Cable clearance sent from DOS to Consulate - What next?

Hi Ali,

My brother called DOS and they told him that he has been cleared but when he called US consulate Islamabad, they told him that his case is in process ? any idea what this means ??

Regards
Salman

I think you are in the same status as me. The reponse from DOS must be in some queue waiting for its turn. I would think the status should change once its picked up or reviewed by some lazy visa clerk sitting there.

What number did you call for Islamabad Embassy?

Ali

still waiting...more then 3.5 months

Hi Guys,

does anyone know who has been waiting for the so called administrative processing for 3.5 or more months. I had my interview on dec. 14th, 2004 @ isb. embassy and waiting since then for my clearence. Is this a normal wait time for the h-1b revalidation? Has anyone been waiting for more then 3.5 months?
appreciate response from everyone.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
just for everyone's information, there is another number which one can call for the u.s embassy, Islamabad visa section i.e 051-20802121

enjoy !

Last edited by a moderator:
I called DOS at (202-663-1225) but everytime there is this automated message. Is there an extension to dial after?

Is there any other # to contact DOS?

Please let know. Thanks.

After you call the above DOS number i.e (202-663-1225), press 1 and then 0 and you will connected to a live visa section officer. The usual wait time is about 3-5 mins. hope that helps !

Lonesome307, I had my interview on Dec 6th. DOS has sent the clearance to the embassy but I'm still waiting for them to get off their back end and act on it.

Ali

Hi!!! Lonesome 307

You are not the only 1. I had my Interview at same consulate on 13th (day before yours) so I am also waiting for 3.5 months + 1 day !!

Any 1 knows if revaliadtion vs first H1-b visa makes any difference in the terms of duration ?

I personally think there is no way to expidite this process and waiting with patience is the only option although no harm in calling FBI /DOS atleast it keeps you busy !

groovin80 said:
thanks .. i'll try it soon ..
have u called DOS? what did they tell you?
yes i did call them up like couple of times and am getting the same response i.e your case is still pending for the security clearence from the different law enforcement agencies

akahmed said:
Lonesome307, I had my interview on Dec 6th. DOS has sent the clearance to the embassy but I'm still waiting for them to get off their back end and act on it.

Ali
Hi Ali,

thanks for the info. So the visa rep. at the DOS confirmed that your case has been cleared and sent to the embassy for further procesing? please confirm. thanks!

SSSheikh said:
Hi!!! Lonesome 307

You are not the only 1. I had my Interview at same consulate on 13th (day before yours) so I am also waiting for 3.5 months + 1 day !!

Any 1 knows if revaliadtion vs first H1-b visa makes any difference in the terms of duration ?

I personally think there is no way to expidite this process and waiting with patience is the only option although no harm in calling FBI /DOS atleast it keeps you busy !
thanks for the info. Seems like i am not only one on this boat. So did you check with DOS about your case and what is the response from them? mind sharing it with us. thanks!

hi lonesome307,
I called them and tried the 1 and then 0 but that didnt work either. Do you think that automated msg (where the guy keeps giving info abt different visas and various agency #s) thats also the queue msg? However, it never says that please stay on the line for the next visa rep or somethign along those lines.
Any ideas/ suggestions?

groovin80 said:
hi lonesome307,
I called them and tried the 1 and then 0 but that didnt work either. Do you think that automated msg (where the guy keeps giving info abt different visas and various agency #s) thats also the queue msg? However, it never says that please stay on the line for the next visa rep or somethign along those lines.
Any ideas/ suggestions?
try calling again during normal business hours. I usually call around 10am (m-f) eastern standard time. I have been always succesfully connected to a visa officer after following the 1 and followed by a 0 option after the guy starts giving info. about diff. visas. please try again, it should work for you. good luck!

lonesome307, I called up DOS last week, first the lady said my case has not been approved yet, but after pushing her a little she said let me check, put me on hold for good few minutes, came back and said the information has been sent back to the embassy. I called up again just to make sure and this time I only got status pending and they have no other information. So thats certainly loads of bulls. They can get to more information if they want.

A couple of days later my district's congressman's office received a fax from DOS saying they have sent permission to Islamabad embassy to proceed with my visa. So that confirmed it.

Ali

akahmed said:
lonesome307, I called up DOS last week, first the lady said my case has not been approved yet, but after pushing her a little she said let me check, put me on hold for good few minutes, came back and said the information has been sent back to the embassy. I called up again just to make sure and this time I only got status pending and they have no other information. So thats certainly loads of bulls. They can get to more information if they want.

A couple of days later my district's congressman's office received a fax from DOS saying they have sent permission to Islamabad embassy to proceed with my visa. So that confirmed it.

Ali
thank you for your detailed reply. I did call DOS last night and after few minutes of hold, she told me that my case is still pending for security clearence. So as you said, they can get much more information for us which they really don't want to. Also seems like they really don't scroll down the cursor to view the lastest details on one's case (lol). On the other hand my company's lawyer is trying to retrieve my case status from DOS. Hope that helps !

Hi Guys !

I guess we all are in the same boat, anybody has any idea if we all can request any prominent senator ? or any other idea cause this time frame can literally demage our careers

i don't know anyone of tht sort, maybe Ali and others can chip in some ideas about requesting any prominent senator