Between interview and oath date

Surely there must be an option to go ahead and pay for a speeding ticket without going in front of a judge, if the driver decides not to challenge it.

I am surprised NYC would not offer such an option because it is such a big
and busy city and I doubt judges, p[olice and DA have that much time for
traffic violation. CA even offer trial by declaration.

Only many small towns can afford to treat traffic violation seriouly
for the benefit of both sides. At some places one can request a jury
trial for a simple speeding ticket

Ok, I took my oath abt 3 wks ago in Brooklyn, NY and there were two who were prevented from taking their oath due to traffic tickets they received after the interview but before the oath date. The oath letter specifically ask if you been cited by the police including traffic citations?" So, the how they would find out part is irrelevant. Virtually all traffic citations in NYC requires a court visit with the exception of expired registrations and equipment failures etc ...

Now for full disclosure, I should mention that I only disclosed traffic tickets I received that involved me having to go to court on my n-400.

So_Special: Did they disclosure it?

So_Special: Did they disclosure it?

They must have disclosed it and get punished for being honest.

I doubt the USCIS can still find it out on their own. There
is no background check between the interview and Oath
and even if they do a random check by selecting a very very small percnetage of applicants, I doubt a traffic ticket can end up
in tehir findings

I wonder if So_Special meant to say that virtually all traffic citations in NY require a court date if the driver wants to challenge it.

This leads to the possibility of disclosing a minor traffic ticket on your N-400 and being approved, yet preventing you from taking the oath if you disclose another minor ticket received between interview and oath as the GMC determination is made by two different IOs. Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, and is the product of an inconsistent USCIS process ruled by IOs with too much discretionary power.

Last edited by a moderator:
yet preventing you from taking the oath if you disclose another minor ticket received between interview and oath as the GMC determination is made by two different IOs.

I don't think the IO (is such a officer still caleed IO? ) at Oath has much time
to re-examine each applicant. They may decide to make it simple by delaying
everyone who check Yes to any question.

Last edited by a moderator: