Blanket L1 to H1 transfer

xkdasari

Hi,
I came to US on Blanket L1-B petition on June 2005 through company A. I applied for a H1 through company B in April 2006 and got H1 approved in Sept 2006 and H1 is valid from Oct 1st 2006. I resigned my company and moved to the company B. Now company A is threating to file an absconding report in US consulate chennai that I moved to company B with out informing them.
I want to know is it illegal to move from L1 to H1 when I am on blanket petition? Does company A have any grounds to report to US consulate? Will this effect me when I go for a visa stamping next time to India?

Thanks for your time,

Regards,
XKDasari

I don't think there is any rule that prohibits blanket L1 to switch to H1.
But, I wonder what "moved to B without informing them" means.
Did you move to B without telling A and your employment with A did not get closure yet ?

GOTPR,
Thanks for your response. I submitted my resignation but did not serve the notice period of 2 months required by Company A. Can it be used to report against me in the consulate?

Thanks,
xkdasari

so does this mean they can report it to consulate or breaching the contract is a different problem :confused: This is an internal company issue right? Can they involve US consulate in this?

Thanks for your response

I don't think US consulate has anything to do with this case.
It's within a company, however, they can take you to court if you broke the contract.