Biometrics in the morning - approved in the evening

Got biometrics receipt scheduled in April 04. Notice says :
Fingerprint Notification but has been scheduled for Biometrics. Details in the signature.

Is FP different the Biometrics?

For the first time receivers, it may be both for Biometrics and FP.

One update from my side: I got approval notice mailed mail (02/23/05). I updated my signature accordingly.

FP vs Biometrics

It is confusing, I am on the same boat, I have my EAD approved 9/04, and expire 9/05, I got my 1st FP notice for biometrics, should I expect another FP notice for regular fingerprint of all of my fingers. Can anybody please put some light on this?

GC-App said:
It is confusing, I am on the same boat, I have my EAD approved 9/04, and expire 9/05, I got my 1st FP notice for biometrics, should I expect another FP notice for regular fingerprint of all of my fingers. Can anybody please put some light on this?

I did my biometrics already. They take your picture, your digital signature and the prints of all your fingers.

I guess getting FP notice has nothing to do with PD not being current. My PD is not current and I've got FP notice and so did many of my friends. Also although the FP notice says 'biometrics' many of my friends have been just finger printed and I read in forums that some have been photographed, so there is no clear answer to what Biometrics means to USCIS!

Rajay_Ind said:
I think it should be for the both. Please let us know how FP process went thru after you are done.

I will let everybody know after I am done, thanks for all the replies.

Question..

Rajay_Ind,

Congratulations on your approval. What was the "code" on your FP Notice?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rajay_Ind - Congratulations for your approval,

We had our FP done on 2/22/05.
I had FP notice where code was 2 so I was told at FP center that it is for Biometrics. My signature, index finger print and photograph was taken. In my spouse's FP notice, code was 1 so he had regular fingerprinting.

I applied for my 3rd EAD by mail (paper filing) in december. So, was my FP (Biometrics) notice was for the EAD or should I expect approval? LUD changed to 2/23/05 for my I-485 case.

What your knowledge and experience says about my case?

In my Biometrics notification the code was mentioned as 2.

Hi GC092002:

I think you may get approval is around the corner. If your spouse's I-485 was filed after your filing date, she may (or may not) get separate Biometrics notice. Let's hope for the best. USCIS has started clearing old cases. If you notice now, lot of Dec 02 receipt cases were getting approved. I think they are now focussing from Aug 02 to Dec 02.

can anyone let me know what is the meaning of "Code 1", "Code 2" and "Code 3" on Fingerprint Notice(Biometric).
Thanks

Thanks.

I wish we get approval soon. Yeah, I've also noticed many cases of 2002 getting approval.

did your online message was changed after your FP-Biomatrics?

Rajay_Ind said:
In my Biometrics notification the code was mentioned as 2.

Hi GC092002:

I think you may get approval is around the corner. If your spouse's I-485 was filed after your filing date, she may (or may not) get separate Biometrics notice. Let's hope for the best. USCIS has started clearing old cases. If you notice now, lot of Dec 02 receipt cases were getting approved. I think they are now focussing from Aug 02 to Dec 02.

GC-App said:

Check and see if the code in your FP notice is '3'. If the code is '3', then you will do both regular FP and biometrics.

Hi GC092002:

We went for Biometrics on 02/18/05 morning and in the evening at 9:15 pm I got the e-mail that my card has been ordered (I was yet to get apprval e-mail at this time). On 02/23/05 I got the mai that USCIS mailed approval notices.

All the best for speedy approval!!

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!!! Congrats!!! This is very intersting.... After the FP, now people are getting approval in 10 days? I was readig this thread and confused more and more. I expect if some one working closely with Mr. Khanna can clarify all this....