Biometrics for minor

Asylee13

Registered Users (C)
I didn't know that INS needs biomerics for 9 years old also. I have a 9 years old and i applied for his I-485. Today got notice for biometric appointment for next week.
I can't make it that day and wants to reschedule. Is it possible to reschedule it any other way, than checking the box for reschduling option in the notice and mailing it back. I mean can it be done online or any phone number ?

I didn't know that INS needs biomerics for 9 years old also. I have a 9 years old and i applied for his I-485. Today got notice for biometric appointment for next week.
I can't make it that day and wants to reschedule. Is it possible to reschedule it any other way, than checking the box for reschduling option in the notice and mailing it back. I mean can it be done online or any phone number ?

Asylee: You will need to read the notice carefully; In most cases, you don't need to reschedule a biometric's appointment. If you can't make it on the appointed date, there are instructions on the notice that tells on date you can go there after the appointed date. For example, in my area, if you can't make for a biometric appointment, you are allowed to come any other Wednesday after the appointment date. they would let you do it. In some cases you might go earlier, but that depends on how busy they are. If they are not busy and you go there earlier they will let you do it, but if they are busy they will tell you to come on time. For most cases if you mis an appointment date and show up the following day, they will process your case;

In summary, read carefully the instructions on the notice; and follow them; not need rescheduling...good luck