Boston MA - N-400 TimeLine

Well, definitely people are being interviewed since I and others have interviews this week. But probably it means that they are not scheduling any new interviews during this time.

I agree with others on this forum, it definitely does not help to try to expedite anything. I've read a bunch of these forums and everyone who has tried to expedite their interview is denied. I would avoid making the trip all the way to the Boston office unless it is for your interview. If you absolutely need to call, then call, but there is nothing you can accomplish in person that you can't do over the phone. Good luck, and try to be patient.

Interview Letter Received yesterday (mailed 9 Dec)

Interview Date: 14 Jan 2010 (9:30 AM)
Place: Lawrence, MA

Signature updated

No Yellow Letter yet.

As suspected, my interview is scheduled 4 days before my 5 year GC Anniversary (18 Jan 2010 - which is a Federal holiday - MLK Jr. day)

Keeping fingers crossed about the decision after the interview!!!

Hi

Can someone please point me to a post in which someone's case was similar to mine where the interview @ Lawrence was scheduled few days before their 5 yr GC anniversary and that subsequently they received a call from Lawrence Office stating the rescheduling of their interview to after the 5 yr anniversary.

I bet I saw it somewhere here but cannot recollect.

Thanks in advance

I am calling it yellow letter, as this one page letter is completely yellow. It basically say "unless previously submitted, please bring the following into your interview. Do not mail them..."etc.

Then at the end it says "Bring all passports and travel documents (including expired and current) issued to you by any govt."

"if you are applying for naturalization on the basis of marriage to a US citizen, bring tax returns transcripts of last 3 years."

I think, this letter is sent to everyone prior to interview letter. So I just want to know how long does it take to receive the interview letter after one has received the yellow letter.

I have received a letter which tells me my interview date. This is the only letter I have received after FP. Is this yellow letter, or IL? Should I have both before the interview?

No Interview Letter yet (since 11/5 FP)

Hi All,

I haven't received any email notification/update for my IL. I completed my FP on 11/5 in Boston. I was hoping that the IL would come within a month or so.

How long does it take (average) to get the IL? Should I contact anyone at USCIS?

Any ideas/help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

I had my FP on 11/3, and my IL was in mail on 12/14. I had not registered for email tracking on USCIS website.

how can I prove I have no traffic fines to pay

Hi, I'd like to know how to prove I have no traffic fines to pay for now. I already have my driving record document but it just shows the list of traffic violation descriptions like fail to stop, speeding, but nowhere I can find something like all fines were paid.

Any help..?

Thanks.

latest timeline for my status

My status changed to sent for a standard interview last night. I was little concerned when it took long time for LUD to change after FP, it seems to be on track now.

10/12/2009: N400 Mailed
10/25/2009: FP Notice Recvd Date
11/05/2009: FP Done in Boston (same as scheduled)
12/17/2009: LUD Change: Send to SD Interview
XX/XX/XXXX: IL Recvd
XX/XX/XXXX: ID
XX/XX/XXXX: Oath (self in Boston)

Hi everybody -- I wanted to share my interview experience. I went accompanied by a lawyer (background: derivative asylum-based green card). The process was really smooth - I went through security and, after meeting up with my lawyer, waited in the main hall for the first portion of the interview. After only about 15 minutes I was called to answer the civics questions. They were ...

1. What is freedom of religion?
2. When was the Constitution written?
3. What ocean is on the East Coast of the U.S.?
4. ....
5. ....
6. ....
I can't remember the others - sorry! I was so nervous!

Then I went to wait in another hall for the actual interview. I was taken back within 20 minutes for the actual interview by a kind interviewing officer who chatted with my lawyer along the way. After swearing in, I presented him with my passport from COP, travel document, license, and green card. He looked over my paperwork for a long moment (he had my entire file!!) and then skipped right into the N-400 application confirming the information and then focusing on the Yes/No questions. Then boom -- done! Signed the application, waited outside for my oath letter, and left the place beaming!
For those of you who are concerned about applying as an asylum-based green card, I have not traveled back to COP and though I renewed my passport I have never used it. The IO just confirmed that much but didn't ask anything about my prior asylum claim.

On the whole everyone from USCIS was respectful, efficient, and fair. I am glad to have finished this journey!

Thanks to everyone on this forum - it has provided a constant source of information and comfort. Best wishes for a straight forward and quick process!

Hi everybody -- I wanted to share my interview experience. I went accompanied by a lawyer (background: derivative asylum-based green card). The process was really smooth - I went through security and, after meeting up with my lawyer, waited in the main hall for the first portion of the interview. After only about 15 minutes I was called to answer the civics questions. They were ...

1. What is freedom of religion?
2. When was the Constitution written?
3. What ocean is on the East Coast of the U.S.?
4. ....
5. ....
6. ....
I can't remember the others - sorry! I was so nervous!

Then I went to wait in another hall for the actual interview. I was taken back within 20 minutes for the actual interview by a kind interviewing officer who chatted with my lawyer along the way. After swearing in, I presented him with my passport from COP, travel document, license, and green card. He looked over my paperwork for a long moment (he had my entire file!!) and then skipped right into the N-400 application confirming the information and then focusing on the Yes/No questions. Then boom -- done! Signed the application, waited outside for my oath letter, and left the place beaming!
For those of you who are concerned about applying as an asylum-based green card, I have not traveled back to COP and though I renewed my passport I have never used it. The IO just confirmed that much but didn't ask anything about my prior asylum claim.

On the whole everyone from USCIS was respectful, efficient, and fair. I am glad to have finished this journey!

Thanks to everyone on this forum - it has provided a constant source of information and comfort. Best wishes for a straight forward and quick process!

Hi - congrats! When is your oath?

Hi TheWickerMan

Please post your Interview Experience at Boston today

posted it as a separate thread, but i cant link it i guess because i would need 15 posts minimum i guess, which i dont have :confused:

Anyway, here goes :

Interview was at 2.30pm, arrived by 2.15 and submitted the interview letter to the lady behind the counter and was asked to have a seat

I was then called in a bit after 2.40 for the civic and english part of the interview

The questions were:

1. How many years do we elect the senators
2. How many chief justices are in supreme court
3. What does the cabinet do
4. Name one branch of the govt
5. What did the declatration of independence do?
6. Who did the US get independence from?

Got all of them right, and then was asked to read "When is Columbus day" and asked to write "Columbus day is in October"

Passed this part, and was to have a seat for the N-400 interview. Was called in, was asked to take the oath, officer went thru N-400 questions, marked them off. I was asked for the court dispositions of all traffic citations. Luckily for me, I spent the last month hunting them down and getting them.

I notice that the office took lots and lots of notes, esp around citations (i have two of them in total..just regular speeding tickets) and trips outside the US.

I was then informed that I was recommended for approval. They gave me a green letter stating oath is going to be on March 18, 2010! Three months away!! Seemed a bit far when I notice other DO's it was happening in 1 month!

Overall, it was a pleasant experience, pleasant staff.

Good luck all!

Yesterday, I took oath in Faneuil Hall, Boston.

We reached there at 12:00 noon. A supervisor from USCIS Boston district office gave welcome speech and answered questions from people. All of us checked in with USCIS officers. USCIS officers verified each person’s oath letter, confirmed if any changes (travel, divorce, issue with police, etc) since Interview and verified they have naturalization certificate available for that person. Officer collected GC card (they didn’t ask any other USCIS issued documents from anyone) and stamped “Checked in” in the oath letter. After check-in process (completed at around 1 PM). USCIS officer called names of few people (about 5 or 6 people) who missed the check-in due to late arrival to come forward and complete the check-in process. One or two came after 1:15pm and completed their check-in; everyone completed their check-in process by 1:20PM.

USCIS officer asked any one currently in active military duty taking oath today. Two people raised their hand and they got seated in 1st row. USCIS officer announced that Federal Judge will be coming at anytime and when Judge in the hall, the hall will be converted to the status of federal court room and asked all of us to turn off pagers & cell phones. He also told us that once we complete the oath, we are all full citizens of US and if any one have non citizen kids age 21 or below, the kids will automatically become US citizens due to their dad / mom becoming US citizen.

Judge came in at 1:30 pm.
USCIS officer officially asked judge that out of 322 people in today’s oath, 32 people requested for name change and after careful review of their request USCIS don’t have any objection and requested judge to grant the name change. Judge told she approves all the name change requests.

USCIS officer announced that USCIS carefully reviewed the application for naturalization for all 322 individual and found they are all meet the requirement and well qualified to be us citizens. USCIS officer requested judge to direct clerk to administer oath for all 322. Judge directed clerk to administer oath. We all took oath of allegiance by repeating the words of clerk. Judge congratulated all and advised to register for oath and gave speed about importance of jury duty. Judge left the hall at about 2pm.

USCIS offer announced that once we collect the naturalization certificate to verify all the information (name, date of birth, etc) and notify them immediately or within 2 days for quick correction. We collected the naturalization certificate by giving the ‘checked in oath letter’ to USCIS officers (on a row by row basis people joined the queue to collect the certificate). All the people left the hall by 2:40PM.

8/1/2009 – mailed application
8/21/2009 – finger print
11/17/2009 – completed interview and collected oath letter for 12/17
12/17/2009 – oath

Congratulations!!

I also took the oath yesterday in Faneuil Hall, Boston. Did you sign on the certificate where it says "complete and true signature of the holder" ?

Thanks.

Yesterday, I took oath in Faneuil Hall, Boston.

We reached there at 12:00 noon. A supervisor from USCIS Boston district office gave welcome speech and answered questions from people. All of us checked in with USCIS officers. USCIS officers verified each person’s oath letter, confirmed if any changes (travel, divorce, issue with police, etc) since Interview and verified they have naturalization certificate available for that person. Officer collected GC card (they didn’t ask any other USCIS issued documents from anyone) and stamped “Checked in” in the oath letter. After check-in process (completed at around 1 PM). USCIS officer called names of few people (about 5 or 6 people) who missed the check-in due to late arrival to come forward and complete the check-in process. One or two came after 1:15pm and completed their check-in; everyone completed their check-in process by 1:20PM.

USCIS officer asked any one currently in active military duty taking oath today. Two people raised their hand and they got seated in 1st row. USCIS officer announced that Federal Judge will be coming at anytime and when Judge in the hall, the hall will be converted to the status of federal court room and asked all of us to turn off pagers & cell phones. He also told us that once we complete the oath, we are all full citizens of US and if any one have non citizen kids age 21 or below, the kids will automatically become US citizens due to their dad / mom becoming US citizen.

Judge came in at 1:30 pm.
USCIS officer officially asked judge that out of 322 people in today’s oath, 32 people requested for name change and after careful review of their request USCIS don’t have any objection and requested judge to grant the name change. Judge told she approves all the name change requests.

USCIS officer announced that USCIS carefully reviewed the application for naturalization for all 322 individual and found they are all meet the requirement and well qualified to be us citizens. USCIS officer requested judge to direct clerk to administer oath for all 322. Judge directed clerk to administer oath. We all took oath of allegiance by repeating the words of clerk. Judge congratulated all and advised to register for oath and gave speed about importance of jury duty. Judge left the hall at about 2pm.

USCIS offer announced that once we collect the naturalization certificate to verify all the information (name, date of birth, etc) and notify them immediately or within 2 days for quick correction. We collected the naturalization certificate by giving the ‘checked in oath letter’ to USCIS officers (on a row by row basis people joined the queue to collect the certificate). All the people left the hall by 2:40PM.

8/1/2009 – mailed application
8/21/2009 – finger print
11/17/2009 – completed interview and collected oath letter for 12/17
12/17/2009 – oath

On the way out, I asked the USCIS supervisor who gave the welcome speech and he asked me to write my full name just like the one on my photo.

Another person who signed in regular bank check book way showed him his certificate to him and he told that person that preferred way is to match with the full name written on photo but the regular signature is not a problem(since he already signed in usual signature).

vengat7, was your interview in Boston or Lawrence?

Coconut72, when and where did your interview take place?

TIA.

Thanks. That answers my question.

On the way out, I asked the USCIS supervisor who gave the welcome speech and he asked me to write my full name just like the one on my photo.

Another person who signed in regular bank check book way showed him his certificate to him and he told that person that preferred way is to match with the full name written on photo but the regular signature is not a problem(since he already signed in usual signature).

posted it as a separate thread, but i cant link it i guess because i would need 15 posts minimum i guess, which i dont have :confused:

Anyway, here goes :

Interview was at 2.30pm, arrived by 2.15 and submitted the interview letter to the lady behind the counter and was asked to have a seat

I was then called in a bit after 2.40 for the civic and english part of the interview

The questions were:

Got all of them right, and then was asked to read "When is Columbus day" and asked to write "Columbus day is in October"

Passed this part, and was to have a seat for the N-400 interview. Was called in, was asked to take the oath, officer went thru N-400 questions, marked them off. I was asked for the court dispositions of all traffic citations. Luckily for me, I spent the last month hunting them down and getting them.

I notice that the office took lots and lots of notes, esp around citations (i have two of them in total..just regular speeding tickets) and trips outside the US.

I was then informed that I was recommended for approval. They gave me a green letter stating oath is going to be on March 18, 2010! Three months away!! Seemed a bit far when I notice other DO's it was happening in 1 month!

Good luck all!

Thanks TheWickerMan for your Interview Experience.

BTW, Do we need to produce the Court Dispositions even if we just paid the fine/Points on DL?

I have 4 speeding Tickets from 2001 to 2008 for which I have the actual Tickets and the proof of payment (2 original checks & 1 check image from the Bank). For the 4th one, I only have the original ticket. I am missing the proof of payment.

I will also take the certified driving record from MA (which is basically blank and states that I have no incidents for the past 10 years)

Will these Documents suffice?

Anyone? Please Pitch In?

Thanks in advance.

Anyway, here goes :

The questions were:

Good luck all!

Hi, concerning your comment:

--> You mean.. the officer had already made notes ''before'' the interview meaning they had investigated all your offense/citation record ahead of interview time??
By the way, how can we get a document which proves I don't have any un-paid traffic fines now?? The driving record does not show such information at all.