BobSmith,JonyCash,Vorpal,please I want to hear from in this regard:

Note: The OP is opening multiple threads on the same questions. I've consolidated them into one to avoid duplication and confusion.

Airline will not update the Names?
Yeah this I wanted to know, I thought it will not be a problem if I have the court documents? Please Clear me with this please.
I will call the Ticket Agent or Airline to find out too. But please if any one face this problem please let me know.
Thanks.

If you have already bought your family tickets for your trip to India and your wife and children get their US passports with their new names, won't you have a problem because the names are now different on their tickets and their passports? I am assuming you bought their tickets under their current names and not their future changed names.

Airline will not update the Names?
Yeah this I wanted to know, I thought it will not be a problem if I have the court documents? Please Clear me with this please.
I will call the Ticket Agent or Airline to find out too. But please if any one face this problem please let me know.
Thanks.

This may be a problem. Make sure you call both the ticket agent and all airlines (I'm assuming you're flying more than one airline) and state that your wife and children are intending to change their last(?) names as part of their citizenship and passport changes. Ask them whether changing their names is going to be a problem and whether it will cost you anything. I suspect that you will need to show proof of name change (old and new passports, naturalization cert, court docs) AND you will be charged by the airlines for changing the names (airlines will look for any reason to charge customers for anything these days).

Remember that you have to make sure that the ticket name changing is even allowed under these unique circumstances because it is possible that it may not be. If that is the case then you may have to cancel and rebook their tickets which is going to be expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Diamonds, make sure you have PIO or OCI for you,spouse and children before you board plane to India. They have turned back US citizens specially minor/infants without correct documents. You would get PIO or Visa easily. OCI takes time - more than 2-3 months. You cannot apply for any of above without US Passport. Wish you all the luck.