Boston MA - N-400 TimeLine

Does anyone have the guts to join with me to go to the senator to address the issue of late Oath dates in Boston.

Hats off to that activist spirit... but is this *really* what you want to fight about???

Get real - there are more pressing issues in this country ... economy, healthcare, green jobs... take your pick... don't waste your cycles on trivial issues like "oath date delays"...

Happy New Year to everyone... :)

N-400 details
-------------
- Filing Office - Boston, MA
- 5 years after GC

Timeline
--------
Aug 13th, 2009 - N-400 application sent to Lewisville, TX
Aug 18th, 2009 - Application received by USCIS
Aug 18th, 2009 - Priority date
Aug 21st, 2009 - Check encashed
Aug 24th, 2009 - I797C Notice of Action Received with Case #
Aug 25th, 2009 - Online status changed to "Request for Evidence"
Aug 29th, 2009 - I797C Notice of Action Recd - FP Appointment on Sept 12th
Sep 9th, 2009 - Early walk in FP completed - done in 10 mins
Sep 23rd, 2009 - Online status changed to "Send to local DO for standard interview" for self
Sep 26th, 2009 - Received Interview letter for self
Oct 1st, 2009 - Online status changed to "Send to local DO for standard interview" for wife
Oct 5th, 2009 - Received Interview letter for wife
Nov 4th, 2009 - Interview date for self @ Lawrence, MA office / Completed - Approved
Nov 12th, 2009 - Interview date for Wife @ Lawrence, MA office / Completed - Approved / Oath letter delivered by hand
Nov 13th, 2009 - Oath letter for self received by mail
Jan 28th, 2010 - Oath ceremony @ Lowell, MA

sorry to all the folks who got offended.

I should have written "care" in place of "guts". I just want to tell you there are only less than 20 people who are actively participating in this thread and who care about sharing info.

So i guess i should just sit tight and ignore this thread.

--Good bye to you all.

This is not just Boston problem, it is rather a Massachusetts proble. I did my FP in Boston, but my Interview was in Lawrence (Nov. 9) and Oath in Lovell (jan 28).

I do agree that there are millions time more important issues our representative are dealing with, and for us it is just a little inconvenience comparing to everything we have been through in our immigration journey,

BUT... First, it is my understanding that a Senator's office does have somebody responsible for dealing with immigration issues (therefore these people are not solving more burning questions). Second, all of us who had interviews in November /December could vote in the extremely important Senator's election in MA if Oath had not ben delayed so much.

I believe these two arguments give us sufficient reasons to contact Kerry's office. If ALL of us do that, may be it will be changed for the better for those who follow us. Remember, we OWE it to people who follow us, note: so much had been done by people before us so that our process with FP, Interview, etc. was so fast.

Happy New Year everybody! It is already special as we will end the year with the US passport! Our American Dream is alive!

but i will keep my interview exp posted

I want to be an proud American not a citizen of other country to sit idle.

So keep fighting for your rights.

I should have written "care" in place of "guts". I just want to tell you there are only less than 20 people who are actively participating in this thread and who care about sharing info.

So i guess i should just sit tight and ignore this thread.

--Good bye to you all.

You need to keep things in perspective. This forum, like any other, is based on interest levels. Most folks here have interest levels that peak during GC, it goes down for 5 years (or 3 yrs) ... and then it comes back up during citizenship.

You want to guess what happens once folks go past that stage - the interest level goes down. This is pure human nature - no one here has a paid job to answer questions - so, keep that in mind.

Or maybe, your note was deliberately worded with 'guts' to evoke a response - which you have successfully done... :)... of course, this is just one thread ... you may have better responses elsewhere

Now - on the issue to bugging Senators/Congressmen - absolutely fire away. That is what American citizenship is all about. But use the energy *wisely* - I am willing to wage a bet that most folks here would rather sue USCIS on delays, rather than push their elected officials on issues like healthcare, economy, green jobs and yes - immigration. This is just human nature - because one gets more frustrated waiting for 10 years for a citizenship, rather than see esoteric, but more relevant & bigger impacts like healthcare, economy, etc. While this addresses our frustration with uscis, it does *nothing* to help our country.

The quote of "ask not what your country can do for you..." is so apt here... do we want to become new citizens and complain on trivial matters to elected officials, or do we want to become new citizens and use our efforts to better this great nation with real progress.

Given that there are only finite resources (sure, there maybe some poor soul in Kerry's office dedicated to immigration issues) ... I would rather we focus our elected officials on issues like these:

- Healthcare - get rid of pre-existing conditions, reduce the costs & deficit, etc.
- Green jobs - get going on wind, solar, nuclear... get out of coal - unless they can sequester it
- Economy - worst recession since the 30s... get the jobless rate down, get rid of too big to fail
- Immigration - figure out a plan to address the 13m illegals, fix issues that lead to the Xmas underpant bomber... and yes - get a quicker process for legals

This is what I want Kerry and Kirk (or Coakley/Brown) to focus 110% of their time on ... bcos this is what will ensure the future of my 3yr & 1yr old. I am willing to let go on my urge to yell at someone bcos my oath ceremony was 3 months after my interview...

Question for all of you who have had your interviews and are now waiting for oath ceremonies: has your online status changed? i passed my interview in early dec, have oath scheduled for march, but my online status has not changed.

Do: Boston

Here are my details

12/22/09 - Mailed to Lewisville, TX
12/24/09 - Pkg delivered / Receipt Date
01/07/10 - Notice Date
01/08/10 - Check Cashed/Priority Date
01/14/10 - NOA rcvd
01/21/10 - FP letter recvd (FP date 2/01/10)
02/01/10 - Could not go for FP
02/17/10 - FP Done
02/23/10 - Case sent for standard interview
02/26/10 - IL recvd
04/01/10 - Interview date

Last edited by a moderator:
Question for all of you who have had your interviews and are now waiting for oath ceremonies: has your online status changed? i passed my interview in early dec, have oath scheduled for march, but my online status has not changed.

My status has not been changed since the interview on November 9.

As for the ongoing discussion on contacting the representatives, even though the arguments of ash29 are convincing, but look at the today's post (withdraw on N-400) -- the applicant had been waiting for an interview for FOUR YEARS!
We were lucky to go through the process before the Oath so fast-- in part this is due to the fight of those who applied before us

My interview is in Boston.. Anniversary for GC was in Dec 09

Hi sanjay76

My Interview is on 14 Jan2010 too @ Lawrence, MA (9:30 AM)
Is ur interview at Boston or Lawrence?
Also What is ur GC anniversary date?
I also did not receive the Yellow Letter yet

Interview and oath done today

Hi All,

Good news i had my Interview and oath done today at Boston JFK. Yes it took lot of paperwork for travel related emergency to get a oath for my self not for spouse.

I have to travel for a business deal to other country for multiple times and i had taken the appropriate paper work to show the legitimacy of my trips. Yeah its kind of personal oath that usually get only for people going to war.

Spouse oath is on April 1, 2010.

I saw around 40-50 people from different countries attended interview today in Boston, but i still can't digest why the duck they don't share their experiences.

First interview officer is very nice polite and just 6 questions from 100 got all of them right. written and English speaking passed.

Next went to E 170 room for application info verification the second officer is very polite too. The second officer went through my file. i told one speeding back in 2004 and went to DMV to get the unofficial driving record ( none charged), even he didn't specifically asked me. He took those DMV docs. Told i was recommended for Citizenship.

Then i started requesting him about same day oath, which luckily i got :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Thanks to all the sincere people in the thread who advised me. Please don't hesitate if you need any more info from me. Other than my business docs which i am not going to share :) :) :)

People please share info for next people about parking near JFK its so damn expensive, 3 hours $35. I can use that money to some family in rural India who can live for entire month. Enough said.

--Rekha

Happy new Year everyone, I am wondering if anybody is in the similar situation:

My interview was passed on Nov. 9th in JFK building, and I was handed a sheet with Oath date on Jan 28th in Lawrance, I told the lady in front desk that I prefer to have an Oath in a location through public transportation. I was told that I would have a letter in the mail, but I never got anything till now. just checked on the website, it's still saying the interview letter was sent. What should I do now? Any suggestion is highly appreciated!

Hi, I have my interview in JFK building at 2:30pm. My interview letter says that they will not allow admission 30 minutes before the interview time.

Does anyone know if there is a long queue outside the JFK building at that time, and how early I should reach Government Center to be on-time. TIA.

Interview Canceled (To be Rescheduled)

My Interview was scheduled for tomorrow 14 Jan 2010 @ 9:30 AM in Lawrence, MA

I just received a voicemail and e-mail from Lawrence USCIS Office stating that they have to cancel my Naturalization Interview and have to reschedule it later.

The Reason was that due to their Computer Error, my Interview was wrongly scheduled before my 5th year GC anniversary and according to Law they cannot schedule an interview before my (5th year anniversary + 1 day)

They said that they would be sending me an interview letter with a rescheduled date within the next 2 weeks

Sorry to hear that.

Sorry to hear your interview got postponed. Each DO seems to be operating with their own rules. So many posts here of folks having their interview prior to their 3 or 5 year dates then getting a "Cannot make a descision now" letter. Hopefully you'll get rescheduled really quickly. Good luck.