• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Britsimon banned!!!!

SirPercy

Registered Users (C)
OK so I have NO idea why I have been banned. So for the time being I am going to masquerade as Sir Percy - prizes to anyone who knows why I chose that name....

I'm going to write to the mods/admins and ask them what the heck happened. I suspect someone has either said that I said something malicious (which would be 100% untrue) or perhaps the administrators simply think I need to get a life outside of this forum (which might be right).

If anyone wants to write to the admins and express their views - feel free!

how is it done how can we write to admin about this iam really upset dude we need u back please

Simon I consider u as a family member , I chat to u more than I do to my wife
Ur presence is vital to me !
We gonna fight for u amandla

i am very sure there someone did who was not happy with the VB you told that is the reason they have falsely mailed the wrong complain but you were right mate this is the mail i got from kcc you were 100% right the cutoff reads exactly u said ...KCC DV
To Me
Dec 11 at 11:04 PM

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and pending further embassy review for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of February. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.

For February, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2014 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

AFRICA 21,750 Expect: Egypt 15,850

Ethiopia 19,000

ASIA 3,700 Nigeria 8,700

EUROPE 16,700 Expect: Uzbekistan 13,900

N. AMERICA 7

OCEANIA 650

S. AMERICA 850

Tammy

Support Contractor - Serco Inc.

CA/VO/KCC

Diversity Visa Unit

Phone: (606) 526-7500

Email: KCCDV@state.gov

I find this all very odd. I don't know of any forum where the mods ban someone without telling them why they have been banned. And the mods seem so inactive... for example all the sticky threads in this section are years old without the new ones being made stickies...and there have been a number of clear rule infringements that have been ignored by the mods...

Shame ! Shame!! Shame !!!

Britsimon always help us through out the year with important & valuable information but today sme disgusting person banned him, we want britsimon back in any cost............... or banned me too.

I think u got banned because people that reported u are jaleouse of u
Especialy when u get the cut off # before every one !
I got an idea about who did report u ! I have him on my ignore list.
1- out all the memebers u been the most helpful person.
2- u always got bullied and accused for things that u never did or insinuated !( I wetnessed that)
3- u always answer with manner( british gentlman tradition).
I'm stonished and shocked this is ruining my day genuine....

fru manaku

I'v sent msg to the moderator if they don't unban u I don't wanna be here anymore!:(

Morning Dude - if they don't unban me then I don't want to be here anymore! LOL

On a serious note though, this forum has a lot of very helpful people and loads of good information, so everyone (including me) should continue to support the forum. I am SURE this is just a silly mistake or manipulation by someone who thinks they are being clever...

I find this all very odd. I don't know of any forum where the mods ban someone without telling them why they have been banned. And the mods seem so inactive... for example all the sticky threads in this section are years old without the new ones being made stickies...and there have been a number of clear rule infringements that have been ignored by the mods...

I wrote to the admins a few weeks ago pointing out that the two forum mods had not been in the forum for months. GreatGuru has (since my email) logged in on the 21st November - the only visit since July. So, users like Bob.K can spam all they like and some horrible people post horrible things that should get them banned but nothing happens. Then out of the blue I am banned. No warning, no explanation and trust me - NO reason that I can possibly think of.

On a serious note though, this forum has a lot of very helpful people and loads of good information, so everyone (including me) should continue to support the forum. I am SURE this is just a silly mistake or manipulation by someone who thinks they are being clever...

Just let us know about the outcome of this issue pls?
Hopefuly will end up good.
Ps ; I'm still extremly desapointed :mad:

Yes, true...the sticky threads seem very old.
The owner of this forum also never responded to a message and an email that I once sent when the forum had gone down (hacked).
I also see posts from very recent (i.e. yesterday) deleted all in a sudden.

I suspect that a forum user who doesn't like you reported your post using that little button with an exclamation mark inside a triangle. That type of report is emailed straight to an admin by default, who very likely doesn't follow the dynamics of the forum and judge you by that single post. Looking from your past dozen posts you were antagonizing Sloner; we know it's because he insists on iffy speculations, but the admin doesn't.

Except for the section that concerns the owner on top, this forum is actually very poorly managed. If they simply leave people alone it would have been better than banning them indiscriminately based on random and erroneous report. This particular DV subforum has the best information about the program anywhere on the internet due to tireless contributors like Britsimon, Sms1mom, and the like. It surely is not a product of prudent management by the moderation team.

I love to help people as well, and given the right environment I can contribute for years like in other forums that I go to. This banning is one more reason for me to walk away.

I suspect that a forum user who doesn't like you reported your post using that little button with an exclamation mark inside a triangle. That type of report is emailed straight to an admin by default, who very likely doesn't follow the dynamics of the forum and judge you by that single post. Looking from your past dozen posts you were antagonizing Sloner; we know it's because he insists on iffy speculations, but the admin doesn't.

Except for the section that concerns the owner on top, this forum is actually very poorly managed. If they simply leave people alone it would have been better than banning them indiscriminately based on random and erroneous report. This particular DV subforum has the best information about the program anywhere on the internet due to tireless contributors like Britsimon, Sms1mom, and the like. It surely is not a product of prudent management by the moderation team.

I love to help people as well, and given the right environment I can contribute for years like in other forums that I go to. This banning is one more reason for me to walk away.

I suspect you are correct about the banning - although I have no idea how my teasing of Sloner would add up to a ban. They gave me no reason for the ban - and I am certain it is not deserving.

I also agree the forum is not being well managed. That is a shame - I hope they will address it.

In my view it would be a shame if anyone walks away from the forum over this. Whilst I appreciate the support , the reality is that this forum has YEARS of great information and it is a valuable resource. The forum also has a number of people that are extremely helpful and knowledgeable - I doubt there is another resource on the internet that even gets close to the accuracy and speed of helpful answers that people are receiving here. I am glad that I have helped and I am sure I will soon be back, as Britsimon, helping again (and teasing Sloner).

My posts as a newbie are being slowed down for moderation - so I don't know if this will post. We will see.

The most likely person that has caused this ridiculous ban, is for me. pitbull I'm not scared to say it
I can get banned aswel I do not care ! Since unfair banning exist on this website .

Last edited by a moderator:

port the forum. I am SURE this is just a silly mistake or manipulation by someone who thinks they are being clever...
looks like someones joke
or may be it is connected with your publishing of cut-offs? but you wasn't first who did it ...
Ok , i dont like to say good words to someones face , but user Britsimon one of the most restraint persons here . I'm confused..

do not worry man , you are not alone here