Bush Illigal immigration policy

Thanks for posting. That is an interesting article.

I'm afraid I agree that there may be a problem fundamentally with rewarding people who enter the country illegally by granting them legal status. I do not know enough about it politically but it seems wrong.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Scotgirl
I do not know enough about it politically but it seems wrong.

I remember the "we'll process all immigration petitions in six months" rhetoric from the last election. This will have the same future - lots of promises, and afterwards they'll be really concerned about al-Qaeda cells among indigent Mexican agricultural workers.

I especially like the part how they're going to have to return to their home country while USCIS spends the next five years processing their Green Card petitions, and then denies them because the proferred job is no long available after a half-decade of waiting.

How do I become an illegal immigrant fast? It seems to
be a quicker way to get a green card than getting your
485 processed.

Swing Vote

Mexican / latino community is the swing vote in the southern states. Bush needs to do well in the southern states if he needs to be reelected in 2004. The latino appeacement is to garner that swing vote.

Now the EB category petisioner do not belong to any vote bank that can be helpfull to Mr. Bush. If the asian community where to lobby Mr. Bush and promise thier vote in the next election to Mr. Bush we can see some favourable news here. Looks like the asian community is democratic vote bank not republican.

I think he has mexican relatives/friends or election 2004 is making him to talk (I am critic and not a Person of Interest)

Re: Swing Vote

Originally posted by rrao
Looks like the asian community is democratic vote bank not republican.

No, the asians are probably more Republican than the latinos.

The real reason is that a shift in latino voting patterns would make a difference. If all the south asians switched voting preferences it wouldn't make much of a difference.

Originally posted by yudhister
I think he has mexican relatives/friends

Politicians don't do very much to help their relatives here, compared to other countries. They'd sell their own mother for votes. :)

We should welcome any such policy. Frankly, mexicans are hardworking and willing to take up jobs which nobody is willing to take up.( Will all those intellectual computer guys willing to mow the lawn?.). But most of the employment based people are working on jobs for which there are plenty of americans looking and out fo jobs.
So I think this is a visionary president with some great visionary policies. Just look at Iraq, he Got saddam and Osama is next. He has really proved to the world that US is the best in every respect and all other nations and its subject are lesser mortals.

Bush's brother's wife is a spanish/mexican/puerto-rican/latino. Besides, Bush wants good number of votes in TX and FL from spanish people.

Further, every spanish immigrant-citizen has one or more illegal relatives here. So, it all adds up. Plus those spanish immigrant-citizens will vote if their illegal relatives are legalized.

There is not much to it than that. No greatness of any political liar such as Mr. W - who, four years ago, had promised processing of greencard as well as naturalization applications in the order of 6 months.

Mr. W is not that great. It's sad to think what forced military might makes some people think about him or his cohorts.

Very disappointing, indeed.
:eek: :eek: