Birth Certificate Question

r_sada

Registered Users (C)
My BC from India shows my Name and my father and mother names, but it does not show any initial or last name, when asked it seems indian authorities do give BC intentionallly without last names and initials
can any one verify if this is ok.
also both me and my wife obtained our duplicate BC and the government issued the same.
Wanted to check that should be fine as well ?

/S

All,
did the Birth certificates that you carried had your first and last name spelled out as your full name ?
I have sent my packet 3 and NVC received it on September 27th.
I think i have some time to take care of this in the event that the BC is not completely identifying me, (like an affidavit) but this is a govt provided documentation and they claim this is what they give for every one :(

Now im worried

/S

I got my BC which does not has my name, but has my mother's name. I was told by my lawyer that my mother needs to sign an affidavit saying that: I was married to so and so, on such and such date, and a baby was born to me on so and so date, and later named so and so.
I haven't gone thru CP interview yet, hopefully it will be in Nov. But according to my lawyer I shouldn't have any problems. I don't know if you can do something similar or not.
Riyaz.

My BC + my spouse's BC just had the first names, father's and mother's full names. This was no problem at all, but I had also carried affidavit's just in case (which they did not even ask for).
ATB (all the best)
GCM.

GC_Mangta,

That's your key. It had your parents full name. But in Riyaz's case no last name whatsoever is in the cert.

If they do not issue the birth cert with your last name, I believe, you should take affidavits of your parents and your high school cert showing your Birthdate, and that should suffice. Dont lose your sleep if you cannot get the birth-cert in the correct format. But first try to get it again with your last name. Explain to them that its for GC

I just found the same problem in my birth certificate. The certificate was made in a small town deep in rural Tamil Nadu where people don't have last names. So my mother's last name is missing and my father's last name is simply our caste name :eek: . So the father in my passport is different than the father in the BC!
How on earth do I get around that! Can I pull some trick in the translation from Tamil to English? ;)

Similar Case

My BC is somewhat similar. It has my first name followed with the initials (which should identify me fully), my father's first name followed by his caste name (which is also part of his “official” name) and my mother’s first name.

My father's family name is not mentioned on the certificate (which is also a part of his "official" name). My father's official name will be like "Family Name" "Name" "Caste Name", whereas the BC only mentions "Name" "Caste Name". Will this certificate be sufficient? Or should I still go for affidavits? My interview is on 25th October.

Please advice

SM_delhi

sm_delhi said:
Will this certificate be sufficient? Or should I still go for affidavits? My interview is on 25th October.

Please advice

SM_delhi

You don't have much time. I would go for affidavits from relatives who've known you as a kid. Take it along, can't hurt, right?

No Birth Certificate

Hello,
I am going to apply for I-140 very soon. The problem is i don't have a birth certificate as my birth was not registered.

What is the alternate way to produce the birth certificate? Is there any form or format that i should follow? Please help me.

Thanks

Birth certificate

My husbands BC does not his name at all. But it has his parents names.
We took the affidavit from father, 3 other close relatives stating that the name of the child is so and so and he was born on so and so date etc.
We did not take affidavit from his mother. Is that a necessary? Please advise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going_CP said:
My husbands BC does not his name at all. But it has his parents names.
We took the affidavit from father, 3 other close relatives stating that the name of the child is so and so and he was born on so and so date etc.
We did not take affidavit from his mother. Is that a necessary? Please advise.

It won't be necessary. You have more than enough.

Raju

Guys

Bith certificate having only first name is fine. I did my AC-140 last month and there was no problem even though my BC was showing only first name.

If your name is not there at all in BC, then yes get affidavit and also english version of your Matriculation certificate as secondary proof.

GChope

Alren, CP Gurus

My wife birth certicate does'nt have her name . I know I need an affidavit

What should be the language on the affidavit ?

sachingp

sachingp said:
Alren, CP Gurus

My wife birth certicate does'nt have her name . I know I need an affidavit

What should be the language on the affidavit ?

sachingp
<< SachinGP,
Here is a sample I got from my lawyer:

**START**

Note to advocate in India: To be typed on stamp-paper and executed before Magistrate in India

AFFIDAVIT

I, MOTHER'S FULL NAME, solemnly declare on oath as under:

1. That I was born on DATE OF BIRTH at PLACE OF BIRTH, India and reside at CURRENT RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS.

2. That I declare that I was married to Mr. FATHER'S FULL NAME on _______________at _______________, and that as a result of this union, I gave birth to a male/female child on YOUR DATE OF BIRTH at YOUR BIRTH PLACE.

3. That the child born to me on YOUR DATE OF BIRTH at YOUR BIRTH PLACE was subsequently named YOUR NAME.

4. That the above statement is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and ability.

Advocate: Please have certification typed here
Signed before

MAGISTRATE

**END**

Hope this helps >>