Boston Regional DOL Tracker

Hi everybody,
I'm new in this process(LC) and in this forum.

The nice lady from my state office (Rhode Island) told me that she sent the file to the office in Boston 4-5 days ago. Is there a way to find out if they've got my file (Boston)? Stays there? Goes to one of the 2 new centers? What should I do to help the process to move faster?
I know that for many of you these might be a trivial questions, but I'd appreciate any input.

Thank you

Boston NOF

Hi everybody!

I was recently told by my attorney that the Boston DOL has asked that my LC should be redone by normal route i.e I have to go through the regular Path. I had filed it for RIR , EB3 and NH SESA had approve it in first week of Sept.
I /My company have not yet received and further letter from DOL advising the LC application to be redone by advertising and waiting for the replies to NH SESA.
Has anyone been through this path before. ?
I was hoping to meet the Dec 2004 deadline and file my I-140 and 485 and now its all in shambles , as I have only 2 months left for my 6 years.

Stan.

spx221 said:
Hi everybody!

I was recently told by my attorney that the Boston DOL has asked that my LC should be redone by normal route i.e I have to go through the regular Path. I had filed it for RIR , EB3 and NH SESA had approve it in first week of Sept.
I /My company have not yet received and further letter from DOL advising the LC application to be redone by advertising and waiting for the replies to NH SESA.
I was hoping to meet the Dec 2004 deadline and file my I-140 and 485 and now its all in shambles , as I have only 2 months left for my 6 years.

Stan.

Sorry, I don't have this kind of experience. But to play safe, no matter what's going on for your LC, renew your 7th year H1 is not a bad idea. Good luck!

Hello Everyone,

I tried calling the Boston DOL but looks like no one seems to answer the phone. Does anyone know if the attorney get a case receipt with case number, once the application gets entered into the system?

Thanks!

Why ??

WHY ??? What was the reason ? They just cannot dictate which route to go with while doing labor ... they have to specifically give a reason.
Did you not advertise sufficiently for RIR ?

spx221 said:
Hi everybody!

Stan.

spx,

More information would greatly be appreciated. When was your case received at Boston DOL? And when did your attorney hear from them?

Did they give a reason for asking you to go through the normal route? did you have any responses to your ads?

BTW has anyone heard ANYTHING from Boston DOL lately? No phone, no automated system no letters. I'm getting worried.

Any updates on Boston DOL this month?

I saw that the Boston DOL NON-RIR and RIR dates were Aug 04 & Sept 04 respectively. Did anyone get their LC approved this week?
Please update with details.
Thanks.

DeCgC_007 said:
I saw that the Boston DOL NON-RIR and RIR dates were Aug 04 & Sept 04 respectively. Did anyone get their LC approved this week?
Please update with details.
Thanks.

Non-RIR still in August? It's so disappointing! My non-RIR was transfered to DOL in September, at that time, my lawyer told me it would take 5 to 7 months for DOL to get it clear. Now I believe he is right!

Non-RIR, 9/2004

I just checked the immigration.com processing time, and found out for non-RIR is processing September cases, that's encouraging!!! I think the processing time from immigration.com is more accurate! But we really don't know how fast they are going to process. I really hope they won't stuck in September for another 3 month!

Labor Certified NH Non-RIR

My labor finally got certified this week, and hopefully in time for me to apply the I-485 before Jan 05.
Its took almost exactly one year to date since I applied for Labor from NH.
At that time thought it would come by 3-4 months.

Labor Filed (Non-RIR) : Dec 3rd Week 2003
Recruitment effort begin : Aug 1st Week 2004 (8 months)
Results Submitted : Sept 1st Week 2004 (1 month)
Move to Boston DOL : Oct 1st Week 2004 (1 month)
Entered in DOL System : Oct 4th Week 2004 (3 Weeks)
Final Certification : Dec 3rd Week 2004 (7 Weeks)

Got to rush the papers for 485.
All the best to everyone here.

neocor

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats neocor. Good to know that they are processing Oct 4th week non-RIR cases. Keeping my fingers crossed.

neocor said:
My labor finally got certified this week, and hopefully in time for me to apply the I-485 before Jan 05.

neocor

Congratulations!!! I'm so glad for you!

Mine is MA non-RIR EB3 transferred to DOL Sept. 25, and entered into the system Oct. 6. It's been exactly two years from my priority date now. I've got all my I-485 done, just waiting for the labor to be certified. Actually, I almost gave up! But by knowing your information, I think I may still have the hope there. Thanks for your update!

Good luck!

Congrats !

neocor said:

neocor

Congratulations and all the best for I140/485 !!!

It's quite encouraging to know that DOL is processing October 04 cases.

Is this normal time for the case to get entered into DOL system after they receive it from SWA?

One more question :
Was your case in EB2 category?
As per my understanding only EB3 category will get affected by the priority dates for filing simultanious I140 / 485 after Jan 05. Those who are in EB2 category can still file for I140 / 485 simultaniously even if their LC gets approved after Jan 05. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks a lot for sharing the details !

DeCgC_007 said:
Congratulations and all the best for I140/485 !!!

It's quite encouraging to know that DOL is processing October 04 cases.

Is this normal time for the case to get entered into DOL system after they receive it from SWA?

One more question :
Was your case in EB2 category?
As per my understanding only EB3 category will get affected by the priority dates for filing simultanious I140 / 485 after Jan 05. Those who are in EB2 category can still file for I140 / 485 simultaniously even if their LC gets approved after Jan 05. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks a lot for sharing the details !

Thanks,

I am thinking 3-4 weeks is normal time it takes to enter the DOL system after the SESA office sends it over. I have seen 1-2 weeks for some cases, also I have a couple of friends whose cases are awaiting to be entered into DOL for more than a month now. But looks like 2-3 weeks is a resonable time.

My case is EB3. So it does effect me if I am not able to file before Dec 31.
And yes you are right if you are EB2 then you are not affected by the retrogression. Atleast not until Jan 31 for now. The next Bulletin will address for Feb Visa Numbers.

I guess the Visa Bulletin will now become the hottest bulletin next year. The 485 processing dates will be unimportant for some time to come.

neocor

neocor,

Is there any way you can tell us how did you hear of your certification? Automated phone line, talked to the lady, got the certification in the mail?

Thanks for info.

DOL ph numbers

Does anyone has the luck getting the AVM or the Live operator?? I called this number 617-788-0152 and could not get hold of the live operator.. it has some automated message and ask's to make a selection!!!!! what do we select here???? does anyone know about this.. Please advise

Thanks All.

jifjef said:
neocor,

Is there any way you can tell us how did you hear of your certification? Automated phone line, talked to the lady, got the certification in the mail?

Thanks for info.

Well I only got to talk to the lady once after my case entered into DOL. Otherwise both the AVM and Lady are not reachable these days.
My lawyer got the papers from DOL and that is how I heard of my certification.

neocor

neocor said:
Well I only got to talk to the lady once after my case entered into DOL. Otherwise both the AVM and Lady are not reachable these days.
My lawyer got the papers from DOL and that is how I heard of my certification.

neocor

First congrates to neocor.

Looks like maybe the lady in DOL is on vacation. Couldn't reach her in the last couple of weeks. Keep trying.

But at least, from my update 3 weeks ago, she was saying Non_RIR process is Sept04, but seems neocor case says that it is moving to October now. Great info.