Boston MA - N-400 TimeLine

Congratulations mmsoba

Any idea why your oath date is so far out ? I'm seeing a trend with OD being pushed out farther and farther from ID ...

Any thoughts ?

Thanks R2I2005.

Actually my guess is that the Oaths are getting filled up pretty quickly. I am making this assumption based on the fact that the interview room was packed (on 12/08/08 morning), and as people were leaving that room (for the couple of hours that we noticed) alot of them had the 'pink' oath letter notice with them. I am not sure if the interview happens every single day. My guess is that the oath are getting filled up, so there may be a 2-3 month lag after the interview.

I finally received my Oath notice in mail too. My date is Jan 29th 09 and the Oath is in Atkinson NH. I guess the next issue would be passport as I am travelling on Feb 3rd.

interview and oath in another state?

I realized here that a number of people are taking their oaths in another state and not in MA. So even though Boston DO processes naturalization applications for MA residents, the interview and/or the oath may take place in another state? Is this correct? I wonder how that affects the timing.

I think we can be interviewed anywhere in the Vermont Jurisdiction. The DO interviewing me did comment that we r in the fastest processing jurisdiction! Luck us! In my case I filed on 9/10/08 and Oath will be on 01/29/09 so only 4 months!

Request Oath location?

Do you guys know after the interview we can request another oath location with lesser wait time ?

H

You can request it, but it doesn't mean they will fall through with request.
Once your case is approved it is placed into oath queue for scheduling. I'm guessing they schedule oaths by zip code, but that they can override that.
Schedule an Infopass to put in your request.

I think we can be interviewed anywhere in the Vermont Jurisdiction. The DO interviewing me did comment that we r in the fastest processing jurisdiction! Luck us! In my case I filed on 9/10/08 and Oath will be on 01/29/09 so only 4 months!

Which one is the fastest processing jurisdiction? The Boston office? I thought that's the office that processes all naturalization applications and does the interviews for MA residents? Isn't that correct?

MA NH CT VT all fall in Vermont. I am not so sure how they decide where to do the Oath cermony as my Husband and I got int. same date and time but he had his Oath last week in Boston and mine is in Nh end of Jan.

Westford which u can say is at equal distance from Boston and Manchester. But really my case got approved and thats what counts I am willing to go to Alaska for Oath too :) (May be in Summer though:)

taking the oath in another state is one thing, having your interview in some other state is another. does that mean that some other office besides Boston may process your case? that's what I'm wondering.

All the people who were waiting for interview with us were from MA and we had interview in NH so as far as I know the answer is yes

Hi guys,
I got my fingerprint notice on Saturday and it is scheduled to a next Saturday - exactly a week from now and also one of the extremely few Saturdays I'm not going to be around. I can however go there this week as I'm not working this week. I have 3 questions:
1)Does anybody know if the office is open this week (Dec 29 2008)
2) what are the hours of operation of Boston Portland st. office?
3) Does anybody have any experience as of coming there earlier/not on the time scheduled?
I did this few times before when I was waiting for my GC, but it was 5 years ago so I don't know if anything changed.

Fingerprinting

We got our fingerprinting done, 12/20 as planned. We did enquire about
people with appointments coming in earlier than their due date. The lady
upfront, who reviews appointment letters, advised us that they do
not encourage people to do that. However, she indicated that if you miss
your appointment, then you can come in Wednesday's for walk-in FP.

The day we went, there were probably 2 or 3 other people in the lobby
waiting. Our appointment was at 1pm, but we went in around 12.40pm
and completed the whole thing in less than 15mins.

I'm not sure if the office is open this week, but I don't see why it would
not be. If you are close enough then drive up Mon or Tuesday and take
your chances. They maybe closed Thursday and Friday. Unfortunately there
is no way of calling them to find out. I'm told there is a ph#, but no one
answers when you call ...

Good luck,

Hi

I am new here. Just put my data in as a reference point for others. I sent our application to Boston, but received NOA and FP from National Benefits Center.

Sent N-400 12/12/08 to Boston
PD 12/15/08
NOA 12/24/08 from National Benefit Center
FP notice 12/29/08
FP Date 1/08/09
IL: xx/xx/xx
ID: xx/xx/xx
OL: xx/xx/xx
OD: xx/xx/xx
PP: xx/xx/xx
PP: xx/xx/xx

Applied for N-400. Case transferred to National Benfits Center

Hi
I applied for my citizenship at the beginning of this month. Received a letter from USCIS saying my case has been transferred to National Benefits Center. Not sure why

Interview rescheduled !

My interview was scheduled for 1/30 in NH and I live in MA. I just got a letter today saying that due to unforeseen circumstances they had to deschedule my
interview. Anyone else with similar issue ?

Thanks,

Proud to be an American !
10 years saga is over.

inkom_al

PD: 05/2007
FP: 06/2007
FP2: 10/2008
IL: 10/2008
Interview: 11/2008
Oath: 01/2009

Hi
I applied for my citizenship at the beginning of this month. Received a letter from USCIS saying my case has been transferred to National Benefits Center. Not sure why

That's normal..case is sent to NBC after initial processing at service center.