Biometrics for GC correction?

MJA

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys

I would greatly appreciate if someone can answer my question. I recieved my green card with a missing middle name in Nov 2005. I filed I-90 with follwing timeline.

Mailed I-90 "d" to NSC Sep 25, 2006
Received NOA (fee waived) Oct 06, 2006

I signed up for online updates at USCIS website and my case last updated on October 04, 2006. (I did not know why it was updated as I received the NOA on Oct 6) My question is that is do you have to do biometrics for GC correction and what does the case update mean it has been approved or a notice for biometrics appointment has been sent? Thanks a lot.

MJA said:
Hi Guys

I would greatly appreciate if someone can answer my question. I recieved my green card with a missing middle name in Nov 2005. I filed I-90 with follwing timeline.

I signed up for online updates at USCIS website and my case last updated on October 04, 2006.
------------May they sent NOA on Oct 4.
(I did not know why it was updated as I received the NOA on Oct 6) My question is that is do you have to do biometrics for GC correction and what does the case update mean it has been approved or a notice for biometrics appointment has been sent?
------------ for biometrics othres will post. once your GC or I-90 is approved they update the online status.
Thanks a lot.

Hi MJA,
Sorry I don't have info to help you. But I am in a similar situation where I received my GC in June 2006 with middle name spelt wrong. I sent an I90 'd' to Vermont on 28th August 2006. I haven't received anything from them since and my local office refuses to stamp my passport as I have not received a receipt for the I90. The curious thing is when I called the 800 number about the card having a mistake they asked me to have the passport stamped before mailing the application as I will not be receiving any receipt for it. But when I went to the local office they refused to stamp my passport as I had not yet sent in my application. So finally I did send the application but now they are refusing the stamp because of no receipt and 800 number says I will not get a receipt.
My question here is what center you sent the I90'd' is and what kind os NOA did you recieve. Won't they just send the card? Or if the biometrics have expired a notice for biometrics? I am a novice here so thank you for your reply.
Thanks,
hellomass
MJA said:
Hi Guys

I signed up for online updates at USCIS website and my case last updated on October 04, 2006. (I did not know why it was updated as I received the NOA on Oct 6) My question is that is do you have to do biometrics for GC correction and what does the case update mean it has been approved or a notice for biometrics appointment has been sent? Thanks a lot.

MJA its funny because I also sent in my greencard for corrections in September and I have not received any notice of any kind. I also called the 800 number and was informed to just send it in, I was not advised about going for any stamps. They also told me that it takes about 6 months for the case to be processed and only after 6 months can they look up in the system and provide me with info. That I find to be so stupid. I might just have to go to the Federal Plaza her ein NY to get answers.

My friend had an error in her GC (summer 2005), she submitted application for correction and then she got invitation for biometrics, they also charged her $70, but later she called and they told she will get refund for this since this is USCIS error...

Hi everyone

I received the corrected GC on 11/02/06. Here is my timeline.

I-90 mailed to NSC: 09/25/06 (Missing middle name)
Receipt date: 09/28/06
Priority date: 09/29/06 (Fee waiver granted)
NOA received: 10/05/06
Online case updated: 10/04/06 (no email)
Online case updated: 10/19/06 (Again no email)
GC received in mail: 11/02/06 (Online status still not changed)

It was quite a surprise to see the corrected card in the mail because online status is still not showing that my case is approved. But the process was amazingly fast and from the day I mailed my application, it took about 5 weeks to get the corrected GC.

Last edited by a moderator:
MJA & others

I need to mail my I-90 for DOB correction. What does NSC mean in your posting? is it Nebraska Service Center? From the I-90 form instructions, for I-90 part2, d (error on USCIS adminstration), I should mail it to Texas Service Center (where i filed for 485). But it also indicates I can mail to USCIS Lockbox.

Please advise which one is right. I have been out of touch with immigration procedures for quite sometime now..almost five yrs.

Thanks

GChopes said:
MJA & others

I need to mail my I-90 for DOB correction. What does NSC mean in your posting?
is it Nebraska Service Center?
-----------------------YES
From the I-90 form instructions, for I-90 part2, d (error on USCIS adminstration), I should mail it to Texas Service Center (where i filed for 485).
--- if DOB is written wrong by USCIS then file with Texas Service Center

But it also indicates I can mail to USCIS Lockbox.
---------- on the form they have not updated, earlier they started Lockbox at LA then changed it to service centres
Please advise which one is right.
----------mail it to Texas Service Center

** on the cover letter explain what is wrong with DOB, send the form, your incorrect card, copy of DL, copy of passport pages that has correct birth date, copy of BC that has correct DOB. update once you get filing reciept.

I have been out of touch with immigration procedures for quite sometime now..almost five yrs.

Thanks