Birth Cirtificate

Buddy007

Registered Users (C)
How much authenticate it is to get Birth Certificates from Consulate of India in New York. I got the Birth Certificates from Consulate some time back and they have issued this on the basis of my Passport information and Certificate clearly states that this is as per the Passport. Now when I'm about to file this application, I'm afraid it shouldn't create any problem for me in the later stage.

Please advise.

BC from consulate is NOT accepted with I-485 filing.

You need BC from registrar of birth like municipality, village Panchayat or district Birth registrar.

OR
Non-availability certificate of BC from municipality, village Panchayat or district Birth registrar. AND 2 affidavits from your parents or relatives on 10 rupees stamp paper if you are from India. If Non- availability certificate is not in English get it translated from notary in India. Attach Non availability certificate+ 2 affidavits with I-485 ( attach only copies keep the original with you)

If you are going to get registered birth certificate from India, you might want to get two affidavits of birth from your close relatives as well. Some times BCIS refuses to accept birth certificates when it is registered so long after the actual birth and asks for affidavits of birth. If this happens to you (I hope it doesn’t) then this will save you time.