Born citizen or naturalized citizen

diehard_patel

Newbie here and need your help. Thanks in advance for your help.
I am on h1 b visa through our family business and getting married soon. I have two marriage proposals(finally!) and One is US born citizen and other is Naturalized Citizen. Is it true that INS gives first preferance to US Born citizens as they comes first that Naturalized citizens for green cards?

I am on h1 b visa through our family business and getting married soon. I have two marriage proposals(finally!) and One is US born citizen and other is Naturalized Citizen. Is it true that INS gives first preferance to US Born citizens as they comes first that Naturalized citizens for green cards?

Are you saying you have to women that are willing to marry you? What the hell is wrong with some of you men. I hope no one answer your dumb question if that is the case. What ever happened to marrying for love these days. du-mass!!!!! Please tell me I'm wrong so I could happily apologize.

Are you saying you have to women that are willing to marry you? What the hell is wrong with some of you men. I hope no one answer your dumb question if that is the case. What ever happened to marrying for love these days. du-mass!!!!! Please tell me I'm wrong so I could happily apologize.
lol I don't think you are wrong I was thinking the same. So depending on who makes it easier to go through the process that's who he/she is going to marry.:rolleyes:

Shame on you people! Marrying whoever is easier to get a green card? You must have the looks to get 2 marriage proposals, but you sure lack the brains.

The answer to your question is: USCIS gives priority to husbands who are sex-offenders ex-convicts, that is who you need to marry!

Are you serious?

Its because of losers like you that all immigrants get accused of marrying just for benefits.

You are choosing your wife based on who will make it easier for you. How stupid.

On another note, TRINIGIRL, lets not be too quick on judgment here. This is such a stupid thread that I suspect that it is written by this guy who also goes by the name of PRASHAN.

He is just a bitter immigrant who cannot stand that people who are really in love get married and the process is faster than his because he has to wait for priority dates. So he is trying to prove that everybody who gets married does it for the benefits only.

What better way than to create this little diversion.

Sad, but some adults do behave like morons too I guess...

I hope both of them WITHDRAW their proposal because you're only after a green card! If I know who they are I will warn them about your devious plan, you big time user!!!

My timeline:
07-22-99 Met my hubby through a friend
05-26-02 Found out we're 6 weeks pregnant with our first baby!
January '03 Had our first son
04-11-06 Found out we're 7 weeks pregnant with our 2nd baby!
Summer '06 Decided it's time to get married :)
09-18-06 Wedding day!!!
November '06 Had our 2nd baby boy!!!
04-10-07 mailed G325, I130, I485, Medical check up and Affidavit of Support to Chicago lockbox
04-12-07 Received Date
04-18-07 Notice Date
05-08-07 Biometrics Appointment
09-10-07 Interview Appointment (Finally!) and we passed!
I received a welcome letter a few days ago and now we're just waiting for the actual card!

Last edited by a moderator:
The good thing when people start a thread like this, we get our frustration out on them and it's funny to see what each other has to say about the nimcompoops. lol

seems like he's trying to pick the best. A woman that makes his gc process easier. He is a big-time user.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't listen to these people diehard_patel, they are only jealous of you.

To be sure which proposal will be better for you, it is better to either write to USCIS or call them, the USCIS has marriage option counselors who can help you decide which US Citizen is best for your situation and which will get you the Green Card faster.

When you write don't forget to include your full name and current contact information, that way they can link it to the AOS application when you file and you can get faster processing usually within 60 days.

Good Luck and all the best.

Diehard_Patel,
Marriage is a very serious institution and in my opinion you should not pick a spouse based on ease of acquiring an immigration benefit. Having said that, I would like to state that USCIS makes no distinction between a born or naturalised US citizen as far as processing time is concerned.

Not that uncommon with first generation indian men

It's so sad when I see a post like this.

From the user name, I'm making the assumption that the poster is Indian. I'm Indian born, but was raised in the the UK so I have a new-age approach to marriage, but there are a lot of Indian born men of my generation who see a wife in a more subservient role, even cousins and close relatives in my own family!

This is less about there being a innate 'meanness' in the nature of this guy, just a lot of ignorance. He has a lot to learn about building a real relationship and needs to worry less about getting a GC.

NeedtoWork (recently married to USC, applied for GC late July)

Guys I am sure this is just a joke. His other name is PRASHAN.

Forgive him for he knows not what he is doing.

BOREDOM I guess.

Sorry if my message sounds so bad..It's arrange marriage here and I will make sure that whomever I chose, I will make sure that I will make her life happy..Marriage is for life time event whether it's love marriage or arranged one...Chill out.....I guess it's my fault by putting my question in such a way...

It's ok to have an arranged marriage, I guess if that's your culture. But your choosing on the grounds of who will get you your green card faster and that's not fair to either women. By the way I always thought if you had an arranged marriage the bride is picked for you I didn't know you had a choice. Get reel bro, this is what suits you best. You don't even care about these women I hope they do not choose you. Sorry that's how I feel, but you should not care what I or any of the other members have to say it's your life and your conscious