Boston MA - N-400 TimeLine

Hi everyone! I just did my interview last monday and to God be the glory it went well. My oath is @ fenuil hall in boston on Dec 17.... Can't wait to start preparation to bring my fiance over cuz. She is due in late april, hopefully I finalized everything before she is due. Thanks everyone for all the help and love.

Guys don't worry about the delay after FP. I waited for almost 2months after my FP to get my interview date. This is my timeline again: mailed in n400 -- 07/28/09. Received confirm -- 8/6/09. FP notice --- 8/12/09. FP. ----- 8/24/09. YP ---10/01/09. IL---- 10/16/09. ID---- 11/17/09 passed. OATH DATE --- 12/17/09

My wife is going through N-400 process and right now we are waiting for her interview letter. We received the yellow letter on November 10. How long does it take to receive the interview letter after receiving the yellow letter?

I hope, you can see our timeline in the signature. Her local office is in Boston.

Abbeeydcool, congratulations to you and hope you can bring your fiance as soon as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am calling it yellow letter, as this one page letter is completely yellow. It basically say "unless previously submitted, please bring the following into your interview. Do not mail them..."etc.

Then at the end it says "Bring all passports and travel documents (including expired and current) issued to you by any govt."

"if you are applying for naturalization on the basis of marriage to a US citizen, bring tax returns transcripts of last 3 years."

I think, this letter is sent to everyone prior to interview letter. So I just want to know how long does it take to receive the interview letter after one has received the yellow letter.

Hi everyone -- Looks like the interview letters are starting to come out for early-mid September filers. Almost exactly three months in the process.

Guys don't worry about the delay after FP. I waited for almost 2months after my FP to get my interview date. This is my timeline again: mailed in n400 -- 07/28/09. Received confirm -- 8/6/09. FP notice --- 8/12/09. FP. ----- 8/24/09. YP ---10/01/09. IL---- 10/16/09. ID---- 11/17/09 passed. OATH DATE --- 12/17/09

Hi Abbeycool

Where was you interview? Boston or Lawrence?

I did mine before you in lawrence and got Jan for Oath

Interview done. Was a breeze

Aug 14th - N-400 application sent to Lewisville, TX
Aug 20th - Application received by USCIS
Aug 20th - Priority date
Aug 23st - Check encashed
Aug 25th - I797C Notice of Action Received with Case #
Aug 26th - FP letter received Appointment on Sept 15th in Lawrence
Sep 15th - FP appointment in Lawrence MA
Sep 11th - FP appointment rescheduling letter received because office is closed on 15th
Sep 29th - FP done. In and out in 10 minutes, very professional, courteous and efficient staff. Yes that is correct. Cant believe how easy and efficient the whole thing was. Parking is a problem. Parked on the street.
Oct 17th - Interview letter received
Nov 19th - Interview @ Lawrence Ma

Interview was at 930am.
Arrived at 925.
Was called in at 927

The officer was very nice and courteous. She went over the application. Making sure that I confirmed all the stuff I filled out in the application. e.g. Do you live at such and such and such. No big deal. All trivial stuff.

Then she asked to read one line of normal english.
I read that. She asked what the answer was. I answered it. She said write it down. I did. That was the end of the english test.
The question was
What do we pay to the govenment.
The answer I gave was Taxes
She said good write it.
I wrote it.

Then the history test she asked 7 questions out of the book. I answered them.
She asked will I bare arms for US.
I said I am a pacifist and have problem with baring arms for anyone.
She said what if it is for non-combative situation.
And I said sure
She said great.

That was the end of it.

She asked to wait outside, she said another officer will go over the file. She is going to recommend to the other officer that I passed the interview.

2 minutes later another officer came.
He said congratulations
Please go for Oath Ceremony Jan 21st in Faneull Hall Boston.

I was back in my car at 945

Yes the whole thing took 25 minutes.

It was such a breeze.

Applications are moving on Thanksgiving Holiday!!!

Timeline:
09/20/2009 - N-400 Mailed
09/24/2009 - Notification/Priority Date
09/29/2009 - Notification Received
10/01/2009 - Finger Printing Notification Date
10/20/2009 - Finger Printing done as per scheduled date
11/12/2009 - Re Finger Printing done (do not know why the re-finger print)
11/26/2009 - Transferred to Local Office for an Interview
11/30/2009 - Recieved Interview Document Check list
12/29/2009 - Interview Date (self) @Boston
12/30/2009 - Interview Date (spouse) @Boston
xx/xx/xxxx - Oath Taken
xx/xx/xxxx - ID Applied
xx/xx/xxxx - ID Received

It is started moving again as my spouse had to go for re-finger printing. It is great the USCIS is working on Thanksgiving holidays !! as I received an email today saying that both of our applications have been transferred to local office for an interview.

Happy Thanksgiving to all and to USCIS !!! USCIS is wonderful.

Sent for Standard Interview

Case has been transferred to Local Office

Received E-Mail/SMS @ 3:45 AM today.

Wondering if the Interview is set up before/after my 5 Year Anniversary of GC (18 Jan 2005)

went to local office BFO to check whether they can expedite the interview

Hi All,

Today i visited local Boston office and my IL date is Jan 07, 2010. Tried to get some expedited interview date even before that date, but no luck.

Here are my experiences.

1. The officer told me that they are not conducting any interviews after Dec 11 2009, which seems to be a lie as from this forum i saw couple of people having interviews in last weeks of Dec 09.

2. The officer told me that they won't receive my file until one week earlier to my IL date, He acted as if he is really might have squeezed a time slot for me to earlier IL date. Its also a lie from the officer. I am going to call uscis to check whether my file is really not sent.

3. The officer told me that they are interviewing 144 people each day in Boston office that means on an average 40 people by each officer if i assume they are 4 interview officers. So that means each officer is going to work full 8 hours of his work day. I hope govt is paying them lot.

4. I asked about the time line about oath and he said who ever has interview done today are getting oath dates in Mar 2010. As he said its not in the hands of boston office to get oath dates and only from local courts who organize the oath ceremonies across MA.

Any suggestions, frustrations please reply.

Thanks,
Rekha

Hi All,

Today i visited local Boston office and my IL date is Jan 07, 2010. Tried to get some expedited interview date even before that date, but no luck.

Here are my experiences.

1. The officer told me that they are not conducting any interviews after Dec 11 2009, which seems to be a lie as from this forum i saw couple of people having interviews in last weeks of Dec 09.

2. The officer told me that they won't receive my file until one week earlier to my IL date, He acted as if he is really might have squeezed a time slot for me to earlier IL date. Its also a lie from the officer. I am going to call uscis to check whether my file is really not sent.

3. The officer told me that they are interviewing 144 people each day in Boston office that means on an average 40 people by each officer if i assume they are 4 interview officers. So that means each officer is going to work full 8 hours of his work day. I hope govt is paying them lot.

4. I asked about the time line about oath and he said who ever has interview done today are getting oath dates in Mar 2010. As he said its not in the hands of boston office to get oath dates and only from local courts who organize the oath ceremonies across MA.

Thanks,
Rekha

Point 4 seem to be correct - Boston is way back in Oath scheduling
I w' nt consider others as out right lie either

Boston is way back in Oath scheduling

I would say Massachusetts is way back in Oath scheduling. Most people on this forum who don't have the same day oath, take oath in a couple of weeks or in a month. I had my interview on November 9 and Oath will be January 28--two and a half months!

We have to be careful during this waiting time. Try not to get a traffic ticket because if we get one, we have to pay and insurance will go up -- no time before the Oath to dispute it in court.

Still.. We are in the best state!

mass people has something wrong

Mass is the only forum where people respond very little. I say that because if you look at the responses in this site may be one or two in a day.

Hi All,

Here are my experiences.

Thanks,
Rekha

My interview was on 12/1/09. My OD will be on 3/10/10. I asked about the oath date on why it is far behind, the lady at the desk told me that from December to March is aready book off. I want to know if there is a way to move up the OD

n 400 question

Does anyone know where the files will go after we send the n400 application to Lewisville Tx lock box facility.

Does anyone have suggestions or phone numbers where i can get the info. I called uscis and they said my file is in OHIO i don't know whether its support center or some other uscis office.

Help please.

Rekha

Does anyone know where the files will go after we send the n400 application to Lewisville Tx lock box facility.

Does anyone have suggestions or phone numbers where i can get the info. I called uscis and they said my file is in OHIO i don't know whether its support center or some other uscis office.

Help please.

Rekha

Is there any particular reason you are frantic to get everything expedited? Did you try explaining that to the USCIS officer(s) you have been talking to? If there is nothing truly urgent about it, I'd advise you to relax and go with the flow. You've waited many years for this, what's a few more months?