Blue Notice - Vermont Center

sunshine10

Registered Users (C)
:confused: I applied for a change of status (from J-1 (no 2-year-residency requirement) to F-1) by the end of January. Couple of weeks ago I received a blue notice form INS asking for additional documentation about my financial situation. Does anyone have experience with this? What is it that I should send?

Hi,
Thank you for your reply (again).They are asking me to show financial documents indicating that I have enough means to pursue my studies (my I-20 indicates around $30,000 USD tuition+living expenses), but I have already sent to INS along with my application the copy of Affidavit of Support signed by my father.
I do not understand what is the amount that they are aksing for. In addition, it says that I have to prove that I have funds for complete duration of my studies. I simply do not understand why they are asking me NOW to show all these financial funds if I will have to renew my visa in a year, right?:confused:

I have already sent to INS along with my application the copy of Affidavit of Support signed by my father.
did you enclose his proof of income/funds?

In addition, it says that I have to prove that I have funds for complete duration of my studies.
usually you have to prove that you have enough funding for the first years of studies

I simply do not understand why they are asking me NOW to show all these financial funds if I will have to renew my visa in a year, right?
what are you talking about?

COLOR="Navy"]yes, my father did send affidavit of support + certified statement he got from the bank (stating that he has in his account $30,000 USD). however, he did not send the official monthly bank statement that indicates these funds (because the statement was not in english and it was in euros).

now, this is what i do not understand. ins is asking that i show funds for the first year of study (9 months, approximate costs $30,000 USD). this is clear. but they are also asking that i show funds for the whole period of my studies (i-20 indicates that average time of study is 30 months). does this means that i have to show them $30,000 (for 9 months) x 3 (30 months is avergae time for completion of studies) ???????
[/COLOR]

please help!

since your dad is outside the States, his affidavit of support is useless since it can't be enforced. I'd advise you to send the same documents, and perhaps, include an official bank statement, with a translation, and another letter from the bank. Maybe, you could include an employment letter from your dad showing a good salary.