Breaking News! Approval for all I-485 pending for more than 180 days!

This indeed is great news for many long waiting GC Seekers.

When Bush came to power it was one of his promises to reform and speed up the GC process. It could be that there is a policy direction from higher ups.

On the contrary security considerations canot be ignored. Especially after 9/11. BCIS will see and scrutinize each application.It cannot be a simple straightforward approval after 180 days. Sure there will be some sort of control mechanism.Not sure what it is. We will wait and see for the memo to come. After we all have waited so many months/years for GC.

It could be a Interim Green Card(like interim EAD after 90 days)!!Wishfull thinking !! Who knows interim GC is possible with a provision for revokation at a later date.

Lets keep our fingers crossed and wait for the memo to come.

Don't be too optimistic, BCIS can only implement a law but can not come with a law. The AC21 law says you can change employer, didn't mention you can be jobless. That's why this thing is so skeptical.

I asked this..

" I was participating in Monday's chat with Ms. Murthy and one thing mentioned in the chat was very interesting which aroused my curiosity. In an answer to a question, Ms. Murthy said something to this effet that there will be a new BCIS memo coming shortly which indicates that the applicant whose 140 has been cleared and are waiting for 485 for more than 180 will get an approval.

My question is, whether my interpretation is correct or it has been referred in some different context? "

And yet they just replied, call back in two weeks?
That sounds like what BCIS IIO will do, call back, call back, we don't know yet...........

*sigh*

Those who don't believe this info from Ms.Murthy please wait for BCIS memo before bashing other forum members.

I personally feel that EB category deserve this rule since they are harassed with lot of RFEs, second FP,............. after waiting for years for GC but illegal immigrants get various amnesty. So let's hope for the best.

We don't want to dream 3 days then find out it's misinterpreted.

This, if it is true, doesn't conform to AC21 law, which requires you to stay in same field and be employeed. I doubt BCIS can ammend the law.

However, BCIS could release sth like this:

To reduce backlog, (blah blah blah), we will not issue RFE for employment verification anymore if I-140 is not revoked and the case has been pending for 180 days.

This will satisfy us, but still the name check thing is another dark hole............

Well, on the other hand, the only possibile way for BCIS to clear backlog is stopping sending out
RFEs. The RFEs are killing BCIS, since 50% cases get RFE, they have to do double work to approve those cases. To reduce the current processing time from 19 months down to 6 months(ideally), they have to stop issuing RFEs(that is a new memo, a new rule).

I think they pay more attention to if you're a potential terrorist than if you're employeed.

That's the only way to eliminiate backlog. Otherwise it's a nightmare for BCIS, and it could be changed to some other names such as Department of immigration services, or Center for Immigration services later on......

Who knows

I would agree with dengdeng. It won't be a blanket approval. Also
if the memo does get released on Friday, we wont get the approval next Monday. It will take time to clear the backlog, but once the backlog is cleared, new filers should get approved within 180 days.

That , I believe, was the essence of the AC21 rule. BCIS would just be following that thread of reasoning.

I really hope it is not a rumor. I'm a client of Murthy, and I have found her attorneys to be the most proffesional people so far.A wee bit expensive, but worth every cent I paid. If Murthy says she has heard this from Efren Hernandez , I would believe her.

Murthy told this in her weekly chat yesterday. I think it is related to revoking I-140 not about the automatic approval or reduction of time of I-485. All the AC-21 rules are going to be the same. Only thing employer will not be able to revokes I-140 after 180 days of I-485. Other things are going to be the same. That’s is understanding.

To LongGC

You said you read this news from Murthy.com... Can you PLEEEEEEASE provide the link.

I was not able to find it. If anyone else has, please provide the info. Thanks

I have to agree with tammy2. This may not have anything to do with the reduction of processing time. Just a matter of the sponsoring employer cannot revoke the I-140 once it is approved and I-485 has been pending over 180 days. Recently, there have been cases in which I-140 was revoked by the employer and I-485 was denied because of that. The new memo may address this issue rather than the reduction of processing time. But even that helps. Hope it is true.

Isn't there a conflict that she said AC21 will not be finalized till Oct but this memo will come out in July and they are conflicting each other. Isn't this part of Ac21.

We could think like this, if your case pend over 180 days, you can legally work using EAD or H-1 at other companies, and yet BCIS will approved your case if it's over 180 days.