Boston MA - N-400 TimeLine

To Answer Boston Cool and Explorer19 questions

There is no concept of same day oath in this office although they are equipped with a ceremony room , we still have to go to Boston for Oath!.. 'Yes its Jan' I guess due to Holiday season the Govt seems to get relaxed!!

There *is* a concept of same day oath in Lawrence, MA - according to the immigration officer that interviewed me today - it is limited to someone heading off to Iraq/Afghanistan (or situations like that)

Received FP notice yesterday

DO : Boston, MA

10/24/2009: N400 Mailed to TX
10/26/2009: Received in Lewisville, TX
11/02/2009: Check cashed
10/27/2009: Priority Date
10/27/2009: Notice Date
11/7/2009 : FP Notice
11/20/2009 : FP Date
xx/xx/2009: Send to Standard Interview
xx/xx/2009: IL Letter
xx/xx/2009: IL date
xx/xx/2009: OD letter
xx/xx/2009: OD date

Last edited by a moderator:
Online Status Change - SMS Text & E-Mail received @ 5 AM EST regarding RFE (FP Notice most probably) mailed on 9 Nov

Details updated in signature

LUD Change again today (11/11)
Details updated in Signature

I wonder how come the LUD got changed today as today is Veteran's day and a USCIS Holiday

07/29/09 -- Mail my n400 fron to vermount
08/05/09 --- NOA received
08/12/09 -- received FP Notice
10/15/09 -- LOI received
11/17/09 -- ID date (..........)
XXXX ---- Oath date

Received FP Notice today
FP Date: 23 Nov 2009 (1 PM) @ Boston, MA (170 Portland St)

Details updated in Signature

Question:

Until now I thought my DO is Lawrence, MA (Checked on USCIS site using Zip Code)
But the FP Notice asks me to go to Boston ASC @ 170 Portland St
Does that mean my DO is Boston and not Lawrence?

Appreciate your response

Hi

Did anyone have their FP done in Boston (170 Portland St)?
If so, Howz the location?
accessibility from North Station (is it walkable distance)? Waiting Times etc? How long will the whole FP process take?

Hi

accessibility from North Station (is it walkable distance)? Waiting Times etc? How long will the whole FP process take?

You may want to drive in - there is a parking garage at the intersection of Merrimack st/Chardon St/market st - it's a major intersection. It was quite convenient - I think we paid $5 or something in that order.

Cheers
Ash29

Received my oath letter yesterday ... my wife finished her interview as well. Oath ceremony scheduled for Jan 28th, 2010. Complete timeline details below:

N-400 details
-------------
- Filing Office - Boston, MA
- 5 years after GC

Timeline
--------
Aug 13th, 2009 - N-400 application sent to Lewisville, TX
Aug 18th, 2009 - Application received by USCIS
Aug 18th, 2009 - Priority date
Aug 21st, 2009 - Check encashed
Aug 24th, 2009 - I797C Notice of Action Received with Case #
Aug 25th, 2009 - Online status changed to "Request for Evidence"
Aug 29th, 2009 - I797C Notice of Action Recd - FP Appointment on Sept 12th
Sep 9th, 2009 - Early walk in FP completed - done in 10 mins
Sep 23rd, 2009 - Online status changed to "Send to local DO for standard interview" for self
Sep 26th, 2009 - Received Interview letter for self
Oct 1st, 2009 - Online status changed to "Send to local DO for standard interview" for wife
Oct 5th, 2009 - Received Interview letter for wife
Nov 4th, 2009 - Interview date for self @ Lawrence, MA office / Completed - Approved
Nov 12th, 2009 - Interview date for Wife @ Lawrence, MA office / Completed - Approved / Oath letter delivered by hand
Nov 13th, 2009 - Oath letter for self received by mail
Jan 28th, 2010 - Oath ceremony @ Lowell, MA

You may want to drive in - there is a parking garage at the intersection of Merrimack st/Chardon St/market st - it's a major intersection. It was quite convenient - I think we paid $5 or something in that order.

Cheers
Ash29

Hi ash29

I work in downtown Boston and I take the T to work.

There *is* a concept of same day oath in Lawrence, MA - according to the immigration officer that interviewed me today - it is limited to someone heading off to Iraq/Afghanistan (or situations like that)

It is only meant for people who have to go to war etc.. and you and I don't qualify for it and people who go to war are minuscule when compared to rest of the n-400 folks..

Hi

Not sure if I am late answering you..

There is a cheap parking provided you get a stamp on your parking ticket $1 for 2 hrs in boston, This is the parking on top of Haymarket T station, when you park there take the ticket with you and just buy like a bottle of water or something from Adams pizza that is behind this parking and get a stamp for free from them... north station is a stone throw away from this place.. FP process took me 20 min and same for spouse. hope that helps...

Not sure if I am late answering you..

There is a cheap parking provided you get a stamp on your parking ticket $1 for 2 hrs in boston, This is the parking on top of Haymarket T station, when you park there take the ticket with you and just buy like a bottle of water or something from Adams pizza that is behind this parking and get a stamp for free from them... north station is a stone throw away from this place.. FP process took me 20 min and same for spouse. hope that helps...

Thanks beekay100

I work in downtown Boston and I take the T to work.
I won't be driving

Turned down for Early FP @ Boston (170 Portland St)

Tried to do Early FP today at 12 Noon (Actual Appmt Dt: Mon, 23 Nov 09, 1 PM)

There were hardly 3 to 4 people

However she changed the on Monday from 1 PM to 8 AM and also gave me the Applicant Information Worksheet (AIW) to fill at home and bring it back on Monday. She also stamped my Appmt Letter so as to indicate that the FP was completed on 11/23.

BTW they also gave me the Citizenship Booklet & CD

Guess I wasn't lucky