Birth Certificate Issue with date

gc_ans_seeker

Registered Users (C)
Hello Guys
Do you know what USCIS does if date of birth is different on birth certificate and passport. Municipality is not willing to change the date under any circumstances. The date on the passport is on every other document including school leaving, visa-stamp, nationality etc.
I am wondering what are the options. Case will be eligible 485 very soon.
Please help ..
Thanks
:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
hi gc_ans_seeker

you have to get this sorted out..you would definitely get an RFE fot the thing..i guess your real DOB is the one on the birth certificate..
But didnt you need your BIrth certificate while filing for 140 or you havent filed it yet?
you have to get a corrected BC...

Thanks for responding, gchelpus
Yes, we have not applied 140 yet.
Municipal is refusing to change the date.
Any idea what to do? or what people have done in the past in such cases?

Appreciate the reply
thx

gc_ans_seeker said:
Thanks for responding, gchelpus
Yes, we have not applied 140 yet.
Municipal is refusing to change the date.

Any idea what to do?
-------------- ask someone who works in municipality and give him Chai pani............ anything can be done in In......In the Indian court system if you give chai pani to peon or clerk the files are burned or destroyed, you should know how to deal with municipality clerk
or what people have done in the past in such cases?

Appreciate the reply
thx

Thanks for reply.
Beleive me. All avenues have been tried. It appears that people there had been burned by false claims. So now they do not make any change.
But as you said, there is got to be a way to change the date if not thru chai-pani, but thru legal way. There are going to be so many typing errors in there files. There has to be some way to fix it. But I do not know what it is.

And, if truely there is no way, then i am in a lot of trouble. After all these years of patience, it is so frustrating. I am sure you all know this and have gone thru this. Please let me know if there is any way out.

I think you can take two affidavits from Parent with the DOB on your passport and you do not have to submit the DOB Certificate.

Make sure your parents mention on the affidavit that they have not intimated the Municipality about your birth blah..blah...

I think this is one way you can get through this...

No. It is not possible to change the DOB by municipality. Your parents have to go to court and submit an affidavit stating your school certificate DOB (SCDOB) as your original DOB. They have to submit non-availability of BC for your SCDOB issued by municipality and your school certificate to the court.The court will announce your parents' claim in the news paper or some public board for 60 days. If no one objects within 60 days, then, court will order municipailty to issue a BC stating your school certificate DOB. Municipaility will issue a new BC. It is a lengthy procedure.

If you don't want to take this route, there is another procedure. Get a non-availablity of BC for the date mentioned in the school certificate issued by municipality, get affidavit from your mother and submit these two documents as an evidence of your birth-certificate.

Guys, I'm also in the same boat, My Birth certificate has my fathers name wrong (no spelling mistake but complete wrong!!!they screaed up while registering), My parents went to the Bombay BMC office but they won't change it any cost (I hate this to say but I offerer money also, That was the last option).

They are saying everything is computerised and they can't change, if I want to change I have get some proof of my dad & mom as husband & wife which was issued before my birth (before 1973 ) & not issued after 1973.

I have everything else apart from what they ask for like my parents marriage certificate, my domicile, mom-dad's passport etc etc. but those buggers at BMC won't change niether they will give a Non avialability certificate saying we don't don't give anything in writing.

Guys Please tell me some work around for this. I have already got a BC from consultate but I have doubt that being accepted for GC processing.

Thanks,