Bill Introduced to Eliminate Asylee Cap

wantmygcnow

Volunteer Moderator
Folks,

This was shown to me by one of my lawyers. I believe we should all get together and try to push this as much as we can. I know its tough after sep 11 but what's fair is fair. I am wiling to set up a website(www.nomoreasyleecap.org) if you guys wish. We can start sending requests to our local congressmen. We are all law abiding, tax paying citizens..Why are we being treated like this when citizens of Haiti, Cuba, iraq are not limited to the cap..??

Morevoer if amnesty is granted to all illegal document holders, how does it bode for us? We have gone through the right route and still we aren't treated right. Please feel free to add your comments or any suggestions..

Bill to elimnate Asylee Cap(Do find on Asylee):

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c108:H.R.47:

Bill to change cap to 25,000:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c108:1:./temp/~c108RJ8u19::

IF WE DONT RAISE OUR VOICES..NOTHING WILL HAPPEN! We can do this folks!

Come on lets hear it from everyone..We need to make this on at least an article or some sort..

Yes guys! I think wantmygcnow has done a great job. We should support the removal of this cap because 11 years of waiting time is absolutely unfair. I am with you wantmygcnow and I am sure other members will agree to it too.

Best wishes,

I am with all my legs and hands in! This is a great idea, besides the website you chose to create will attract even more asylees and provide more exposure to the world about this probelm.
Let us know how we can help. Great effort!

Originally posted by boncorne
I am with all my legs and hands in! This is a great idea, besides the website you chose to create will attract even more asylees and provide more exposure to the world about this probelm.
Let us know how we can help. Great effort!

support

most of us have already sent letters to our congressmen and members of the judicial commitee who's responsible for the bill, I know I have. Anything else I can do, count me in.

There was a Bill introduced in the House back in 2000 or 2001 I cant remember. Senate Committee even did a hearing on this. We were all very optimistic about this Bill. But no major activities after that.

My guess is that even though the 10k cap still stands there have been some slight improvements. Like now BCIS would issue memorendums encouraging asylees to call if no decision has been made on their cases etc.
As Gilbert pointed out awhile back it's most likely that the House will pass one big legislation that resolves many asylee related issues instead of a single legislation that removes the 10k cap on adjustments. I have no clue as to when this will happen but poor economy and fear of terrorism are serious draw back factors that prevents politicians from supporting such immigration reforms.

wantmygcnow,

You can count me in.

By the way, the URL link you provided I could not open it.