Boston Regional DOL Tracker

Boston Regional Processing times

Hi Guys,
What are the processing times for Boston Regional DOL
RIR and NON-RIR.
1. The labor site says "Nov 2003 for NON-RIR" . is that accurate?
2. Also, any contact information of Boston regional DOL.

Any information will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Akhila

Rhode island

I am planning to file laobr thru RIR application for PROGRAMMER position.
Does any body have any idea about how much ads are required?

Hi all,

I'm planning to change employers and have a question about filing labor. The new employer have many offices around US. Currently I would like the new employer to apply from a state in which I'm not residing. Normally, would the attorneys of the company apply for labor from a different state in such conditions. How do I convince them ? Or how secure is it to obtain an approval. All the offices are genuine as this is a very big company all over.

Also is it possible to file for labor from the same state from two different employers. I have a labor approval from one of the new england states. This new employer too has offices in those states. Can I ask them to file from the same state I got my labor approval from a different company.

Your advise is greatly appreciated.

thanks,
missfresher

1) Company's attorney can legally apply for a Labor from a different state - but only when your management agrees to relocate you to that state after you obtain your GC. Unless your HR/mgmt is co-operative in this aspect, its usually not that easy to convince BIG corporations. As long as the company has a genuine office in a state and can show a recruitment pattern (advertisement etc), it should not be an issue to obtain an approval.

2) Though you(applicant) are a beneficiary, Labor certificate belongs to the employer. Hence "YES" it is possible to apply for LC from different companies for you in the same state.

zbcx123 said:
1) Company's attorney can legally apply for a Labor from a different state - but only when your management agrees to relocate you to that state after you obtain your GC. Unless your HR/mgmt is co-operative in this aspect, its usually not that easy to convince BIG corporations. As long as the company has a genuine office in a state and can show a recruitment pattern (advertisement etc), it should not be an issue to obtain an approval.

2) Though you(applicant) are a beneficiary, Labor certificate belongs to the employer. Hence "YES" it is possible to apply for LC from different companies for you in the same state.

Hi zbcx123,

Thank you for your reply. This will definitely help in talking to the HR/management in detail. I hope to get this opportunity provided the immigration issues are resolved with them.

thanks.

suggestion on RIR filing

Hi,

I am planning to file my labor from Vermont based company through RIR.
The company main branch is located in Vermont and has around 100 employees, I heard company is doing fine and has maintained good financial books. It is in business less than 2 years.

I have a Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering and I have around 8 years of experience. My salary would be in the range of 72 to 75 K and working as a web developer. I will be completing my 5th year by mid of Aug'04. My company is planning to file my case by the end of July.

I heard that Boston is not issuing many RIR cases, or issuing many queries.
The company I would be joining has RIR approvals from last year, many Non RIR cases from this year. They haven't filed any RIR cases this yr, they will be filing one RIR this week.

If my RIR case would reject or denied, can I convert the case to Non-RIR with the same priority date?

Did any one got recent RIR approvals from Boston?

Any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Reddy.

There have been patterns to suggest that Vermont, Maine and NH have become quite strict in issuing RIR in the software field. However, if a strong, concrete pattern of recruitment efforts can be established, and if your company has had experience with getting RIRs approved within the last year, you can certainly try RIR. If it does get rejected, then the case can be converted to non-RIR with the same priority date, so you don't have much to lose.

Also, I think it is the SESAs that have become strict with RIR approvals, not necessarily Bos DOL. i.e., I am not sure if I have seen cases where Boston DOL denies the RIR if the appropriate SESA has already approved it.

Last edited by a moderator:
My experience -

RIR (Massachussetts) PD is June 02. After a series of wage related kick-backs, SESA has finally transferred my case to Boston DoL in Apr '03 which got "RIR Denied" (I still remember that mine was among an ocean of RIR cases which were denied by Boston DoL) and thus subsequently sent back to SESA to process it as a "non-RIR" case. Finally go it (non-RIR) approved recently (Apr '04)

Cheers

Thanks for all your suggestions.

When your case were denied by Boston DOL, did you use the same priority date for the Non- RIR? If I file now through RIR and get rejected after couple of months, Can I use the same priority date? I heard some companies are getting RIRs from NH and Boston recently!!

Thanks,
Reddy.

zbcx123 said:
My experience -

RIR (Massachussetts) PD is June 02. After a series of wage related kick-backs, SESA has finally transferred my case to Boston DoL in Apr '03 which got "RIR Denied" (I still remember that mine was among an ocean of RIR cases which were denied by Boston DoL) and thus subsequently sent back to SESA to process it as a "non-RIR" case. Finally go it (non-RIR) approved recently (Apr '04)

Cheers

Yes... you will keep your priority date even if your RIR gets rejected and gets converted to non-RIR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Labor Approved

My labor is approved, here is my info:

MA SESA Non-RIR priority date: 10/17/2002
Requirement result sent to SESA: 02/04/2004
Boston DOL received date: 06/21/2004
Certified: 06/25/2004

See you all in I-140 forum.
smi

Please confirm your case is received in Boston DOL on 6/21.. and got approved in the next 4 days..?If this is so.this is good news.
Thanks
Ram

Yes, I got notified by my lawyer on the 22nd, saying that my case got transered to DOL on the 21st of June. I think since my case was with SESA for so long DOL acted quickly on it.

regards,
ami

DOL(AVM) Phone number to check status

hi,
What is the BOSTON DOL phone nummer to check status (AVM message) of laboor ?

NH to Boston

I finally got ( authentic ?) information on my case. It was filed in NH ( RIR software) on Feb 1st week and went to DOL-Boston on Mid June as per the lawyer. My employer was fooling around when he said it went to boston on May and got a query on salary.] from DOL Boston.

I am assuming the lawyer is correct.

Thanks,
Pachya

Pachya--> how big is your sponsoring company?
My LC(RIR/programmer) was filed in March from NH but no news yet. My sponsoring company is small (25 employees). Will this be an issue for getting LC approved?

Is there any body who filed in March at NH with RIR and has got their file moved to Boston DOL?

needGCby05 said:
Pachya--> how big is your sponsoring company?
My LC(RIR/programmer) was filed in March from NH but no news yet. My sponsoring company is small (25 employees). Will this be an issue for getting LC approved?

Is there any body who filed in March at NH with RIR and has got their file moved to Boston DOL?

No idea - I was told they have 20 people but no clue...... If you remember, NH was showing February in the month of April and then they shifted to oct/nov in May/June. I've a feeling I might just be lucky OR NH might have resumed processing Feb. cases.

Size doesn't matter in labor stage I guess. May be in 140 stage ???

Thanks,
Pachya