Boston Regional DOL Tracker

GC_04 said:
617-788-0171 (AVM) -- I think, the AVM is not working for past couple of days
617-788-0152 (Operator) -- Works only certain days of week i guess

Good luck.

Hi CaliGC,

Did you get your case# and what's the status?. if you hear any thing from DOL, please update.

Thanks
GC

Help!!!

My labour is struck at California(remanded back to state from RIR), PD 08/2001. Currently in non-rir queue.
I have an offer from a company which is willing to start GC for me from either
massachusetts OR north carolina(they have offices in both places).
My h1(6 years) is expiring this yearend and my current employer has already
filed for 7th year h1 extension.
Guys i need your advice,
Should i stay with the current employer?
Should i start the labour with the new employer(he says it is ok if i join after
the labour is approved)?
What are the chances of my current labour(in CA) getting approved before
the new one gets approved?

bayareagc said:
My labour is struck at California(remanded back to state from RIR), PD 08/2001. Currently in non-rir queue.
I have an offer from a company which is willing to start GC for me from either
massachusetts OR north carolina(they have offices in both places).
My h1(6 years) is expiring this yearend and my current employer has already
filed for 7th year h1 extension.
Guys i need your advice,
Should i stay with the current employer?
Should i start the labour with the new employer(he says it is ok if i join after
the labour is approved)?
What are the chances of my current labour(in CA) getting approved before
the new one gets approved?

Looks like you really have little to no choice here. You would have to surely leave US on 6 years completion if you leave your current employer who has your labor going.
Also I guess you cannot change the employer in the 7th year unless your GC is approved or atleast the I140 is approved along with the EAD and 6 month waiting period after 485 filing. Any changes of employer without this in the 7th year or later will require you to leave immediately. I may be wrong but its an interesting situation and may be lawyers can find some loophole somewhere.
If you cant wait for the labor on the current employer then there are only two options left as the year end is approaching.
1. Get a certified labor from another company
2. Find a company that can file your loabor from a state where it can be cleared in 2-3 motnhs (eg Maine). But this is still risky.

Dear GC_04,

I did try calling the Boston DOL today (617 788 0152) and the automated system said the advisor/s are available only on Monday/Wednesday/Friday only between 9AM to Noon. I'm planning to call them again Friday.

Thanks!

I called Boston DOL today and the sweet lady told me they are processing Cases received in July End and August Starting.

My Case is around at July end and said I should be hearing in another week or so.

Hope there are not going to be any queries.

Thanks
GC_04

GC_04 said:
I called Boston DOL today and the sweet lady told me they are processing Cases received in July End and August Starting.

My Case is around at July end and said I should be hearing in another week or so.

Hope there are not going to be any queries.

Thanks
GC_04
GC_04
But the DOL website is showing it as
Program Title: Regular Permanent Reduction in Recruitment H-2A H-2B pdated
Boston Apr. 2004 Jun. 2004 Jul. 2004 Jul. 2004 Aug. 2004

:confused:
Regards
Sur

That's great...!

Dear GC_04,

Thanks for the wonderful news.... it is like melody to the ears... However could you please let me know how you were able to reach anyone the automated system did not even give me a chance to speak to any one... did you call 617 788 0152? and did what...

Thanks,
CaliGC

CaliGC said:
Dear GC_04,

Thanks for the wonderful news.... it is like melody to the ears... However could you please let me know how you were able to reach anyone the automated system did not even give me a chance to speak to any one... did you call 617 788 0152? and did what...

Thanks,
CaliGC

Dear CaliGC,

I called 617-788-0152 on Wednessday and the operator picked it up. She was very courteous. Asked my Case # and checked up in the system and said I should hear in a week or so.

This Number works only 3 days of the week (Wednessday I know, mostly before noon).

Hope this helps.

Thanks
GC

sur_yak said:
GC_04
But the DOL website is showing it as
Program Title: Regular Permanent Reduction in Recruitment H-2A H-2B pdated
Boston Apr. 2004 Jun. 2004 Jul. 2004 Jul. 2004 Aug. 2004

:confused:
Regards
Sur

I am not quite sure about the accuracy of the Dates posted on DOL site. A month back my lawyer informed that Boston DOL is processing July04.

I had an experiece with NH processing dates as well. When they were processing cases received in Oct/Nov 03, the site was showing as April 04 cases. The explanation I got from NH SESA was, it was updated by some one else automatically with one month Late. Later he moved back the dates to few months(October03) around April/May I guess.

Regards
GC

Urgent help needed please...

Dear Friends,
I am in a situation wherein my parent company had to terminate contract with my client. Because of this they let me go. I was able to find another project, but I do not want to go back to my old parent company. This new client wants me to join asap and now I'm looking for a company who can sponsor my H1 & GC as well. If you know any reliable company please PM or send me a email at startdsl@yahoo.com
Your quick response is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
DS

Last edited by a moderator:
Switch in 7th year

neocor said:
Looks like you really have little to no choice here. You would have to surely leave US on 6 years completion if you leave your current employer who has your labor going.
Also I guess you cannot change the employer in the 7th year unless your GC is approved or atleast the I140 is approved along with the EAD and 6 month waiting period after 485 filing. Any changes of employer without this in the 7th year or later will require you to leave immediately. I may be wrong but its an interesting situation and may be lawyers can find some loophole somewhere.
If you cant wait for the labor on the current employer then there are only two options left as the year end is approaching.
1. Get a certified labor from another company
2. Find a company that can file your loabor from a state where it can be cleared in 2-3 motnhs (eg Maine). But this is still risky.

I believe you can switch employers in 7th/8th... years also. I'm not sure exactly how it works but I've read this on multiple forums - checkout a few legal sites - you will get pointers on it - most probably from what i recall is you file a new labour from new employer and then do extension on the basis of the new labour as soon as it a year old .... ( something close to it - sorry guys cant recall exactly at this point :(

Thanks mtreddy, neocor, GC_04

Dear mtreddy, neocor, GC_04, thank you guys!!! I called the Boston DOL and spoke to the very sweet lady (as rightly said by GC_04) she spoke to me to her best and helped me with my case #.

My case reached them in the first week of August and she said it would take no more than two weeks to certify the case. A MILLION Salutations to her.

Cheers,
CaliGC

Dilbert_Cal said:
I believe you can switch employers in 7th/8th... years also. I'm not sure exactly how it works but I've read this on multiple forums - checkout a few legal sites - you will get pointers on it - most probably from what i recall is you file a new labour from new employer and then do extension on the basis of the new labour as soon as it a year old .... ( something close to it - sorry guys cant recall exactly at this point :(

So there is the caveat the loophole that you can change your employer as long as the new employer has your labor filed for more than a year. That makes sense. The conclusion is that if you want to remain in US after completion of 6 years you got have at least the labor filed for more than a year from whoever is your employer.

Hi CaliGc,

How did u get the case # did ur lawyer gave you the Case #???? I have applied from Maine.. 6 months ago... after calling so many times my lawyer and Employer... today they said that My case was move to BOSTON DOL on AUG 12, but i was asking them to give me the case #, my lawyer even faxed me copy they rec'ved from Maine, but it does not have the Case # :mad: How can I check my status , Is there a way to find out the case # :confused: Anyone in the group please advice.

Thanks
Gc_maine2

CaliGC said:
Dear mtreddy, neocor, GC_04, thank you guys!!! I called the Boston DOL and spoke to the very sweet lady (as rightly said by GC_04) she spoke to me to her best and helped me with my case #.

My case reached them in the first week of August and she said it would take no more than two weeks to certify the case. A MILLION Salutations to her.

Cheers,
CaliGC

MIne is Non-RIR and I also got a query... and my lawyer responded very slowly... thats the reason it took long...

rahul_singh said:
Maine SESA is very fast. How did it take 6 months in your case?
They are processing Sept 2004 applications.

Hello Folks,

My labor is RIR/EB2
Maine SESA
Sent to Regional center on 09/03/2004

Could you gurus tell me how long it is taking these days from Boston regional center.

-
a_ven

a_ven said:
Hello Folks,

My labor is RIR/EB2
Maine SESA
Sent to Regional center on 09/03/2004

Could you gurus tell me how long it is taking these days from Boston regional center.

-
a_ven

Was it entered in the System in Boston on 09/03, or is this the date that it was sent from Maine SESA?

Neocor,

I think this is the date it was sent from Maine SESA. What does that signify?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
a_ven

a_ven said:
Neocor,

I think this is the date it was sent from Maine SESA. What does that signify?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
a_ven

I asked just for the purpose of finding how many days it will take boston to certify a case after it has been entered into the system.
Just want to eliminate the days it takes for the papers to be forwarded from the state SESA. This may differ from state to state