Boston MA - N-400 TimeLine

I completed my FP on 6/13, so its close to a month and i have not received
interview letter.
I called USCIS today and talked to IO, she said my application is under process,
did not give any details.

How do i find more detail on status of my application?

What is average time after FP to get IL?

thanks
rawnak

Rawnak,

From my signature you can see that I received the IL about 29 days after my FP. I did make an Infopass appointment to enquire about my IL cause my husband had received it much before me. Just that my name check took a while to clear and apparently I had two files but thankfully with the same A# and it all worked out. If it would ease your mind and it is not hard for you, make an infopass appointment. But I'm sure your IL is on its way. Good luck!

Thanks JSlade!! I just saw your wishes! As you can see from my signature, I passed the test today!!!!! And got the oath letter for Aug 13th in Fanueil Hall. Here is how my interview experience went.

Interview was scheduled for 2:30 PM. I arrived at the JFK building around 1:55. Had to pass my phone, pager and bag thru the metal detector and then arrived at room # E170. You do not have to check in with the person sitting at the entrance of the room and go directly to Window 1. A lady took my interview letter and asked me to take a seat. There are four cubicles along the wall in the room itself and one of the four IOs collects your file from window 1 and calls out your name. So I would recommend either sitting near Window 1 or near the cubicles, because they do not use the microphone to call the names. Once my name was called in, around 2:25, I went to the cubicle. The IO there asked me to read a sentence "How many senators are there?" and asked me to write "There are 100 senators." He then asked me the following questions:
  • What is the rule of the law?
  • What happened on 9/11?
  • Which ocean is on West Coast?
I'll update the other questions as I remember. Needless to say, they were easy. This took about 5-10 mins and after that he confirmed that I passed the test and now I have to go to E160. Went there around 2:30-2:35 and waited till about 3:10 to be called by another IO. The IO was very friendly and very nicely. We greeted each other and he said that he was better now because I was his last case and that he had some strange cases that day. I told him I hoped that I was not one of them and he smiled and said that my case looked good. Just in conversation, he asked general question:
  • Do you pay taxes?
  • Do you owe any back tax?
  • Have you ever been arrested?
  • Have you ever been stopped when you were driving?
  • Do you travel out of the country a lot?
  • How many trips have you taken in the last 5 years?
He asked to see my GC and Passport and only looked at my GC. Also, I had not requested a name change when I filed the application. But asked him, if I could request a name change now and he was nice enough to agree to it. So we made the change in the application and he had me fill out another form for name change.
Through out the interview, I was a little bit nervous and he put me at ease. Overall, it was a pleasant experience. Once it was completed, he stamped a big fat approved on my application and told me to take a seat out side and that they will call my name.
Once outside, I waited for another 15 mins for my file to come to the lady sitting out in the waiting area. Once she got the file, she called out my name, had me write my new name on my photos, gave me the Oath letter and asked me to show up on Aug 13th with my GC.

It is a huge relief now that the interview is over. Thanks for everyone's support.

Thanks JSlade!! I just saw your wishes! As you can see from my signature, I passed the test today!!!!! And got the oath letter for Aug 13th in Fanueil Hall.

CONGRATS, I am so happy for you :)

Your post is very detailed, I can almost see the setup, the cubes and every thing. Looks like your oath is the same day on your husband's interivew, will he be able to attend your oath?

I have one question, I heard that if your cell phone has camera in it, you are not supposed to take it inside, is that true in Boston? My cell does have built-in camera, but I still want to take it (even leaving at security would be fine), because my husband will be dropping me that day, with out cell it would be hard for me to communicate when to pick me up.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, and once again congratulations.

-JS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx JSlade. My phone had camera and I did not have any trouble taking it with me.

Hubby's interview is in the morning, so I'm hoping that he would be able to attend the oath.

Good luck with your interview and I hope you get oath letter for 8/13 as well.

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to find out how many people are waiting for their IL ? I had my fingerprint done on July 7th 2009 and had not received any IL yet. I am not in a hurry but I am just afraid that the mail might get lost or something like that. Is there anyone who had fingerprint in July and still waiting for IL? Please respond. If there are people waiting then I can be quiet .... Thank you.

a question

That really worked. Thanks a lot. And I already got my interview date. Boston is doing very well indeed these days.

My interview date is at the beginning of June. Do you guys think I can complete the Oath by early July?

Also, for those who know the Boston office area, is there convenient parking somewhere nearby?

hi, how did you find out the date ? did you call the Boston Office? Thank you for your help.

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to find out how many people are waiting for their IL ? I had my fingerprint done on July 7th 2009 and had not received any IL yet. I am not in a hurry but I am just afraid that the mail might get lost or something like that. Is there anyone who had fingerprint in July and still waiting for IL? Please respond. If there are people waiting then I can be quiet .... Thank you.

Please post your timeline in the signature, so that we can compare each other's time lines. Follow the sticky 'Posting application timeline' for instructions.

Usually it is taking between 2-4 weeks after FP to receive IL.

Interview at Lawrence, MA

Hi,

My interview is scheduled at USCIS Lawrence, MA.
Looks like this office opened in early June.
Anybody has interview experience at this location.
Please share

thanks
rawnak

Hi Annamaria,

my IL took 5 weeks to come, so be patient.
wait a week or 2 then u can call 1-800 number to get status from 2nd level IO.

good luck
--rawnak

Hello everyone,

Hi,

My interview is scheduled at USCIS Lawrence, MA.
Looks like this office opened in early June.
Anybody has interview experience at this location.
Please share

thanks
rawnak

Hi Rawnak,
Thank you for response. About that new office--do you live near Lawrence?
Otherwise why would they send you there?
Thank you

Annamaria,

I live in Lowell area, hence it is closer to Lawrence.

--rawnak

Last edited by a moderator:
Case File Review Notice Received

So, I received this yellow check list notice on
Aug 1,2009 ,stating that i must bring some ad-l papers to the interview but it does not give the interview date. Looks like i have to wait another month to get the interview date. What a bureaucracy!!!

Any one interviewed recently in Boston?

My interview is coming up in couple of days, and really nervous about the process. If any one had an interview recently in Boston, can you please post your experience?

Thanks.

JSlade,

If your case is a straight forward case, you have nothing to be nervous about. Everything will go fine. Just relax and answer the questions calmly. You will be fine. Good luck!