Bunch of JERKS is what USCIS is...

Yes better but not haven

I agree that this country is more open to immigrants than any other -- although it is slowly changing. Also think INS (or USCIS ) has LOT of problems. But disagree that Europeans are opening arms to forgieners -- really do not have stats to back it up -- but have anecdotal expreince (e.g. the problem the Turkish people had in Germany long before 9/11 )and reading which tells me that this country is more welcoming to foreginers.
I still believe that this country behaved better to the foreginers/minorities after 9/11 than many in the subcontinent (think the riots around Aodiya mosque issue)

Upstate_NY said:
If some think that US only welcome the highly skilled, it is a wrong notion. Remember the family immigration, refugees, asylum seekers etc.
Family immigration forms the bulk I agree, but unless you are in that category its not relevant to us.

Upstate_NY said:
No highly skilled workers (as some are) are brought in as slaves unless I am mistaken. Each one came on their accord. Once they come, they may realize that the road to immigration could be a bumpy one. The option is there to stay or return. No one is kept against his/her will. So later to bad-mouth the Immigration Dept due to a personal experience and generalize the whole policy is a little over-hype. Maybe a Immigration boot-camp may help us to appreciate a little bit more ;)
Once you come here and invest time and money in education its not easy to just go back(you know the reasons,I hope). Most immigrants bad mouth the immigration dept. because they are inefficient and slow(I have heard nobody praise USCIS for a good job!,including their own directors!). The whole policy seems to be designed to fill employment requirements. Its truly unfortunate to see people from prestigious universities(in their home countries) being forced to work in same jobs as people from local univs. here.

Upstate_NY said:
I truly support the fact that Employment-based Immigration has helped this country but my only remark is that we must appreciate what this country offers to immigrants.
Agreed but you must also admit that there are difficulties!

Upstate_NY said:
No talent was "stolen" and brought here but talented folks came voluntarily for the American Dream i.e. that anyone can make it big here due to the vast opportunity.
Thats right, but they did not know about the immigration nightmare.Now that some people in india know of these difficulties they are deciding to stay back or come here on temporary assignments (thats a fact)

Upstate_NY said:

Peace, but I hope you have woken up!

hipka said:
Agreed but you must also admit that there are difficulties!

Phew! Finally some agreement . . . . Drum Roll, Please :D

hipka said:
Peace, but I hope you have woken up!

Yes, trying to wake up after reading boring responses to my observations ;)

Gotta go! Ciao folks for now. Keep smiling :D

jiyojiyo said:
I demand you would apologize and then leave this board. :D :D . BTW before leaving, whats ciao means? :p :p

Ciao in italian means bye. It also means "Hi". So it is used for both
'hi' and 'bye'. Something like our "Ram Ram" in indian villages. You say it when
you see someone you know, also when they leave you say "ciao".
BTW "Ci" in italian is english "ch".

-JC.

Last edited by a moderator: