biometric for rerentry permit

battelle

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

Biometric will be effective on 3/5/08. Do I need to pay $80 again and do the biometric? I submitted my I-131 for rerentry permit in October 2007.

Thank,

I am wondering the same thing. I applied in August 2007. Not sure if the new rule is retroactive or applies only to those who apply after 3/5/08.

Do I understand correctly, that anybody who wishes reentry permit must wait in the U.S. until scheduled appointment just to give biometrics?

So cannot just file reentry permit a go abroad?

I-131 fee + 80$ for fucking biometrics??

170 + 80 = $250 just for piece of paper allowing you to apply for entry?

Last edited by a moderator:
170 + 80 = $250 just for piece of paper allowing you to apply for reentry which will be denied if you stay out of the US more than a year and come back w/o this piece of paper.
fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry being rude ... but it's really $250 now + including fact that you have to wait in the U.S. for these biometrics?

Does a Reentry permit require passport size photographs ?

If you are outside the United States and filing for a refugee travel document, or if you are in the United States and filing for advance parole document.
You must submit two identical color photographs of yourself taken within 30 days of the filing of this application.

It doesn't talk about REP.

It's actually higher

$305 REP Fee
+
$80 Biometric Fee
=
$385

($170 was the old fee)

Are you kidding :-D it would almost way better (cheaper) to go to the U.S. for a few days instead of obtaining reentry permit!!

So how much is the fee actually?? I hope not that much ...

Does the interview occurs on the samy day of the biometric?

Do you have to bring any documents in it?

How much time it takes to the USCIS to schedule an interview after you have mailed the I-131 form?

Thank you.