Bongo Finally Got Through to an IIO, thank God

Bongo

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
I tried the following plan that got me through
to an IIO without too much pain on my behalf.

I tried calling for a five minute period just before 8:30am
Didn\'t work.

I tried calling for a five minute period at 10:30am, worked!
I was on hold for 10 minutes then talked to a nice IIO.

I think that sometimes are just really really busy for the INS
and it\'s not worth trying. Better to forget about it and just
try again later on.

This is what I found:

a) My and my wife\'s FP are good. So far there are no counter
   examples to the rule: IF AVM says "FP received ... pending review"
   THEN FP quality is good.

b) After FP received and are of good quality, case gets put on
   to a shelf where officers can pick them up.

b) My case is not assigned to an officer, BUT on Nov 5th was
   moved to the shelf where officers pick up cases from

RD is 04/30, ND 06/29, WAC 01 223 5xxxx

So my case is good to go. Just waiting for an officer
to pick it up.

Still not sure if I should tell the INS about my job change.
If I send the letter, it probably won\'t be opened until after
my case is approved.

Bongo

Thank you Bongo, for your efforts to dig out info from IIO and share with us!

That\'s extremely helpful to relieve us who are on the same boat with you. My WAC: 216, ND 6/21, FP 10/05. I guess my case is pretty close to yours so your message has inspired me a lot.

Info reqd from Bongo

Hi Bongo

How did you know that on Nov 5th your case was
moved to the shelf where officers pick up cases from?? Was that info. given by the IIO or was it something that you had concluded . My RD and ND are close to yourss and i would really appreciate it if you could let me know. Also pls. let me know the date you did your FP please. (ahead of schedule?)

IIO Told me

I asked if my case was assigned to an officer.
She said no it was not, but on Nov 5th was transfered
to the shelf that the officers take cases from.

My FP notice was received 10/04/01 and
I did them early on 10/09/01. Scheduled for 11/07.

She accessed my details using my Alien number,
does this mean anything?

If one of the unfortunate people who got a FP re-do
notice can clarify what the AVM says for their case,
we can conclude if the message "FP received ... pending review"
means you FP are OK. This will save people having to dial
the INS.

I asked her about the additional FP notices, she said
to ignore them as my FP\'s are fine.

She also let me check my wife\'s details.

Bongo A Gogo

thanks

thanks bongo for the detailed reply. that helps.
you are right. If someone can confirm about the AVM message that would be great.

Additional FPs

I got 4 copies of them:

2 copies when I first got them at home - scheduled 11/7
1 copy to my lawyer - scheduled 11/7

I got one more this week - scheduled for 12/8

The AVM says "FP received... pending review". I\'m ignoring
the 12/8 FP. Can\'t reach an IIO. So am assuming that everything
is fine. WAC-01-227-xxxx

Anyone else got 4 copies ?

No Title

Bongo I think that is generic message and same to all cases.

They will not even see what is there in you file and if prints are good etc. I think once it is assigned to officer he takes a look and then send redo etc.

I called IIO couple of times and both the times they said prints were clear and quality was good. I hope that is true as most of the time it is hard to come to any conclution with generic answers.

Like they tell they are processing 98 cases and it will take long time and so on. That is the reason I think there is no point calling them just waste of our time and their time.

when your file is with INS it is just gambling if you are lucky get everything without problem otherwise all problems.

passer - i too got 4 FP notices. Bongo .. AVM \'FP collected - pending review\' may not be good enou

Soembody who has done FP > 10/1 and receives FP re-do will be able to confirm but that AVM update \'FP collected-pending review\' seems to be some simple field update on receipt of FP info from FBI - it seems that only after manual read of FBI info, can IIO tell whther FP is good or not - in my case, one IIO I had talked to after AVM update could repeat the same message as AVM but could not even confirm if FP quality was good. However, when I talked to another IIO few days later, she took the pain of checking FP with A# (which now I\'m certain means case has not been assigned) and confirmed that FP was good quality.

No Title

I think it is a waste of time to ask the IIO
how much longer your case will take.

However, they do know if your FP are of good
quality or not.

More than one person has said they called up.
IIO says their or their spouse\'s FP were bad
quality and they would send a REDO notice, which
they received.

What about informing the change of empt?

Bongo:

In your first message, you said that you are not sure about informing INS about your change of employment. What are your plans about it? What did your Attorney is suggesting?

I am sure there are so many of us who changed empt. after 180+ days of AOS filing. But, I have not heard anybody informing INS voluntarily.

Thanks,

No Title

My attorney is conservative and wants me to inform
INS.

But I\'m not sure it\'s such a good idea. The INS
memo does not strictly say you have to inform
the INS, just "should" inform the INS.

Also is filing a H1 transfer "informing" the INS?

No Title

Bongo,

I have a friend who changed after 180 days but didn\'t inform INS. Now he got rfe for employment letter which he got from old company and everything is fine.

H1 and GC are 2 different things and they won\'t be able to pull non immigration data until they have receipt and they will not have that much time to check. Most of the times they don\'t even check what is therein the packet, as in my case there was rfe for my wifes ap/ead for 140 copy which was already enclosed in the packet.

RFE Question

Hi

I had a question on RFE. How did your friend know he got an RFE? After changing job, your old lawyer may not send that info. So did the request for RFE come to his home address?
So once RFE comes and you get the letter from earlier company, things are ok?

No Title

vguru,

I don\'t think you are right when you wrote "..they won\'t be able to pull non immigration data until they have receipt.." because when I was waiting for my receipts and when I talked to IIO and enquired with my LastName and DateOfBirth, IIO told me that my H1 was approved on so and so date and when I asked her to check only with last name then she was able to find that my spouce\'s H4 is still pending. She was not able to find I-485 info because at that time my packet was still waiting in the mail room.

So while processing a perticular case if IIO checks the system then (s)he can find out if there are any new H1s pending/approved etc. if they want. As you wrote I don\'t think an IIO will do this but my point is (s)he can, and then send RFE as it happened in your friend\'s case.

PCee

FP notices

I got 5 copies, 4 to me, one to the lawyer, all scheduled for 11/3. When did you do your FP? I did on 11/3. FBI sent results back to INS on 11/4. The AVM has not updated. How long it will take to update the AVM after FP?
LH

No Title

Padhu,

He checked avm message and contacted the attorney. He was working for consulting company and they helped him out.

If you get rfe only for employment letter you should be good but if they ask for payslip then you are in trouble.

/vguru

No Title

Pcee,

you are correct they can pull all the records based on your last nmae.
 as they are on the same system. but i don\'t think 90 percent of IIOs wont do that.

/Vguru

Situation

Thanks. however a friend of ours may get laid off in Feb. Their ND is June 10th. Right now I see ND = April cases getting approved. is there a remote possibility that ND= June will come thro by Feb end???

No Title

I think there are not many cases between April and June. I have sent my application on April 26 and my ND is June 27.

So hardly few cases. I don\'t know if INS going on this sequence or not.

I think it is highly possible that he will get approval by that time.