Bona Fide Marriage Docs - for AOS interview

miami_boy

Registered Users (C)
hey guys, while i'm waiting on my i-485 RFE, i thought it is a good idea to start collecting documents to bring for aos interview which i hope happens in 2-3 months

here's what we got so far:
- car title showing joint ownership
- car registration with both names on it
-car insurance with both names on it
-life insurance with my wife listed as 100% beneficiary
- joint lease agreement
- pet adoption contract (it is on my name, but my wife is mentioned as well)
- 2 credit cards: my wife's capital one card with me as an authorized user
my macy's card with her as an authorized user
- photos, including wedding

do you think this would be sufficient?

we don't have a joint bank account yet because our savings are low right now, and there is no point to open one.
i'm not employed at the moment, so i don't make any deposits anyways. seems like everybody bring their joint bank statements for an interview, is this really important?

we also don't use credit cards a lot, so our credit card statements do not show a good amount of transactions. do we still have to bring them or just actual credit cards would be fine?

we got no joint utility bills (electric company doesn't allow to include both names, cable and internet were paid in cash, one-time payment, cell phones are on two different 2yr contracts)

we can also include joint gym membership and some postcards (which ones should i pick - addressed to both of us or to each other? a got a lot of them)) if it helps

any suggestions will be appreciated

The evidence expected by USCIS is highly variable based on YOUR situation and timeline of events. Without that basic information, it is nearly impossible to advise you about the evidence that you have listed or what might appear to be MISSING from USCIS' point-of-view.

For instance, IF you came to the U.S. as an F-1 student, failed to enroll or show up for any classes and got married after 3 months in the U.S. to someone you knew for 3 weeks, you would be in deep doo-doo!

Another major problem situation is if you were in Removal Proceedings when you got married. If so, then INA 204(c) and (g) become the critical factors. A legal presumption of a sham marriage and the heightened level of proof demanded to show it is NOT a sham marriage are hard to overcome but not impossible.

However, if you have corresponded with your spouse for several years, had met in-person at least once in the previous two-years, and entered the U.S. as a fiance and followed all the rules, then at this early stage you get the benefit of the doubt and USCIS would likely grant your conditional status without an interview and then give you the bulk of two-years to cement your relationship and build your life together. Then the I-751 would be the thing to plan ahead for (and be more concerned about).

You are an UNKNOWN QUANTITY and as such, will not get good advice without providing a much more detailed description of your situation. Please try again.

There are a lot of postings on this forum regarding evidence and sufficiency. Take the time to read through the forum and you will see people being approved or denied with varying quantities of evidence.

Yours are very subjective questions and what you will get are opinions which guarantee nothing. Use your common sense and make your own judgment. You are better served asking technical questions, not subjective ones.

Best.

hey guys, while i'm waiting on my i-485 RFE, i thought it is a good idea to start collecting documents to bring for aos interview which i hope happens in 2-3 months

here's what we got so far:
- car title showing joint ownership
- car registration with both names on it
-car insurance with both names on it
-life insurance with my wife listed as 100% beneficiary
- joint lease agreement
- pet adoption contract (it is on my name, but my wife is mentioned as well)
- 2 credit cards: my wife's capital one card with me as an authorized user
my macy's card with her as an authorized user
- photos, including wedding

do you think this would be sufficient?........