Boston MA - N-400 TimeLine

Hi, concerning your comment:
I notice that the office took lots and lots of notes, esp around citations (i have two of them in total..just regular speeding tickets) and trips outside the US.

--> You mean.. the officer had already made notes ''before'' the interview meaning they had investigated all your offense/citation record ahead of interview time??
By the way, how can we get a document which proves I don't have any un-paid traffic fines now?? The driving record does not show such information at all.

Hi minammmmmm

I think what TheWickerMan meant was that the Officer took lot of notes during the Interview while speaking with him (noting down as TheWickerMan was speaking)

TheWickerMan - Plz correct if I am wrong.

I think we need to show either the court dispositions or the checks/images to prove that the fines have been paid

He actually took notes during the interview.

He asked me, "Have you even been arrested or been in court", I said "I've never been arrested, but I've been to court for traffic violations" for which he asked me dispositions.

He went thru each disposition in detail, where the incident happened, to make sure no arrests were made, and he took detailed notes and marked them down in the N-400. Information such as speed, date time, did i pay the fine, was i found guilty/not guilty etc..

He also took away the dispositions and filed them as part of my file.

Explorer19 - Even if you have paid the fine, I would recommend you contact the court and obtain an official disposition. Just to play it safe in terms of paperwork.

My interview was in JFK building,Boston on 10/28/09. I had to wait more than a month for the oath but is done finally.

I posted my interview experience in this website. Just search on my name.( right clik on my username).

I am not allowed to post the link it, yet.

vengat7, was your interview in Boston or Lawrence?

Coconut72, when and where did your interview take place?

TIA.

updating my signature.. my interview is on Jan 14, 2010.

I received the interview letter.. however, did not receive the "Yellow letter".. did anyone have the same experience.. I did receive something with the Interview Letter showing a checklist of documents to bring at the interview..

Thanks
S

Did my fingerprinting today in Boston. Had a 12 noon appointment, arrived 11.55 am and was done and out by 12.10 pm. Very smooth, not crowded at all.

I received the interview letter.. however, did not receive the "Yellow letter".. did anyone have the same experience.. I did receive something with the Interview Letter showing a checklist of documents to bring at the interview..

Thanks
S

Me too. I did not receive yellow letter. Looks like USCIS is turning green.

Posted interview details on another thread. Here is the timeline

DO: Lawrence, MA
Time line:
09/26/09 Applied for N-400 (5 year GC based)
09/28/09 Priority Date
10/22/09 Biometrics (Finger Prints)
11/10/09 Transfered to local office
11/17/09 Scheduled for Interview 12/22
12/22/09 Interview
03/04/10 Oath Date

Posted interview details on another thread. Here is the timeline

DO: Lawrence, MA
Time line:
09/26/09 Applied for N-400 (5 year GC based)
09/28/09 Priority Date
10/22/09 Biometrics (Finger Prints)
11/10/09 Transfered to local office
11/17/09 Scheduled for Interview 12/22
12/22/09 Interview
03/04/10 Oath Date

Congratulations DoneInMarch

Can you please post the link to your Interview thread?
I have my Interview in Lawrence, MA on 14 Jan

Interview experience in Boston JFK Building

Here is my interview experience.

Reached JFK Building at about 1:40 pm.
1. Undergone a airport type of security check (5 minutes)
2. Reached interview hall E170 and dropped the interview letter as instructed by receptionist.
3. An officer called my name at 2:45 pm and gave me English and Civics tests.

Civic questions are some thing like below:
a) What war took place during 1900
b) What is the name of chief justice of Supreme Court
c) How many house of representatives
d) How many years a senator can serve
e) Father of United States
f) I forgot the last question... sorry

English Test.
The IO asked me to read "Who is the first president of United States" and also asked me to write "George Washington is the first president of United States"

The IO smiled and told me you have passed the History and English test and asked me to proceed to hall E-160 and wait ther until my name is called.

My name was called at 3:15 pm and the IO went through all questions like did you commit crimes/jail/terrorism/communist etc.
He has reviewed all the pages in a thick booklet and then put a stamp of APPROVED and congratulated me.

I waited for 15 more minutes again outside and got a green letter specifying the Oath date 03/25/2010 (i.e. after three months).

Other tips:
a) I drove to Quincy Adams and parked my car there and took subway to reach JFK Building.
b) Officers are very nice and professionals.

Good luck to all.

Timeline:
09/20/2009 - N-400 Mailed
09/24/2009 - Notification/Priority Date
09/29/2009 - Notification Received
10/01/2009 - Finger Printing Notification Date
10/20/2009 - Finger Printing done as per scheduled date
11/12/2009 - Re Finger Printing done (do not know why the re-finger print)
11/26/2009 - Transferred to Local Office for an Interview
11/30/2009 - Recieved Interview Document Check list
12/29/2009 - Interview Date (self) @Boston
12/30/2009 - Interview Date (spouse) @Boston
03/25/2010 - Oath Date
xx/xx/xxxx - ID Applied
xx/xx/xxxx - ID Received

------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is my wife's interview experience. It was much faster for my wife. The interview was scheduled at 8:30 am. We drove directly to Boston and entered JFK building at 7:45 am. Surprisingly I got the street meter parking slot just besides JFK building as it was a holiday week.

1. We have undergone the security check (5 minutes)
2. We dropped the interview letter in window - 1 of hall E-170
3. My wife was been called in at 8:15 am for English and Civic tests and was been asked for Green Card.

English test:
She was been asked to read "My family lives in United States" and she was been asked to write "We are Happy Family"

Civics:
1. Who is the commander-in chief of Unites States Army ?
2. What is capital of Massachusetts ?
3. How many senators are there ?
4. Name one author of the Constitution
5. What are the first 10 amendents called as
6. Name one state that has border with Canada

After she passed these tests, she was been directed to proceed to E-160 and to wait for her named to be called.
She was been called for N-400 interview withing five minutes i.e. at 8:35 am. She was been asked to produce Green Card and passports.

The same questions were been asked for my wife too (i.e. all questions from N-400 form). It seems it took a while for officer to check passports and travel dates as she had visited India 3 times in last five years (1 to 2 months summer vacation each time). After he verified all the travel dates and the thick booklet, she was been stamped as APPROVED.

We waited for 15 minutes in waiting hall after the interview and we got the oath letter scheduled for 3/25/2009 (i.e. same as my oath date). We were at our car by 9:15 am and were at home by 10:00 am as there was no traffic on both i-93 and i-95 due to holiday week.

Good luck to all.

Last edited by a moderator:

2. Reached interview hall E170 and dropped the interview letter as instructed by receptionist.

English Test.
The IO asked me to read "Who is the first president of United States" and also asked me to write "George Washington is the first president of United States"

The IO smiled and told me you have passed the History and English test and asked me to proceed to hall E-160 and wait ther until my name is called.

My name was called at 3:15 pm and the IO went through all questions like did you commit crimes/jail/terrorism/communist etc.
He has reviewed all the pages in a thick booklet and then put a stamp of APPROVED and congratulated me.

I waited for 15 more minutes again outside and got a green letter specifying the Oath date 03/25/2010 (i.e. after three months).

Other tips:
a) I drove to Quincy Adams and parked my car there and took subway to reach JFK Building.

Good luck to all.

Timeline:
03/25/2010 - Oath Date
xx/xx/xxxx - ID Applied
xx/xx/xxxx - ID Received

Congrats!!! I had my interview at the JFK on 12/1/09 and I can't believe they have to give us an appointment for oath date after 3 months.

English Test.

Other tips:

Good luck to all.

Timeline:
03/25/2010 - Oath Date
xx/xx/xxxx - ID Applied
xx/xx/xxxx - ID Received

Congratulations gcMeansWait

Plz update your wife's interview experience later today.

Only few good people in this forum thread

From what i see a very few good people care about sharing the experiences and information in this Boston timeline. The rest are all douche bag's just viewing the forums. I have reason to put my words like this.

1. If you compare the people who are really nice and who share their experiences. Only may be 10 - 20.

2. Look at the Boston n400 timeline thread 60 views.

3. Look at my previous post where i was told when i visited Boston DO that they are interviewing 144 people ( May be they are tell me that their office is taking care of 144 people from all different application not alone N 400). where are all those god damn people and why not post their experiences.

4. Lets say there are only few (may 10-20 ) people who go for interview each day in Boston. Then why Boston is taking 3 months for oath???.

5. Ok some one posted in this thread they have a interview on 01/28/2010. why can't Boston DO just send us all to that ceremony.

Sorry my frustration for waiting i can't wait to travel and i love travelling for long long time thats my passion.

Rekha

Maybe there's just not that many folks that have applied from the Boston DO that are members of this forum.

I do wonder why its taking 3 months for interviews in this area, but in the grand scheme of things 2-3 months more in the process is not that much.

Its shame to you all of you why?????

cos in this forum everybody is so shamed and living in cocoon mentioning that only the people who are going to war in iraq deserves to have expedited process of becoming us citizens from expedited oath or expedited us citizenship process.

I don't agree, cos Obama came into administration, his campaign says they want to reduce troops to Iraq.

I am not a iraqi citizen i only want to to fight for human rights and truth thats the true meaning of Proud USA AMERICAN, nothing else.

rest of all of you god bless you all.

Its a shame to you and its shame to district offices who sing that slogan.

From what i see a very few good people care about sharing the experiences and information in this Boston timeline. The rest are all douche bag's just viewing the forums. I have reason to put my words like this.

1. If you compare the people who are really nice and who share their experiences. Only may be 10 - 20.

2. Look at the Boston n400 timeline thread 60 views.

3. Look at my previous post where i was told when i visited Boston DO that they are interviewing 144 people ( May be they are tell me that their office is taking care of 144 people from all different application not alone N 400). where are all those god damn people and why not post their experiences.

4. Lets say there are only few (may 10-20 ) people who go for interview each day in Boston. Then why Boston is taking 3 months for oath???.

5. Ok some one posted in this thread they have a interview on 01/28/2010. why can't Boston DO just send us all to that ceremony.

Sorry my frustration for waiting i can't wait to travel and i love travelling for long long time thats my passion.

Rekha

I think it stincks to be waiting for oath for over 3 months while the process takes about three months to be completed. Actually on my oath date I asked the person in front of the desk about why it takes so long for a oath date, she said that all the other days were full. I hope that's true. Some states have same day oath. I believe the JFK has an auditorium equipped for oath ceremonies. I'm reading a post from a forum member who was approved, took oath the same day and got his US passport the next day. I'm approved on 12/1/09 and have to wait 3 months and 10 days. What a life of waiting?

come join me to visit the senator of your county.

Does anyone have the guts to join with me to go to the senator to address the issue of late Oath dates in Boston.

Thanks
S

Hi sanjay76

My Interview is on 14 Jan2010 too @ Lawrence, MA (9:30 AM)
Is ur interview at Boston or Lawrence?
Also What is ur GC anniversary date?
I also did not receive the Yellow Letter yet

DO: Boston, MA
Time line:
10/28/09 Applied for N-400 (5 year GC based)
11/18/09 Biometrics (Finger Prints)
12/31/09 Transfered to local office
1/2/10 Recd Letter for Interview
2/2/10 Interview @ Boston, MA

Last edited by a moderator: