Boston MA - N-400 TimeLine

I was stuck in name check. My wife submitted her application at the same time I did and she took her oath at the begining of Aug. My theory is that it takes longer to do name check for men vs woman.

How long have you been waiting?

DRZ

All Done!

I had my oath two days ago. I am all done!

Headed over to the passport office and got my passport.

Its good to finally have it all completed.

If anyone has any questions please let me know.

Good luck to everyone!

DR_Z

Pd 07/31/2006
Fp 08/14/2006
Il ????????
Id ????????

1st Infopass 12/06/2006

Stuck In Name Check. Expected That Coz Everyone In My Family Who Applied After Me Received Their Il 2 Weeks After Fp.

God Knows When Will It Get Done. Tired Of Waiting For The Mail.

Is There Any Way To Know How To Inquire On Name Check Status

Thank You

dr_z said:
I had my oath two days ago. I am all done!

Headed over to the passport office and got my passport.

Its good to finally have it all completed.

If anyone has any questions please let me know.

Good luck to everyone!

DR_Z

HEY DR Z

I JUST HAD MY 1ST INFOPASS YESTERDAY. STUCK IN NAME CHECK. PD WAS 07/31/2006 AND FP WAS 08/14/2006.

IS THERE ANY WAY TO CHECK THE NAME CHECK STATUS

Next oath date in Boston?

My interview is on Dec 13th. Does anybody know the schedule of the oath ceremony for this time of year?

I travel extensively for work and it would be nice to be able to plan around the interview instead of postponing it.

Details:

Applied September 15th
Fingerprint October 3rd
Interview December 13th

Thanks

There is no way to check the status. I was in name check for about 5 months.

BTW, for anyone that is interested, I got my passport already from the Boston passport office (I made an appointment and paid to have it expidited). I received the new passport with the RFID chip. My wife who got here in Sept recieved the old passport.

DR_Z

dr_z:

How did you find out your new passport with the RFID chip? I got my passport at the end of last month. I am not sure if mine has RFID chip.

thanks,

jack

dr_z said:

BTW, for anyone that is interested, I got my passport already from the Boston passport office (I made an appointment and paid to have it expidited). I received the new passport with the RFID chip. My wife who got here in Sept recieved the old passport.

DR_Z

dr_z said:

DR_Z

SO JUST HAVE TO WAIT BASICALLY FOR THE NAME CHECK

. I HAVE TO TRAVEL INTERNATIONALLY FOR 2 MONTHS STARTING JAN. JUST HOPE DOESNT COINCIDE WITH THAT. EITHER GET IF BEFORE OR AFTER.

My time and next steps

Folks,
Mailed N-400 - 10/14/2006 (Friday)
FP done - 11/04/2006
Interview - ?

I checked up the website and called the number and it gives a standard message of no use to anyone. How can I find out the name check status (of FP check status)? In the meantime , I 've got a job in another city and have to join there. I shall maintain my residence here, as it may take sometime for me to get a school for my kid and move my family.

Your inputs are appreciated.

Sunny day scenario - completed my interview

Finally much relieved, after done with the interview this afternoon.

Interview time (given) was 2.00 PM. Gave the interview letter at the reception and waited for my tern. It was already 2.20 and anxiously waiting for my name to be called. Then came that moment. Followed the officer and sat in a small room. Immediately, the officer asked me to swear the truth etc etc. Said yes, yes. He asked for my passport and GC.

Then he quickly went through my application. Very quickly. Before even I realized he was in the 3rd question. Any ways, I think, I was constantly saying, no, no no.... When the affiliations part came, I interrupted him and said that I have to update that, as I forgot to list the two volunteer organizations, I have been associated with in the original N-400 appln. I had taken an updated sheet of page 7 & 8.. He happily took it. No problems. That was the area, I was little worried. That went through well.

Then the civic questions. Asked about the flag colors, no. of stripes, what do we celebrate on July 4th, what is white house, where is it etc..? Done with that.

He asked me to read a simple sentence and asked me to write, " I want to eat good food". Done with that too.

Then was asked to sign the N-400 form, part 13 & 14, both full signatures. Then asked me to sign (full) on the 2 photos. Then he handed over the N-652 form which gave the interview results :) and asked me to wait for couple of minutes. After 10 minutes, got the Oath date (Feb 15th). Bingo!. The interview was less than 7 minutes. The officer was pretty fast and courteous.

Thank God and this nice forum and helpful people. Good luck to rest of the people in the pipeline.

Thanks,
Pals_USA

Boston:
Priority date 9/28/06
Finger print notice received on 10/6/06
Finger printing on 10/17/06
Interview notice received on 12/20/2006
Interview date 1/23/07
Oath date: Feb 15 at 12PM.

All Done !

Just wanted to update the Boston thread with my interview and oath experience and wrap up my timeline.

After having my first interview date descheduled and USCIS going quiet on me I finally made some calls and things got moving again.

Had my interview last month at JFK. IO was having a dizzy day and called for me with my middle name instead of first name. Luckily I realized and was able to clarify, otherwise I could have sat there all day! The interview was in his tiny cube surrounded by other IO's but he was really friendly and in great spirits for a Monday. He went through my entire application form question by question. I had taken a trip and changed jobs since filing but he didn't seem concerned at all and just clipped the new job info to my file but didn't take the new travel dates page since it didn't affect my continuos res.

Here are the questions he asked me

What color are the stars on our flag - white
Who is Chief Justice of the Supreme Court -John Roberts
Which special group advises the President - Cabinet
What are the 3 branches of our government? -Executive, legislative, judicial
How many senators are there in Congress? - 100
Who becomes President if the President dies ? VP

That last one he made a comment to me about not going shooting with Dick Cheney. He then said he wouldn't insult my intelligence by asking me to repeat this but said he had to ask me to write down "It is cold in Boston today".

And that was it. I signed my photos and he stamped 'approved' on the file and said he had to have it checked by a supervisor so I had to wait 10 more mins. Someone else came out with an orange paper with an oath date.

Oath was yesterday at the Great Hall, Faneuil Hall. 399 people, 82 of whom changed their name! I got there at 11.30am for a 12.00pm oath and there were already hundreds lined up at the front, left side had orange letters the right had green some like me had received theirs by hand but most I could see had got theirs by mail. Guests were allowed to go in ahead upstairs and they started letting us in around 11.45am and I somehow ended up at the front. They had a letter from the whitehouse and a small flag on each chair. The whole process took around 2 hours to get all the paperwork turned in row by row. The judge came in, gave a speech and called each country and asked us to stand as your country was called out. Then he swore us in and asked us to wave the flags. Then row by row you go up to get your certificate and it was all done.

So the journey ends. I updated social security and since I am traveling soon the passport has also been applied for. I was thoroughly spoilt by my American family and friends with cards and gifts.... my family and friends in my home country all forgot and didn't so much as send an email of congrats. Oh well!

All the best to those on the journey. :)

Waiting for IL

Folks,
Mailed N-400 - 10/14/2006 (Friday)
FP done - 11/04/2006
Interview - ?

I checked up the website and called the number and it gives a standard message of no use to anyone. How can I find out the name check status (of FP check status)? In the meantime , I 've got a job in another city and have to join there. I shall maintain my residence here, as it may take sometime for me to get a school for my kid and move my family.

Your inputs are appreciated.

I sent in my application around the same time thru a lawyer in Boston, and I still didn't get any letter yet.

Receipt Notice: oct,30,2006
FP done: Nov,18,2006
IL = ?

Any body with similar situations, news, timeline? I notice the timeline on ISCIS site is kinda useless.
Also, for those who are interested in the "received an application with missing evidence" thing, I had one of those, after a month, they did send me a letter saying provide more evidence as far as docs of marriage, Taxes, Show letter of name change, sometime I write my name as: Fname, MI, last name, or Fname, Lname without MI. Well they noticed that, and they wanted to know if I legally changed my name, which I didn't, I just have a habit of doing either.. Also, I had an arrest without any conviction or charges, they said the FBI check came back positive just like I claimed, make sure you bring also originals to interview, even though I did do that with application, it said, bring all these docs with you to interview, do not send or mail, as it may cause a delay.
I am still waiting for IL, hopefully it won't be too long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boston interview letters seem to be getting delayed

Wannabe and Luck,

Did your online case disappear at all? Mine disappeared on Feb 14, 07, but still no interview letter. I was told by an IO (1-800 number) that I have been placed in a queue to be scheduled for an interview. I don't know what that means? They didn't tell me if FBI checks were pending.

PD: 12/12/06
FP: 01/03/07

Wannabe and Luck,

Did your online case disappear at all? Mine disappeared on Feb 14, 07, but still no interview letter. I was told by an IO (1-800 number) that I have been placed in a queue to be scheduled for an interview. I don't know what that means? They didn't tell me if FBI checks were pending.

PD: 12/12/06
FP: 01/03/07

No, it did not disappear at all, it is still there. As far as the background check, they must have ran that on me, becasue in December I received a letter saying provide the originals of your arrest and dismissal as our FBI check showed that you have been arrested. So, judging from my case, it sounds that they run the background check right after they receive the application....
My lawyer told me it has been taking about 4 months to get interviews in Boston, well it has been exactly 4 months since I sent it in, I just have to wait a bit longer I guess.... Hope for the best, as I just wanna get this thing over and done with...

Hope for the best

Wannabe,

Thanks for your reply. Let's wait some more. I am sure things will work out okay. Dealing with the INS/USCIS has always been a waiting game.

Take care

Waitmore,
It is true that dealing with the INS is painful and agonizing, as the waiting part is the most difficult part of the process usually. However, it usually ends up in a happy ending, and hopefully it will for everyone. Good Luck to you too in your case... Just keep us updated, and I will do the same.
_God Bless

Waiting for IL

Hello,my n400 is marriage based.
This is my timeline.
sent N400 November 22,2006
got finger Printed December 19,2006.
waiting for IL.
I shall keep you posted with updates.