Big jump in March 2008 bulletin

Hi,

Does this mean we have a chance to get our I485 approved already? Our PD is Oct.2004? If yes? how many months we're still have to wait...

thanks so much...

India EB3 Row employment based is 1Aug.01...

I'm from the Phil. and it jumped to 1Jan.05... what does this mean for us? how many more months is the wait in case this is true to get our GC?

thanks

India EB3 Row employment based is 1Aug.01...

I'm from the Phil. and it jumped to 1Jan.05... what does this mean for us? how many more months is the wait in case this is true to get our GC?

thanks

This means that cases USCIS can start processing I-485s with priority date less then 01/2005. As for how much time it will take to process your case - hopefully not much, but you never know.
With the new memo regarding the name checks it looks like it should not be more then 180 days, but I bet it will be more, at least at first. Right now they have a lot of cases that were there from 2002 to 2005 ROW.
USCIS will start processing them all. Per the rules they should process the cases according to the filing date, so the earlier you filed, the better your chances are to get the GC sooner.

emceenic,
If our PD are current in March bulletin and 485 processing dates in Field Office are beyond your 485 submission date, INS is supposed to start your 485 case. If our fingerprints are done and security checks cleared, they supposedly finish GC within a few months. I140 has to be already approved of course.
In my case for example, my 485 case was submitted on 5 Aug 07, and Dallas field office 485 processing is currently up to only 19 July 07, I have to wait till my 5th Aug or more date is showed up in monthly processing date table of Dallas Field Office.

emceenic,
If our PD are current in March bulletin and 485 processing dates in Field Office are beyond your 485 submission date, INS is supposed to start your 485 case. If our fingerprints are done and security checks cleared, they supposedly finish GC within a few months. I140 has to be already approved of course.
In my case for example, my 485 case was submitted on 5 Aug 07, and Dallas field office 485 processing is currently up to only 19 July 07, I have to wait till my 5th Aug or more date is showed up in monthly processing date table of Dallas Field Office.

Thanks...we filed ours Aug. 7...and Nebraska office has a backlog so I guess it might take longer in our case.

Eb3-row

Last year before the July fiasco, the PD for EB3 ROW was at July if I recollect correctly. After the fiasco, it went back to 2001, now its back to Jan 2005. I would consider anyone whose case is already approvable, meaning security check complete, FP complete, I-140 complete, and just waiting for a visa number to be lucky. So the earlier your PD is, the luckier you are at this point. Ofcourse, wait for like a few months and again by this October, EB3 should be retrogressed back to 1985. Thats just USCIS :)

Also good opportunity for any folks who missed the July fiasco. Dont miss this chance for EAD and AP.

Last edited by a moderator: