• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Birthdate error: reason for visa denail?

janetgal

Registered Users (C)
hi,
I made a mistake in my online entry (my birthdate). I found out abt dat when i contacted KCC on the phone and they said birhtdate dont match. I dont ve a record of the submission form n everything but got am 2nd letter. i contacted de embassy for advise n de consular said it may be alr, but she cant say a word. do i ve to go de interview or cancel it? i mean, if it is big enough to fail me, i wanna stop it right here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Listen, making a mistake of listing the wrong DOB on the original entry is, unfortunately, a fatal error. This will effectively disqualify you at the interview.

I suggest not going ahead with the process. You may end up wasting $775 for nothing.

Sorry.

good reply dark horse, Janetgal dont waste your money they wont issue you the visa. sorry about that better luck next time

hi janetgal,

when is your interview? how old are you? what is your case number?

My dear no need to go for the interview becos you will be disqualified.Just take your time and be very careful next time you apply.

DV Winner 07

all may not be lost

I am not very sure that the message you got from KCC indicating details do not match is fatal to your application. You can change any info before your papers are sent to your contry's embassy. I remember I had a problem with my mums DOB and i contacted them but they told me the information i sent didnt match with what they had i offered to scan a copy of her national id card they told me they have noted the change and put it in my file they never assured me all was well but it was never mentioned in the interview. a prents DOB may be less important but i also dont think yours is as long as you are honest and try to infrom KCC early.
Also please dont put your case no and DOB in the forum instad use 19XXX. all the best

I am not very sure that the message you got from KCC indicating details do not match is fatal to your application. You can change any info before your papers are sent to your contry's embassy. I remember I had a problem with my mums DOB and i contacted them but they told me the information i sent didnt match with what they had i offered to scan a copy of her national id card they told me they have noted the change and put it in my file they never assured me all was well but it was never mentioned in the interview. a prents DOB may be less important but i also dont think yours is as long as you are honest and try to infrom KCC early.
Also please dont put your case no and DOB in the forum instad use 19XXX. all the best

it is too late to do so, i think cos the KCC already sent me 2nd letter. May b the embassy, tho.

What do you think?

I dont know what type of mistake i made in DOB. It could be big difference or small difference of ages. Typing error actually. anything in mind brother?

Give it try, maybe it will work ....................

Loosing amount of USD 775 should not be the reason, to stop at this stage, you may lose this amount or more than it because of any other reason in your life, just try to put your birth certificate, online form copy and form DS 230 in front of you, try to catch the mistake yourself, and hope you made this mistake in form DS 230, but in all cases go ahead to the end and don’t look to the money you have to spend as interview fees, remember it’s interview so it’s individual case, and who knows, maybe it will be alright.

Last edited by a moderator:
I second that....
If 775 is not critical to you
Go, give a shot....
Honest is the best policy.
They should know lying about the DOB brings nothing good to you.
You don have the motive and reason to do that intensionally.

I dont know what type of mistake i made in DOB. It could be big difference or small difference of ages. Typing error actually. anything in mind brother?

And that's why I tell people...MAKE COPIES OF WHATEVER YOU SEND, so that you know (or remember) what you sent.

In the case of DV application online, create a summary of anwers which you provided when applying online.

By The Way, could it be that someone applied entered the DV info on your behalf, and that someone did not enter it correctly?...so your blind assumption at the time is now causing you grief?

10x guys....i thk i am gonna gv it a shot. no money prb at all. like u said, its gamble. individual based..who knows?

i support you, give it a shot, becoz

Hi Janet girl, i am also about to go for my interview on 16th march. this is why i think you should go.

when i received my 2NL, i took a lot of time reading it. i remember specifically KCC said, after the transfer of your case number, all communications should be directed to the embassy regarding your case.

i think, if by the time you got your 2NL you hadnt rectified th problem, i would advise you to contact the embassy where your gonna have your interview. Either by mail or phone call and explain about your problem, ask for advise, find out whether it will be fatal or not.

I am sure they have had people who have faced the same problem as your facing. Try to get in touch with embassy before the date for interview. Like the place where am going to have mine from, on the website of the embassy, here was am email on can contact about any problem in regard to your Visa processing. but if it was me, a call would be best or a personal visit if you can.

i will pray for you, dont just give up. mistakes are for all human being, even the consulate. take care, i will pray for you

Hi Janet girl, i am also about to go for my interview on 16th march. this is why i think you should go.

when i received my 2NL, i took a lot of time reading it. i remember specifically KCC said, after the transfer of your case number, all communications should be directed to the embassy regarding your case.

i think, if by the time you got your 2NL you hadnt rectified th problem, i would advise you to contact the embassy where your gonna have your interview. Either by mail or phone call and explain about your problem, ask for advise, find out whether it will be fatal or not.

I am sure they have had people who have faced the same problem as your facing. Try to get in touch with embassy before the date for interview. Like the place where am going to have mine from, on the website of the embassy, here was am email on can contact about any problem in regard to your Visa processing. but if it was me, a call would be best or a personal visit if you can.

i will pray for you, dont just give up. mistakes are for all human being, even the consulate. take care, i will pray for you

Thanks a lot! You have gave me more hope than ever. I think I will try to get the best out of the embassy. My prayers are with you too. Agn, 10x!

Janet.

Janetgal, please keep all of us informed, I think your result will be a good references for others.
Hope you get the best