Biometrics in the morning - approved in the evening

Rajay_Ind

Registered Users (C)
:) Hi Guys:

I went to Buffalo INS Office to give Biometrics in the morning on 02/18/2005 and got I-485 card ordered e-mail in the evening (9.15 P.m.). No formal approved e-mail.

Before some time I posted a thred asking about Biometrics for I-485. I did not get any reply - I think nobody experienced about I-485 Biometrics.

INS took following for Biometrics : 1) Took Digital Photograph 2) Digital signature of the applicant and 3) Right index finger print. They will send these details directly to the service center for printing cards (GC or EAD).

We really feel relieved after such a long process.

My I-485 belongs to EB3 category.

You can see my other details in my signature.

No! Fingerprint is the process which takes prints of all the 10 fingers, whereas, biometrics is the process which takes your photo, signature and print of index finger (which is in our cases) or unique part which identifies you - e.g. any of your fingerprint, eye (iris), etc.

Hope I answered the question!

It's not a face recognition. It's just a way reduce I-551 stamping process in which they will get the same details from the applicant and send the same to service centres to print the card. In this process they will get all the details electronically and send the detail electronically to service centre to print the card.

I have got a notice from the USCIS whose subject says "Fingerprint Notice". But in the body, it says "To process your application, USCIS must capture your biometrics. Please appear at the below application support center at the date and time specified. .........". It no where inside says fingerprinting. So do you think it is for all of the biometrics, not just the fingerprinting.

What I have been hearing in this forum is, they take Fingerprints only. Why do you think that they have asked for biometrics along with Fingerprints ?

For new I-485 filers, starting from 2004, they are taking biometrics along with finger prints. Those biometrics will be used to print EAD, Advance Parole, etc. The same will be used while adjustment of status (I-485). Since you filed your I-485 recently I think they are asking for EAD and Advance Parole.

Congrats, Rajay_Ind!

RoaringBull, I've got the same FP Notice as you. I guess I'll have to shave before I go - since they may be taking my picture!

Indian /EB3 /VSC /Labor Sub /PD 1998 /I-140 Approved

I-485 ND: Apr 2004

Biometrics for me too

I got the same notice before they approved my 2nd EAD. I thought it was FP notice for my I485 but it was actually biometrics FP for EAD. Compared to my first EAD, it now has my picture, finger print and my digital signature on it.

congrats!

Hi Rajay_Ind,

Congratulations!!! I'm in the same boat ---- received the notice of biometrics on 2/7/05 and was confused since I did my fp back in Nov. 04 (see my signature). I went to Newark ASC this morning and did the same thing you did, fingerprint only the index finger, gave digital signature and picture.

Your testimony is certainly inspiring!!! I didn't get the approval notice either though I had LUD 2/3/05, 2/7/05 and 2/22/05. It still says " Your FP was received ...... case resumed......we will send you a notice when a decision is made or further action needed......".

This forum really gives me lot of information. I will keep you guys updated!

dc1993

Hi DC1993:

If the biometrics is for the receipt number of I-485 and LUD is changed the same day, you will probably get the card message by the end of today or tomorrow.

I assume that Biometrics are taken either for I-485 or for EAD. For whichever receipt number you are for Biometrics, you will receive this document.

Any difference of opinion or statements?

My FP (with Biometrics) Notice is for my I-485 application - as per the Notice itself. This is the first FP notice of any kind that I have received. BTW, I have not applied for renewal of EAD or AP.

Is it possible that USCIS sent me the wrong FP Notice for my I-485?

Does the regular (I-485 related) FP Notice mention the word 'biometrics' at all? I mean, are there really 2 kinds of FP Notices for I-485 - one with 'biometrics' and the other without?

Confusing and Curious

Dear Rajay_Ind,

Thanks for your posting but I'm getting confused and curious at the same time. I say this because my PD is July 04 and the I-140/I-485/EAD/AP ND is 11/05/04. I have received my EAD and AP and recently I-140 got approved.

I received the Finger print notification for 'I-485 Application to Register Permanent Resident or Adjust Status' and have the message as "To process your application, USCIS must capture your biometrics. Please appear at the below application support center at the date and time specified. .........".

But the big question is my PD is nowhere close to the current dates? How do I interpret this message?

TIA.

If the priority date is not current, and if you receive the notice for Biometrics, I really do not know how to answer the question. May be to keep the records update they might have asked for Biometrics - you know already that USCIS does not have a pattern.

Regarding whether I had my PP stamping or not - I have not yet. I have not yet received my approval notice by mail physically. I planned to ask USCIS about the same if I did not receive anything (physical card/welcome notice/approval letter).

Regarding the notice - Mine was printed in finger print notice. It has the sentence "If you do not take biometrics before that date....."

Hope I answered all of the questions.

MBMseekingGC said:
My FP (with Biometrics) Notice is for my I-485 application - as per the Notice itself. This is the first FP notice of any kind that I have received. BTW, I have not applied for renewal of EAD or AP.

Is it possible that USCIS sent me the wrong FP Notice for my I-485?

Does the regular (I-485 related) FP Notice mention the word 'biometrics' at all? I mean, are there really 2 kinds of FP Notices for I-485 - one with 'biometrics' and the other without?

Hi MBMseekingGC,

My first FP notice mentioned sth. about clearance by the FBI. The second one mentioned biometrics. The first one I went, they took fp for all my fingers. The second one, they only took fp for my right index finger, digital signature and picture. Good Luck!!!

CaliGC said:
I received the Finger print notification for 'I-485 Application to Register Permanent Resident or Adjust Status' and have the message as "To process your application, USCIS must capture your biometrics. Please appear at the below application support center at the date and time specified. .........".

But the big question is my PD is nowhere close to the current dates? How do I interpret this message?

TIA.

On the same boat here - I-485 filed 08/04, AP/EAD approved 09/04. I have not applied for AP/EAD extension yet - no need for it since the expiration date for both of them 09/05. Received FP notice for biometrics recently.