BIrth Certificate

thotasjunk

Registered Users (C)
HI,

I dont have birthcertificate. I born in a rural village. my records also not reflect my correct data of birth. Where can I get the birth certificate? I need this for my I-485.

any help is appreciated

Thank You

Hi,

My husband did not have his birth cert. We also applied in Indian counsulate in San francisco. But our attorney said they(USCIS) wont accept it. So, finally we got 3 affidavits from his native place,India. Anyway make sure with your attorney.

Ravinka

techy2468 said:
if u r indian u can send your passport to india cosulate...and fill app for birth cert..
----------Birth certificate from Indian consulate will not be accepted by USCIS

thotasjunk said:
HI,

I dont have birthcertificate. I born in a rural village. my records also not reflect my correct data of birth. Where can I get the birth certificate? I need this for my I-485.

any help is appreciated

Thank You
As your Birth was not recorded you need to get Birth certificate from Village Panchayat or get Non availability certificate from District Registrar of birth (Civil surgeon acts as Registrar of birth in North India). Your relative/parents can make application for your birth certificate and the clerk will take the application if they tell him to give the Non availability certificate he will say come after 7-10 days if they give him “Chai Pani” Clerk will give the Non availability certificate next day ( just tell him it is for JOB if they tell it is for USA or Canada then more Chai Pani . Once they get Non availability certificate( that will be in Indian language) get it translated in English on stamp paper by Notary public. Notary will stamp that as TRUE Translation
Then get 2 affidavits from Parents/relatives on stamp paper. The affidavits should have the date of Birth (as on your Passport) Place of Birth, relationship to you, your fathers name, mother name (as on passport)
Once you get all then keep the Originals with you and give the copy of:
Non-availability certificate Copy that is in Indian language + English Translation copy (that is signed by notary) +copy of 2 affidavits

ginnu said:
As your Birth was not recorded you need to get Birth certificate from Village Panchayat or get Non availability certificate from District Registrar of birth (Civil surgeon acts as Registrar of birth in North India). Your relative/parents can make application for your birth certificate and the clerk will take the application if they tell him to give the Non availability certificate he will say come after 7-10 days if they give him “Chai Pani” Clerk will give the Non availability certificate next day ( just tell him it is for JOB if they tell it is for USA or Canada then more Chai Pani . Once they get Non availability certificate( that will be in Indian language) get it translated in English on stamp paper by Notary public. Notary will stamp that as TRUE Translation
Then get 2 affidavits from Parents/relatives on stamp paper. The affidavits should have the date of Birth (as on your Passport) Place of Birth, relationship to you, your fathers name, mother name (as on passport)
Once you get all then keep the Originals with you and give the copy of:
Non-availability certificate Copy that is in Indian language + English Translation copy (that is signed by notary) +copy of 2 affidavits

Thanks a lot for clear explaination.

Unobtainable Birth Certificate...

Hi All,

I have a peculiar case ...

I was born in a middleeast country (Oman)to Indian parents working there

I hold Indian citizenship since birth and my first passport was issued by the Indian embassy in that country.

I have my birth date and place recorded on my earliest passport and all later passports. I also have School/college leaving certificate that has my birth records.

Now it is not possible for me for get any certified statement of non availability of birth certificate from the Oman consulate in India / USA / OMAN . My further enquiry thru a rep. in oman revealed that they do not carry records of birth prior to 1970.

I have affidavits of birth from my parents and brothers.

My question is

Can i register my birth now in India ( ofcourse as born in Oman ) and use that " certified statement from a govt authority" as per the link
"http://www.immihelp.com/immigration/birth-certificate.html "

for filing I485

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated..

Mukhtar

mukhtarahmed said:
Hi All,

I have a peculiar case ...

I was born in a middleeast country (Oman)to Indian parents working there

I hold Indian citizenship since birth and my first passport was issued by the Indian embassy in that country.

I have my birth date and place recorded on my earliest passport and all later passports. I also have School/college leaving certificate that has my birth records.

Now it is not possible for me for get any certified statement of non availability of birth certificate from the Oman consulate in India / USA / OMAN . My further enquiry thru a rep. in oman revealed that they do not carry records of birth prior to 1970.
If it is the policy, then you should get evidence, in lieu of, from Oman consulate in USA. Or you can reproduce this policy to USCIS, if they buy it.
I have affidavits of birth from my parents and brothers.

My question is

Can i register my birth now in India ( ofcourse as born in Oman - It should not be a problem in India) and use that " certified statement from a govt authority" as per the link
"http://www.immihelp.com/immigration/birth-certificate.html "

for filing I485

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated..

Mukhtar
I heard about that in such cases, affidavit have been made and big brothers/sisters signed these affidavits later by getting it attested by relevant consulate were submitted to the agencies where required. These were the cases of "traditional home delivery" under supervision of an experienced old lady. These cases can be informed to local municipal corporations to get "No Record" certificates.

Last edited by a moderator: