Boston MA - N-400 TimeLine

Is 2/25 your interview date? And did officer initiate IL for you. Thats surprising since IO's cant do that unless things changed recently

Yes, 2/25 is the interview date, and the IP did initiate on the back of the letter. Are you sure that they couldn't do it?

By the way, newuscitizen, have you done your interview yet? are you going to share your experiences?

Wanted to let you all know that my parents applied for Citizenship in June end.
Finger printed end july.
Got interview letter mid December.
They were interviewed yesterday in MACHESTER NH and their oath was done yesterday itself in the afternoon.

Congratulations to your parents!

I think they sent their application to Vermont....
Isn't that were you send you application anyways.
They were finger printed in boston. We were surprised to see that they were called to Manchester for their Interview.

My interview is on feb 6th.

Good for you!

When did you get your IL? when is your PD?

Could you please post your Timeline?

I hope more people who are being helped by this forum (especially the silent observers) make the tiny effort needed to post their timelines. It's a simple way to give back to the community.

I'm trying to get an estimate of the P.D VSC and/or Boston D.O is at for sending out ILs. Is it somewhere in June 2007?

To cut the suspense, I got the IL last night with the same date, time, room number, so the infopass was not very necessary at all.:)

I think they sent their application to Vermont....
Isn't that were you send you application anyways.
They were finger printed in boston. We were surprised to see that they were called to Manchester for their Interview.

Your parents were so lucky, I also sent application to Vermont, FP done in Boston. Is Manchester the only office to do the Interview and oath together? guess I will be assigned with another oath date after being interviewed at Boston.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think your IL was scheduled prior to your infopass. IO's are not authorized by themselves to schedule interviews. Scheduling happens at vermont. Congrats for your IL.

My PD is april 25 2007. I posted this several times before

I think your IL was scheduled prior to your infopass. IO's are not authorized by themselves to schedule interviews. Scheduling happens at vermont. Congrats for your IL.

My PD is april 25 2007. I posted this several times before

Dear newuscitizen, you are right before me. Would you please share your interview experience after you done, and how will you prepare for the interview? (will save me lots of headache in digging out info:D)

Thanks a lot!

The wait will probably get longer

To those on the board looking for IL time, I'd wouldn't keep your hopes too high.

INS is posting warnings of a huge backlog in processing applications. They say they have twice as many applications in 2007 as in 2006, and my personal guess is that everyone was trying to beat the fee increases last summer.

From my research:
- INS is prioritizing I485's and the EAD, since there is a legislated maximum turnaround timeframe (3 months I think). Second priority is N-400s, then everything else is after.
- Don't even bother with the times on the INS web site, this board is proving much longer delays. It looks like Boston late-April priority dates are receiving interviews in early February. I haven't seen any May PDs yet.
- INS warned that the delay will get much longer, especially the June priority dates, where they said to expect up to 16 months.

-ML

Application mailed - 7/3/2007
Application received - 7/9/2007
Priority date - 7/9/2007
Check cashed - 7/19/2007
Notice date - 7/27/2007
Notice received - 8/2/2007
Fingerprint appt notice - 8/2/2007
Fingerprint appt date - 8/23/2007
Waiting for interview letter...

If I want to write to VSC, to whom should I address the letter??
alphagc

:)
If you decide to write, that obvioslly is the best idea, write to:

same place you mailed your n-400 application

Vermont Cervices Center

DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY

BE SURE TO INCLUDE:

YOUR N-400 RECEIPT NUMBER:.........
YOUR A- NUMBER
NAME AND LAST NAME:

N-400 STATUS INQUIRY:

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

Remember you are the one who need them, so look for them, always write using nice words to them.. you are on their hands.. a bad attitud can cause several months on delay your application, is just simple like that..

I hope they re-mail you your IL as soon as possible, keep the faith..

My Interview Experience

:confused:
IN JAN 9, 2008 I WENT TO BOSTON DISTRICT OFFICE FOR MY IL APPOINTMENT.. I WAS VERY PREPARED FOR THE TEST.. AND IT WAS SO EASY AND SIMPLE..

1-. WHEN I GOT TO THE WAITING ROOM FOR THE INTERVIEW IN 5 MINUTES THEY CALLED MY NAME A VERY NICE BLACK LADY CALLED ME, SHE TOLD ME DO NOT WORRY THE TEST IS VERY EASY, IT'S A COMPUTER WHICH SELECT THE QUESTION RANDONLY.. SOME THINK THAT WE DO, BUT WE DON'T..

2-. I WENT TO THE ROON AND IN 2 MINUTES I PASSED THE TEST WAS REALLY VERY EASY AND VERY SIMPLE.. SHE ASKE ME...

1. WHAT'S THE NAME OF THE NATIONAL ANTHEM OF THE U.S.?
2. WHO NOMINATES JUDGES FOR THE SUPREME COURT?
3. WHAT'S THE 49 STATES ADDED TO THE UNION US?
4. WHAT'S THE NAME OF THE CAPITAL OF THE STATE YOU ARE LIVING?
5.HOW MANY CHANGES OF ADMENTMENTS DOES THE CONSTITUTION HAS?
6.WHO IS THE HEAD OF STATE GOVERNMENT CALLED?

1. READING... I HAVE A BLUE CAR
1. FOR WRITTING: SHE DICTATED ... THE BIRD FLEW AWAY..

SHE TOLD ME CONGRATULATION YOU PASSED ... YOU WERE PERFECT.. THEN SHE TOLD ME GO BACK TO THE WAITING ROOM AND WAIT FOR ANOTHER OFFICER THAT WILL CALL YOU ABOUT 30 MINUTES, JUST TO ASK YOU GENERAL QUESTION ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION..

IN 15 MINUTES AN OFFICER CALLED MY NAME I FOLLOWED HIM.. ONCE WE GOT TO THE ROOM HE TOLD ME RISE YOUR RIGHT HAND AND SWEAR TO SAY THE TRHUTH AND ONLY THE TRUTH. I SAID I SWEAR.

THEN HE ASKED ME MY GREEN CARD, SOCIAL SECURITY, PASSPORT, STATE ID OR LICENSE.. I GAVE ALL HE ASKED..

FINAL... HE TOLD ME .. YOU PASSED THE CIVIC AND US HISTORY TEST, BUT I NEED TO CONSOLIDATE YOUR FILE, IT USUALLY TAKE 2 TO 3 MONTHS. THEN HE CHECK PART....B) A DECISION CANNOT YET BE MADE ON YOUR APPLICATION...

.BUT HE DID NOT TOLD ME TO SEND ANY DOCUMENT.. HE DID NOT ASKED TO SEND ANYTHING.
:(
WAS FRUSTRATED..IF SOMEBODY KNOWS ANYBODY WHO HAVE BEEN IN THIS KIND OF SITUATION , PLEASE JUST POST IT HERE.. I KNOW THAT I AM EXPECTING FROM THE OFFICER ..AN OATH LETTER WHICH WILL BE THE BEST, ANOTHER INTERVIEW LETTER OR A LETTER ASKING ANY DOCUMENT

Last edited by a moderator:
My Interview experience

I had my interview on Jan 15th and so did my wife. Everything went fine and our oath date is January 24th.:)

Note that the interviews for you and your spouse are done separately.

A clerk took my English test. He asked 10-questions from the 96-questions lists and I answered each correctly. Then he asked me to read one sentence and write one senctence. 15 minutes later I met the interviewing officer. She went through my application and my entire file. She asked me the same questions that were on the application and I kept giving yes and no responses. She then asked me to sign the application with my full name including middle name. I would recommend that you just write your full name, if you are not used to signing with your middle name.

That was it. Later she gave me my purple color "oath" letter.

Thank you every one on this forum.

Priority Date : April 11, 2007
Finger Prints Done: May, 2007
IL Notice Date: November 20, 2007
Interview Date: January 15, 2008
Oath Date: January 24, 2008

:)
If you decide to write, that obvioslly is the best idea, write to:

same place you mailed your n-400 application

Vermont Cervices Center

DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY

BE SURE TO INCLUDE:

YOUR N-400 RECEIPT NUMBER:.........
YOUR A- NUMBER
NAME AND LAST NAME:

N-400 STATUS INQUIRY:

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

Remember you are the one who need them, so look for them, always write using nice words to them.. you are on their hands.. a bad attitud can cause several months on delay your application, is just simple like that..

I hope they re-mail you your IL as soon as possible, keep the faith..

elmeje
Thank you. I'm still debating mailing the letter or not. I got the descheduled letter 01/01/2008 and I was thinking to wait till the end of Jan 2008 before I send an inquery. ????!!!!

I hope you will get your oath letter soon

Just wondering if anyone who applied on or around the end of July 2007 has received the IL?

TIA

Still waiting for IL.....tried calling customer service today ..totally unhelpful as usual.

"Sleek": end-May PD huh? Boston DO seems really slow if they haven't even gotten to end May yet.