Boston MA - N-400 TimeLine

Oath is complete, and event less. Folks over there were courteous, though I hope they could have expedited the process. None the less this long road is finished, with all the good memories.

Fyi,

Completed the oath today and got the Naturalization certificate. Took some time to just organize and get the 1800+ people seated. Overall, it was well organized and executed.

Got one problem with my certificate. I have 2 middle names. Part of my second middle name is chopped off. 4 letters are missing. Need to call them tommorrow to find out if it can be fixed (or if its a limitation on the printing on the certificate). The name will get out of sync between passport/naturalization certificate and will surely cause some confusion later.

Anyone out there had similar issue ?

Sincerely,

Toughdba.

Is Boston the DO for all MA applicants?

I have a quick question for those whose N-400 cases were processed by the Boston office. If you live anywhere in MA, will Boston process your application? I'm asking because Western MA is closer to Hartford than Boston; is there a chance they might send your case to Hartford if you live in for example Springfield (a bad case scenario)? I'd appreciate your input.

Oath Ceremony complete. Very exciting! I was wondering if any of you guys in the 11/12 Boston Oath Ceremony could share some pictures.
Cheers,
Anoush

Life as a US citzen begins

myself and my wife took the Oath on 12th. reached the convention center at around 10:35, line was huge but started moving at around 10:45 and was seated by 11:30 or so. There were 1866 in our room.

My wife's was on a different room with 700 odd more, so could not be together, other than that the Oath ceremony was smooth. WE were out by 1:30PM

Applied for Passport at local post office with expedited service.

Hi, Just wanted to let you know about my N-400 Timelines.

Post Date: 06/30/2005
Notice Date: 07/12/2005
Finger Print Done: 08/30/2005
Interview Date: 10/26/2005
Oath Date: ?????

Things are pretty quickly going in Boston as per the above schedule. Look like all together it is taking around 6 months from the start. That seems to be amazing considering the INS offices :)

Sreenu Pamidi,

Congratulations! How long did the interview take altogether? It sounds like the officer spent most of the time going over your N-400 application form. Is that right? Did you ask to see your green card and passport?

Since he asked you to sign the two photos you submitted, does that mean your passport photo will have your signature on it? However, I don't see any signature on anyone's photo in a U.S. passport. Can you explain?

Oath Date

Congratts to everyone who got Naturalized last week!

I was wondering if any one has shared my experience in the process, We my hubby and I) applied for N400 on 9/10/08
FP 10/10/08
Interview 11/07/08
Husband's Oath letter 11/10/08
OD 12/18/08

I am still waiting for my letter. I know I am being impatient and the process was very quick for us, but is that normal that even though we got all the other letters at the same time the oaths can be different dates? I am concerned b/c we are out of states now and hhave to make travel plans for Oath.
Impatient

Zarrb,
Can you share what specific questions you (and your spouse) were asked? Did the Selective Services came up in your spouse's interview?

Thanks

Fyi,

I got the middle name problem in my naturalization certificate fixed today. Here is some info to people who might get into this situation. I have 2 middle names and the mistake was they had ommitted the last 5 characters of my second middle name.

You get 3 business days to fix any errors on the naturalization certificate from the oath date. All you have to do is walkin to the Boston office (Govt. Center) and state your problem. You dont need any appointment. They will ask you to got to room E170. Just hand over the certificate to the receptionist and explain the issue. They will take the certificate in, fix the issue and hand over a new one.

I had my oath on wednesday 11/12. I noticed the incomplete second middlename only after I left the building. I called the helpdesk and they did not have a clue on how to get it fixed. I then scheduled an infopass which I got only for 11/18th to go to Boston. Even though this is the 4th business day after the oath, they did not cause any issues. After I explained the problem, they asked me to write my full expanded name on a sticky and mark the part of the name which needed correction. The receptionist then took it inside, verified the name with the docs in my file, reprinted the certificate with the changes (they transferred the picture from the old certificate to the new certificate) and handed it back to me in 30 mins.

Regards,

Toughdba

That was fast. Did you ask to take the Oath as soon as possible on the interview date?

Congratts to everyone who got Naturalized last week!

I was wondering if any one has shared my experience in the process, We my hubby and I) applied for N400 on 9/10/08
FP 10/10/08
Interview 11/07/08
Husband's Oath letter 11/10/08
OD 12/18/08

I am still waiting for my letter. I know I am being impatient and the process was very quick for us, but is that normal that even though we got all the other letters at the same time the oaths can be different dates? I am concerned b/c we are out of states now and hhave to make travel plans for Oath.
Impatient

I didn't ask for ASAP but I did ask when and the officer said early next year, but as I mentioned earlier, my Husband's is on Dec. 18. Do anyone know anyone who also has the same Oath Date? If yes when did they get the letter?

Passport received

I took my oath Nov 12 at Hynes and applied in the post office in the Prudential mall, as did many others that I saw during the oath. Since I had also changed my name, I had to submit my name change document along with my naturalization certificate.

It took a few days for my check to be cashed and my name never showed up in the State Dept. online application tracker.

Surprise, surprise. Got my passport and all documents back on Nov 22 without even paying for expedited processing. These State Dept folks are awesome and I appreciate their fast turnaround.

My journey is essentially over. Hopefully I will get my passport card in a few days too.

I am one of those lucky ones that had a very smooth journey and USCIS has been an awesome agency for me. Or maybe that I have always been a good boy too with nothing but the cleanest record possible in every way.

Proud and happy American! God bless America.

Hi Tomsix,
Can you post your interview experience? Was it in Boston, Were you asked any questions regarding Selective Service Registration? Also which test did you take (old or new one), was a choice given?

Thanks,

hi mmsoba,

No selective service questions. I was given a choice for test and I chose old test. The questions were the easiest ones on the list for me. eg. the Color of stripes, what do they represent etc.

Zarrb

My interview was in Manchester, NH. All the questions were directly from the test bank. I was given the choice between new and old, I opted for old. There was a comment about selective service, and I had the required documentation but wasn't asked to provide it. The interviewer got the info prior to the interview. All I was asked for was my resident card, driver's license and passport.

Just got my oath letter today. Oath is held at the end of January in Atkinson NH. Wish it was sooner, but overall I'm happy that it went fairly quick.

Successfully completed interview in Boston...

Hi all,
Just wanted to let you all know that myself and my spouse successfully completed the interview in Boston. Overall the process was smooth no issues and it took about 2.5 hours from beginning to end. We were handed the oath letters at the end. Dates are in signature below. If anyone has any specific question(s) feel free and ask and I can provide specific details.