Boston Regional DOL Tracker

Thank you all for the response. But just now I came to know from my Lawyer that my case was filed in EB3 (but I have MS and 8 yrs exp)

Ck

bad luck

ckurma said:
Thank you all for the response. But just now I came to know from my Lawyer that my case was filed in EB3 (but I have MS and 8 yrs exp)

Ck

Samething happen for me too...These attorney/employer's are big stupids. Just they want to make money from us..thats all..they don't care our feelings!!!

LB.

LaborBadhi said:
Samething happen for me too...These attorney/employer's are big stupids. Just they want to make money from us..thats all..they don't care our feelings!!!

LB.

Actually they are not stupid as you think. The reason they file EB3 for you is because you are paid too low (depends on what's your work field and where you work). They know you (and me) have to go through with them to get the GC.

LM

longmarch said:
Actually they are not stupid as you think. The reason they file EB3 for you is because you are paid too low (depends on what's your work field and where you work). They know you (and me) have to go through with them to get the GC.

LM

actually my pay is close to triple figure and they showed same in ETA-750. But that time i was not aware of all these rules.

EB3 faster than EB2?

Current processing dates from http://www.visalaw.com/vermont.html

I-140A
Extraordinary ability
04/01/2003

I-140B
Outstanding professor or researcher
02/23/2004

I-140C
Multinational executive or manager
11/18/2004

I-140D
Schedule A Nurses
10/28/2004

I-140E
Advanced degree or exceptional ability
02/05/2004

I-140F
Professional holding advanced degree/alien of exceptional ability requesting NIW
08/20/2003

I-140G Skilled worker or professional
10/28/2004

I-140H
Other worker
10/28/2004

It appears is EB3 is actually faster than EB2.

http://www.ows.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

Shipping Schedule:
Permanent case applications currently located at the SWAs and Regional Offices are being shipped to the Backlog Processing Centers in three phases based on local office receipt date.

Phase Local Office Receipt Date Date Due to Center
1 Prior to January 2003 Completed On 12-31-04
2 2003 to 2004 No Later Than 03-31-05
3 2005 No Later Than 04-22-05

Is this mean they have stopped processiong at regional DOL and sending them to BEC? What will happen to cases which cannot be shipped until 03-31-05 and 04-22-05? does it mean they will still be processed till the shipping date is due? can anyone answer hava an answer

same DOL website says like this:

Backlog Reduction Centers
These cases were filed under the current permanent labor certification program, which the Perm program will replace on March 28, 2005. Once the new Perm program is in effect, employers will no longer be able to file under the current process; however, active cases not filed under Perm will continue to be processed by the Backlog Centers.
(Some of these cases are still being processed in New York, Boston and San Francisco; however, the Backlog Reduction Centers will direct callers to the appropriate office)
Satellite Offices New York
20 Varick Street, Room 755
New York, NY 10014
Phone: (212) 337-2184
Fax: (212) 337-1342
Telephone Information Retrieval Systems:
(212) 337-2193 Boston
J.F.K. Federal Building, Room E-350
Boston, MA 02203
Phone: (617) 565-4446
Fax: (617) 565-2158
Telephone Information Retrieval System:
(617) 788-0171

San Francisco
71 Stevenson Street, Suite 820
San Francisco, CA 94119
Phone: (415) 975-4601
Fax: (415) 975-4660
Telephone Information Retrieval Systems:
(415) 975-4617

So, NY, Boston, SFO DOLs function as satellite BECs. So the current cases from these centers may not go to BEC.

gcpower1 said:
http://www.ows.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

Shipping Schedule:
Permanent case applications currently located at the SWAs and Regional Offices are being shipped to the Backlog Processing Centers in three phases based on local office receipt date.

Phase Local Office Receipt Date Date Due to Center
1 Prior to January 2003 Completed On 12-31-04
2 2003 to 2004 No Later Than 03-31-05
3 2005 No Later Than 04-22-05

Is this mean they have stopped processiong at regional DOL and sending them to BEC? What will happen to cases which cannot be shipped until 03-31-05 and 04-22-05? does it mean they will still be processed till the shipping date is due? can anyone answer hava an answer

Did someone called the Boston DOL office? Are they still processing the applications? The number to call (617) 565-4446 is of no use as it's dead. If someone has better understanding of what is going on, please let us know.

Mine too. They did show the same on 750A. Is there a alternative for me? Can I change it to EB2 now? It appears that my case is screwed up for ever with these new rules n perm .....

guys,

I just received my LC from Boston DOL, proving they are still working, although at a very slow pace.

Mass RIR started beginning of August 2003, transfered to DOL beginning of September 2004, and approved mid-February 2005. No RFE, just 3 letters: receipt from SETA, when the case was "upgraded" to DOL, and the LC certif.

Total: 1.5 years. And the journey just started.

Good luck to all.

I just talked to my lawyer and asked him if everything would be moved to BEC. His answer was that Boston DOL will process all the cases till March 28th. Hope he is right about it!!

useful to go to Boston

Do you guys know how to relly get the Boston DOL information? All the tel numbers are not picked up. Is it possible to stop by DOL office in Boston to ask them? If so, I plan to go ask them tomorrow :)

MainGC said:
I just talked to my lawyer and asked him if everything would be moved to BEC. His answer was that Boston DOL will process all the cases till March 28th. Hope he is right about it!!

I have been calling every Mon. Wedns, Friday, but no one are answering the phones anymore...not sure if anyone went through or not...or simply they are not picking up anymore.

thanks

Any Non-RIR approvals?

All the cases got approved from Boston DOL recently belong to RIR. Any non-RIR approval recently? Please post.

Anywhere to know the updated information for the current date of the PD? Is it progressing month by month? Thanks.

The Immigration website has updated processing timesfor BOSTON DOL:

RIR : 11/2004 and 12/2004

NON-RIR: 10/2004

"nice lady" is back

MainGC said:
The Immigration website has updated processing timesfor BOSTON DOL:

RIR : 11/2004 and 12/2004

NON-RIR: 10/2004

I just tried to call Boston DOL (never successful in the last several weeks) and the "nice lady" picked up the phone and I got some information.

My case was forwarded from CT to Boston DOL on October 7th and put into the system on Dec 1st (almost two month). I was told they now processing the cases of the first week of November. I asked her what will happen to my case and she said it'll process there and not send to BEC.

LM

I just called the BOSTON DOL number and the "nice lady" picked up the phone. Although, she couldn't find my case. She did mention that once the files reach BOSTON DOL they won't be sent to the Backlog Reduction Centers.

My case details:

NH SWA PD: Nov 04
Forwarded to Boston DOL: Jan 05 (Got a letter from NH about forward)
EB3/RIR

Hope this is helpful for those who are waiting in line.

MNGUY said:
I just called the BOSTON DOL number and the "nice lady" picked up the phone. Although, she couldn't find my case. She did mention that once the files reach BOSTON DOL they won't be sent to the Backlog Reduction Centers.

My case details:

NH SWA PD: Nov 04
Forwarded to Boston DOL: Jan 05 (Got a letter from NH about forward)
EB3/RIR

Hope this is helpful for those who are waiting in line.

Thank You Longmarch & MNGUY,

This info is more than enough for me who checks this thread every 2 hours. Not moving our cases to BEC is a good news. I dont mind waiting for one more month but dont wont to imagine my case sent to BEC.

My case moved to Boston DOL on Nov5th.