_jay,

I had also got my fingerprints processed by FBI for canadian immigration, whilst I was still in US. But they did not use them, and I was fingerprinted again at the consulate a year later.

If this has been already 4 months for you then I doubt they will call you for fingerprinting. Maybe its not required in your case. Hopefully you will get your visa soon.

Giving each other hope is the only thing we can do, so guys, wish you all the best.

-Ali

hey mdali and all
Ali did you come across Alex on Murthy's forum? They asked his fingerprints after he waited for 11 months..yikes..

Any update with others on this list??

:confused: jay

hey confused_jay,

yea i saw alex's posts on the Murthy forum. This is pretty bad situation, although the fingerprints are processed within a week usually, its the procedure after, that seems to take a long time.

Nothing new regarding my case...

-Ali

Two months today since my first clearance and still no sign. Embassy says they are waiting for my final clearance, which I guess is the second clearance....wait goes on...

Ali

Well same here, still waiting...

According to the Islamabad Consulate, DOS recently requested more info regarding my case, which the Consulate provided them.

-Ali

it's just a simple case of multiple clearances/SAO's (security advisory opinion) requested by embassies. Reason being the common names...lets just hope and pray that these additional clearances take much less time then the initial ones !

Last edited by a moderator:
This is just insane. Why a second clearance ?? And why can't they initiate both in parallel. I think they just want to deliberately slow down the process and discourage people. The justification for the need to go through extensive clearance aside, the way they do it only indicates such intentions.

Ali

The sad thing is there is no coordination b/w the various agencies involved. If INS had approved a H1 petition without any problems, then why is DOS taking so long??

I also think that these unreasonable delays are a part of plan to discourage people from applying. And those that have applied are being tested to the limit of their patience, so that they give up and withdraw their applications.

-Ali

The reason they are not initiating both in parallel is because everytime first clearance comes back as an "OK" from the DOS, the visa officer again checks the applicant's first and last name with the name list database and IF they find any name match, the visa officer in most of the cases sends another SAO/clearance request to the DOS. The namelist database is being updated on regular basis and unfortunately, the applicants with common first and last names are the worst hit ones !

Last edited by a moderator:
Visa approved

Just to let everyone know, the wait does end. My wife got her visa approved today.

Just got call from lahore American express office that my h1 is stamped and ready for pickup.
I have been a silent reader of this thread and it helped me a lot. I pray that all of you get your h1s soon.

Regards,
Asim

Congratulations MXAsim and all the others who have received their PP with visas. I myself have been waiting since Jan 05. I was interviewed at ISB for first time H1B.

I sincerely pray to Allah that we all get our passports back very soon with visas (Amen). Just hang in there. Patience is the virtue here.

Nouman.

AkAhmed:
She called the consulate and the guy who was handling her case asked her why didn't she come to the consulate. She said well, no one called me. He seemed surprised. She set up an appointment for the following Friday. They didn't ask her anything else, just took her passport and told her to pick it up from American Express in 3 working days. She hasn't picked up her passport yet though.

I hope your clearance comes soon.