Birth certificate Issue

hegdeananth

Registered Users (C)
Hi:
I was born on the 14th of september, but for some reason it got recorded as 15h sept in the records and thats what they have issued me on the birth certificate. My passport says 14th sept. How should I handle this? Has anyone had similar situations?
Thanks
AH

get a corrected passport. Also, always keep a copy of the "incorrect passport", in case you ever need proof that you had an "incorrect" date of birth.

I could get it corrected but then I will have to get a whole lot of other documents(SSN, Drivers Lisence e.t.c. e.t.c) corrected. All my documents till date have 09/14 as my DOB. Its just the Birth Certificate which has 09/15.
I read on the Mumbai Consulate website that if my Date of birth is wrong, then I could use Secondary evidence to prove the correct DOB. (http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/ivbirthcertificates.html)
Does this hold here too or only If I apply through Mumbai Consulate ?

Thanks ! Appreciate your time!
AH

hegdeananth said:
I could get it corrected but then I will have to get a whole lot of other documents(SSN, Drivers Lisence e.t.c. e.t.c) corrected. All my documents till date have 09/14 as my DOB. Its just the Birth Certificate which has 09/15.
I read on the Mumbai Consulate website that if my Date of birth is wrong, then I could use Secondary evidence to prove the correct DOB. (http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/ivbirthcertificates.html)
Does this hold here too or only If I apply through Mumbai Consulate ?

Thanks ! Appreciate your time!
AH

Secondary evidence is only permissible if the birth certificate cannot be obtained and there is a non availability of birth record certificate issued by the appropriate corporation or muncipality or the registrar of births and deaths having jurisdiction over the area where the birth took place.

Since in your case, the birth record exists, a certificate of non availability cannot be obtained, which makes the using of secondary evidence infeasible.

You can try getting a corrected birth certificate from the local muncipality or registrar of births from your area.