Boston MA - N-400 TimeLine

Thank you Vettipuls and Sivachintamani. This is encouraging. Can't wait for my interview on 7/22.

It is very important to have out of state citation certification from court. My one ticket was from Arizona and initial they sent me without certification and USCIS rejected it hence I have to get it certified.
Thank you! I just received the certifie court citation. This is why your info save me some precious time. Now I am in the process of getting the RMV certifie driving record. Thanks

FP Done

My FP was done on Saturday at 170 Portland st, Boston. I went one hr earlier, but they let me in with out any issues, parked the car right infront of the building (street parking). I have my maiden name on every thing including SSN, DL and GC, but I have applied for N-400 with my married last name. So carried my marriage certificate incase they ask. But they didn't check any thing. I was out in 15 minutes.

Now the wait for interview letter starts.
- JS.

As part of the application I provided details of name change? You can change at the time of interview. It can delay but not sure. Unlike Texas they even allow same day oath. Here in MA oath is presided by a judge hence name change will not delay your oath.

Do you know how to get a copy of travel record. I have misplace my passport and I don't remember some of my travel dates. I travelled once to Canada by land and it is not require stamp of entry at the border. I forgot that date also. Your input is well apreciated.

Interview postponed

Hi Folks,

Hubby's interview was postponed today. The IO called him and since FBI name check got cleared so soon, his interview was scheduled by mistake before he completes 5 years after GC. She said that they will be mailing out a new interview letter for him soon. Bummer!

Interview Letter Received

I have received Interview letter yesterday. It lists the documents to bring, Interview Letter, GC, Passport and/or any documents I have used when entering the country. Now it is time to prepare for civics test.

- JS.

Lowell Auditorium parking

Does anyone have any suggestions about the best place to park near the Lowell Memorial Auditorium in Lowell, MA? Any input would be appreciated. Never been to the area, let alone to the Auditorium..

Hi Folks,

Hubby's interview was postponed today. The IO called him and since FBI name check got cleared so soon, his interview was scheduled by mistake before he completes 5 years after GC. She said that they will be mailing out a new interview letter for him soon. Bummer!

Sorry to hear that. May be now you both will get same day interview. Please keep us posted on interview.

- JS.

Thank you. The whole process took a bit longer than 3 and a half months for me. Applied at the beginning of March, had the interview at the beginning of June, and just took the oath in Lowell. Good luck to you. It feels good to be at the end of this journey--though everything went by pretty smoothly and quickly.

Thank you. The whole process took a bit longer than 3 and a half months for me. Applied at the beginning of March, had the interview at the beginning of June, and just took the oath in Lowell. Good luck to you. It feels good to be at the end of this journey--though everything went by pretty smoothly and quickly.

Thank you.
Yep, I bet it feels good to end the immigration journey. I am really anxious about my interview, can't wait to get it over with.
-JS.

Hi All

Interview done, approved and received Oath letter for July 4, 2009.

IO asked usual questions from application, asked for Marriage Certificate as well.

Six Questions asked were

1. September 11 :-(
2. 13 Stripes
3. Ocean in west coast
4. Supreme Law of Land
5. Minimum age to vote
6. # of amendments

Also, was asked to read How many senators are there, and write the answer :).

It took less than 10 minutes.

Hi All

Interview done, approved and received Oath letter for July 4, 2009.

IO asked usual questions from application, asked for Marriage Certificate as well.

It took less than 10 minutes.

Congratulations Abhay.
Can you please share whether your application is 5yr LPR or 3 yr LPR? Also, any other documents were asked?
Good luck with your oath ceremony.
- JS.

Congratulations Abhay.
Can you please share whether your application is 5yr LPR or 3 yr LPR? Also, any other documents were asked?
Good luck with your oath ceremony.
- JS.

Thanks JSlade

My application was based on 5yr LPR.

JSlade,

As you can see from my update signature, Hubby's interview is now scheduled for Aug 13th. He is slightly miffed that you applied a month after him and are scheduled for interview one day before him. I keep telling him that it is his punishment for getting his name cleared so quickly ;) :p

JSlade,

As you can see from my update signature, Hubby's interview is now scheduled for Aug 13th. He is slightly miffed that you applied a month after him and are scheduled for interview one day before him. I keep telling him that it is his punishment for getting his name cleared so quickly ;) :p

What is one month, compared to 10+ years of immigration journey :)

On the bright side, I will promptly update my interivew experience as soon as I am done, he might get some pointers for his interview since it is just one day later.

Good luck to you for your interview.
-JS.