Boston MA - N-400 TimeLine

As per the USCIS website Boston DO currently processing applications filed on or b4 MAY14 07. So i am guessing i may get my IL in the next batch of IL's they issue.

PD May 8, still waiting

My PD is May 8, I am still waiting for IL.
Called USCIS, just spent my time,
I was told to wait 2 more months.
As well, she has mentioned that it might even take 2 years in total.

Last edited by a moderator:
New processing time for Boston DO moved from May 14th to May 18th . Just moved 4 days from previous month. Looks like the whole process may take more than a year or so.

Dear Friends, Boston timeline now reads May 18th 2007. It was May 14th until few days back. WTF!

In NewYork June and I think some July filers are getting ILs, and Boston moved only 4 days from the first wk of Dec to now.

I've been wondering if there's any way to get an explanation as a group from whoever's in charge at Boston D.O - anyone know who's in charge? perhaps he/she should be asked by the Mayor's office?

Searching for Attorney in Boston Area

Can you suggest a good Immigration Attorney in Boston Area, specializing in Student visas and Investor Visas.

My PD is MAY31st haven't got the IL yet. I took infopass appointment yesterday got the same classic answer again " Your are in Q waiting to schedule for interview ". Getting the same answer from the past 4 months.

My PD is MAY31st haven't got the IL yet. I took infopass appointment yesterday got the same classic answer again " Your are in Q waiting to schedule for interview ". Getting the same answer from the past 4 months.

1. Did they say if you'd passed namecheck?
  2. Did they say if your file had been sent over from Vermont?
  3. Did they give you an estimate of how many months more the wait might be?

The answers I got were yes, no, 3 months (about 4 weeks ago) but It looks like it might be a lot longer if Boston PDs keep moving at the rate of 4 days every 6 weeks.

I asked all these questions to IO in all my info pass appointments i had taken from the past 5 months.

Did they say if you'd passed namecheck?
Yes my name check and finger printing cheks has been cleared long time back.

Did they say if your file had been sent over from Vermont?
No. Still in vermont.

Did they give you an estimate of how many months more the wait might be?
No he didn't say any thing.

I asked all these questions to IO in all my info pass appointments i had taken from the past 5 months.

Did they say if you'd passed namecheck?
Yes my name check and finger printing cheks has been cleared long time back.

Did they say if your file had been sent over from Vermont?
No. Still in vermont.

Did they give you an estimate of how many months more the wait might be?
No he didn't say any thing.

I'd say worst case estimate for you is 2 months more, most likely earlier. On the bright side, # of applications received in May 2007 followed a normal pattern (from a USCIS graph I saw a little while ago) - before it all went to hell in June and July. So you beat the rush.

Well they send the interview letters atleast 6 weeks before they schedule the interview thats what i was told in one of my infopass appt. So according to that even if they sent me interview letter in the month of Feb my interview will be in the month of April and after that atleast 2-3 weeks gap will be there for Oath . So if every thing goes as it is still it will be May08. So almost 1 year its taking to complete this process. Lets see how it goes.

Does boston DO work on Saturday????

a friend of mine received his IL to go Boston DO. The interview date is 03/15/2008 which is Saturday!!!!!!

Wow thats intresting looks like they work on saturdays. I saw while ago in this forum some one from another DO don't remember which DO it was also got his interview date on Saturday.

Do you know what your friend PD was?..

There was article on boston.com that USCIS DO in boston would be working on saturdays from march. Also they would be increasing the officers from 38 to 54. Number of interviews conducted by each officer per day would be increased from 12 to 15 as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I told him to schedule an infopass to make sure this is right and not a mistake.

I'm still waiting for my new IL :(

Saturdays must really be speeding things up!

Wow, I just got the IL way earlier than expected...... And the interview is on a Saturday...

-ML

Application mailed - 7/3/2007
Application received - 7/9/2007
Priority date - 7/9/2007
Check cashed - 7/19/2007
Notice date - 7/27/2007
Notice received - 8/2/2007
Fingerprint appt notice - 8/2/2007
Fingerprint appt date - 8/23/2007
Interview letter received - 2/2/2008
Interview scheduled - 3/29/2008